Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 models get new blackwing badge on the trunk?

I'm going to put mine on a chain and wear it flavor flav style
flavor flav film GIF by Doctor Popular

I think the blackwings are a great example of how the hardwork and dedication of some, in this case the GM engineers like Mirza that clearly poured their heart out on this swan song project to make these cars so special, can easily be undone and undermined by the incompetence and indifference of others, in this case the quality control people at Lansing, bean counters at GM, delivery logistics people, and whoever sends out emails about badges.
Truth!

I don't know who worked on my Escalade V, but I drove it around for about a week after getting it trying to get the break-in miles and it's a very fun (awesome sounding) luxury sport SUV. BUT, I crawled back in my 5BW six-speed after not driving it for almost 2 weeks and holy goat, is it so fun to drive.

The LT4 in the 5BW isn't saddled with over a ton of extra weight the Slade has and you feel every single one of those horsepowers hurdling the 5BW down the road. It's a rocket compared to the VSlade. Not that surprising, but the 5BW is way more fun to drive. :D :D

Anyway, awesome job, Mirza and team!! Even despite GM's logistics, communication, and bureaucratic BS, they can definitely put out some world class machines.

I just need to get a badge before Tall Steve and then I can lord it over the rest of the forum forever through various meme GIFs.
Not going to happen as I have already been in touch with the proper people! #special #chosenone #goatfather #first
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

Shouldn't Tall Steve just get the first badges by default? Then they will go on constraint...
This is correct!

Well for kicks I sent an email to my local Caddy parts department.
I await the - thank you kind sir, but we know not of which you speak.

I'll always take a free badge. Not sure if I'll stick it on the car though. Are there "official" placement details for those who do? Last thing we need are blackwings with various spacings of 1/2", 3/8", and 5/8".

I'll always take a free badge. Not sure if I'll stick it on the car though. Are there "official" placement details for those who do? Last thing we need are blackwings with various spacings of 1/2", 3/8", and 5/8".
Dealer install to maintain warranty.
They'll need it over night to ensure adhesion.

I'm debating ordering one and putting it on my fridge as a daily reminder I don't have a car yet.

My guess...someone up top thought they should put a Blackwing badge on the outside and they didn't want to make those of us who have a 22 model feel left out(or butthurt). That is why it's a small separate badge designed to be put underneath the V logo.

Most of us didn't buy the BW because it stands out, well maybe some of us subconsciously who like to stand out but don't want to look overly pretentious in the process of doing so. Most BW owners bought one because of it's attributes and not some badge...or brand. I feel a Blackwing badge is redundant. Like wearing a Pink Floyd t shirt to a Roger Waters or David Gilmour concert.

Another good analogy is the the Spaceballs Schwartz Ring... "Forget the ring. The ring is bupkis. I found it in a Cracker Jack box. The Schwartz is in you...."

That being said, yeah sure I'll still take a Blackwing badge but I won't be putting it on the vehicle😀

So, how does everyone with blacked out badges now feel about this? :) When someone makes a blacked out version of the Blackwing badge add-on, you won't even be able to read it. It will look like the name is redacted, LOL. Black with some red lettering might work, though.

Last edited:
So, how does everyone with blacked out badges now feel about this? :) When someone makes a blacked out version of the Blackwing badge add-on, you won't even be able to read it. It will look like the name is redacted, LOL. Black with some red lettering might work, though.
I was thinking the same thing. If the Blackwing lettering is depressed (engraved) into the plastic, then you could paint the piece black (or plasti-dip) and fill in the lettering with a crayon color of your choice.

I was thinking the same thing. If the Blackwing lettering is depressed (engraved) into the plastic, then you could paint the piece black (or plasti-dip) and fill in the lettering with a crayon color of your choice.
I think the new badges look great all blacked out just the way they are...
Screenshot_20220825-094814_Chrome.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners