Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

'23 model year colors

The new mustang just came out, and besides looking like a great overall car, they introduced a new color called Vapor Blue Metallic. I think midnight steel might be pretty similar. Looks awesome on the Stang, IMO.

Mustang in Vapor Blue plus paint chips from website:View attachment 12720

CT4 V in midnight plus paint chips and website paint chip:
View attachment 12721

Comparison of website paint chips, who knows how valid this is :) Vapor on left, midnight steel on right.
View attachment 12722
I think this is the same car, inside light so hard to tell, but its still not my jam. I think the pastel "destroyer gray" and similar colors like this will be a time stamp color like emerald green was in 1996.

I think this is the same car, inside light so hard to tell, but its still not my jam. I think the pastel "destroyer gray" and similar colors like this will be a time stamp color like emerald green was in 1996.
Or mother of pearl...

That is the same color, I think Redline reviews calls it out in his video.

I dont think you mean pastel, which is a very bright and lightly saturated color. This grey is pretty heavily saturated, so definitely not pastel. I think you mean gloss and non-metallic, but both Vapor Blue and the Midnight Steel are metallic.

So what is trendy right now, and why? Audi's nardo grey was the forerunner to destroyer grey, and its everywhere. The latest versions of grabber blue, aka electric blue or rapid blue are on Toyota RAV 4s. Mazda's soul red crystal with a tinted top coat? Fords and Caddy's and lots of others. Oranges are all over Jeep and Dodges. Pearlescent off whites you can find on subarus and hondas. You dont see many truly unique colors like Lexus' structural blue. Once a color gets popular, everyone else rushes to add that option and drop less popular colors.

Do manufacturers pick colors because they are trendy, or do colors become trendy because our choices are extremely limited? Is every color that Cadillac offers outside of black, white, and silver is "trendy"? I dunno, just thinking out loud here :)

That is the same color, I think Redline reviews calls it out in his video.

I dont think you mean pastel, which is a very bright and lightly saturated color. This grey is pretty heavily saturated, so definitely not pastel. I think you mean gloss and non-metallic, but both Vapor Blue and the Midnight Steel are metallic.

So what is trendy right now, and why? Audi's nardo grey was the forerunner to destroyer grey, and its everywhere. The latest versions of grabber blue, aka electric blue or rapid blue are on Toyota RAV 4s. Mazda's soul red crystal with a tinted top coat? Fords and Caddy's and lots of others. Oranges are all over Jeep and Dodges. Pearlescent off whites you can find on subarus and hondas. You dont see many truly unique colors like Lexus' structural blue. Once a color gets popular, everyone else rushes to add that option and drop less popular colors.

Do manufacturers pick colors because they are trendy, or do colors become trendy because our choices are extremely limited? Is every color that Cadillac offers outside of black, white, and silver is "trendy"? I dunno, just thinking out loud here :)

I made a point yesterday while driving to look for cars with some color. It actually was quite difficult to do. Just a sea of white, shades of grey and black. A few reds, mostly dark red, a couple dark blues and one yellow Hummer.

I snagged a Black Raven 4BW but I have a Blaze Orange on order. I usually wind up with white or black cars but I want to try something different.

Obviously not the same as my beloved 1996 grand prix gtp dark teal metallic🥰

I made a point yesterday while driving to look for cars with some color. It actually was quite difficult to do. Just a sea of white, shades of grey and black. A few reds, mostly dark red, a couple dark blues and one yellow Hummer.

I snagged a Black Raven 4BW but I have a Blaze Orange on order. I usually wind up with white or black cars but I want to try something different.
I’m struggling with this. I’ve only ever had white cars. A wise man once told me “if it looks good on a mini-van, it shouldn’t go on a sports car” and that’s stuck with me. I’ve got a 5BW in Rift on order but I’m tempted to change it up to Blaze or Electric. The problem for me is I think this car is special as a sleeper. Whites and blacks help keep it under the radar. I think there’s something to be said about the fastest cars on the road not being noticed. Thus lies my confliction

I’m struggling with this. I’ve only ever had white cars. A wise man once told me “if it looks good on a mini-van, it shouldn’t go on a sports car” and that’s stuck with me. I’ve got a 5BW in Rift on order but I’m tempted to change it up to Blaze or Electric. The problem for me is I think this car is special as a sleeper. Whites and blacks help keep it under the radar. I think there’s something to be said about the fastest cars on the road not being noticed. Thus lies my confliction
Thats a great point. I want screaming loud red or electric blue, but I dont like taking my blue 328 into the city. And its only worth a pile of beans compared to a blackwing.

Yes, by "pastel" I was going for something less clunky than "gloss, non-metallic paint". 15-20 years from now you'll see these colors and think of 2020.

I'm guilty of not being very daring with colors, but I've never owned a white car. My local dealer had a summit white 5BW 6M in early summer and it was a hard pass for me. White hides dirt and swirl marks, but it also hides the cars lines. I tend to stick with Silvers and dark grays for daily drivers, black for a weekend garage queen. I wanted shadow gray or would have gone with a super dark blue metallic.

Stay strong. Resist the dark side.
View attachment 7643
#noCFbychoice #oldladyspec #sleeper #riftgang

Yes, by "pastel" I was going for something less clunky than "gloss, non-metallic paint". 15-20 years from now you'll see these colors and think of 2020.

I'm guilty of not being very daring with colors, but I've never owned a white car. My local dealer had a summit white 5BW 6M in early summer and it was a hard pass for me. White hides dirt and swirl marks, but it also hides the cars lines. I tend to stick with Silvers and dark grays for daily drivers, black for a weekend garage queen. I wanted shadow gray or would have gone with a super dark blue metallic.
I bought a new Golf R a few years ago, and decided on white. (oryx white, which is actually really good for a white) Pretty much the week after I bought it I wish I had gone with Lapiz Blue, which is quite a rare color. Luckily, I now have a 5BW in Wave Blue, which is very close to Lapiz.

Quite the same way when I see my 4th gen F-body and think..... definitely 1994. Though I am seeing a fair number of Jeep Wranglers in this color which is making me feel good these days. :ROFLMAO:

1994_TransAm_1.jpg

I want to take this time to vent, since its friday night and im a couple of beers in. I also did a really shitty job caulking my new vanity and im pissed cause i have to strip it out, so maybe disregard the following.

WTF is so hard about programming the configuration website. They are going to build friggin real cars in the flesh before they figure out the combination of options to make a website price. FFS cadillac web team, get your crap together.

If the car is used properly the driver shouldn’t really be seeing much of the paint color. - When the outside comes inside then there’s bigger problems. The paint is really for the audience, so I suppose that’s important in terms of making a statement about one’s personality. But, I don’t care much about what people I don’t care about think about me.

I want to take this time to vent, since its friday night and im a couple of beers in. I also did a really shitty job caulking my new vanity and im pissed cause i have to strip it out, so maybe disregard the following.

WTF is so hard about programming the configuration website. They are going to build friggin real cars in the flesh before they figure out the combination of options to make a website price. FFS cadillac web team, get your crap together.
Yup. Digital is an important channel and the brand website shows prices for 2023 on the main link then the configuration link shows 2022 prices, options and colors. That is mind-numbingly stupid and even more crazy since production of 2022s ceased nearly 2 months ago.

If you're watching this thread, Cadillac, what's the point of directing people to configure 2022's when this model year can no longer be built?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back