Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 models get new blackwing badge on the trunk?

GM listens to the journalists a little too much. They're the ones who complained about a lack of badging. If we're me, you wouldn't be able to get anything but a body color spoiler for anything but the Blackwing and you'd only be able to buy them for certain vins the same way they're doing the CF package parts.

Last edited:
GM listens to the journalists a little too much. They're the ones who complained about a lack of badging. If we're me, you wouldn't be able to get anything but a body color spoiler for anything but the Blackwing and you'd only be able to buy them for certain vins the same way they're doing the CF package parts.
It's been debunked that CF parts can only be purchased with a CF VIN.

I'm not a big fan of badges, hopefully a pic becomes available soon.

Cadillac did have a lengthy Q&A with the V club and overall Cadillac owners in the suite in Jan at the Rolex and this was one of many topics. They did poll the crowd of enthusiasts and there was reasonable interest in having a distinguishing badge for BW owners so just wanted to point that out.

It may just be a shadow, but I'm wondering if there is a little badge under the V badge on the rear that just says blackwing, kind of like the one on the seats... so it may be pretty subtle.

The pic is too small to tell really and is low quality if you try to "enhance" it.

Attachments

• Blackwing-seat-badge.jpg
    Blackwing-seat-badge.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 222
  • ra-ct4-v-blackwing-track-editions-l.jpg
    ra-ct4-v-blackwing-track-editions-l.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 235
Cadillac did have a lengthy Q&A with the V club and overall Cadillac owners in the suite in Jan at the Rolex and this was one of many topics. They did poll the crowd of enthusiasts and there was reasonable interest in having a distinguishing badge for BW owners so just wanted to point that out.
We were there for that weren't we, lol

I stand corrected.

Are those the same folks who asked for stickers on the "track" editions?

This is on the GM company store, whatever the hell that site is, but has a lot of official BW merchandise. I have a feeling it will look like this. You can see the “Blackwing” border follows the V outline. The BW team did not want a badge, so I think it would probably be very subtle if they are forced to add one. This can’t be a coincidence this image shows up:

9E260917-7229-47CA-8FE5-3B4C47A0F21A.jpeg

Last edited:
This is on the GM company store, whatever the hell that site is, but has a lot of official BW merchandise. I have a feeling it will look like this. You can see the Blackwing wording border follows the V outline. The BW team did not want a badge, so I think it would probably be very subtle if they are forced to add one. This can’t be a coincidence this image shows up:

View attachment 11976
This checks out with what @Dubbed.theB shared

Nice, I was right... Too bad it's getting removed with all the other badges anyways.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back