Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

What's everyone putting down for a deposit when they submit their orders?
I have a Chevy SS 6M now and I want to get one of these in 6M as well but being in Alaska our dealers are.....less then. So thinking about ordering one down south and turning it into a road trip vacation with the new car whenever it comes in.
I actually didn’t put any deposit they just said ok send us your build and we will let you know when it gets picked up. I’d almost rather have put some money down so it felt more… legit?

Yeah I'm not opposed to putting a deposit down. Depending on how much it is. I heard from a buddy, that has a Chevy SS also, they wanted $10K deposit to even order the car. So I was curious if that was true or not.

Last edited:
Is a deposit really necessary in order for them to submit in workbench(1100) or is a deposit required by GM once allocation is accepted (2000 status)?

Is a deposit really necessary in order for them to submit in workbench(1100) or is a deposit required by GM once allocation is accepted (2000 status)?
I don't think a deposit is necessary at all. That being said, I had no problem putting a deposit down after they got the allocation that I used to put in my customized order.

I definitely don't mind putting a normal deposit, like $1000, down to hold my allocation. But if they are asking for more than $5K for a deposit when in reality they would have no problem whatsoever selling the car if I didn't buy it seems a bit excessive. I put $4k down to hold my Chevy SS when I found that thing, but I flew down and picked it up within the week.

So is it better to build one online and send it to a dealer or just call the dealer and have them build it since online isn't updated with the 2023 colors etc.

So is it better to build one online and send it to a dealer or just call the dealer and have them build it since online isn't updated with the 2023 colors etc.
I would call the dealer and submit a generic order just to get it in the system. Then, when the configurator comes online, build exactly what you want, send it to the dealer and have them update it. I even had my dealer send me a copy of the workbench order just to make sure they got it in there correctly.

The best is if you go meet them in person. —They get a lot of phone calls. Try to develop a business relationship with them. I guess I’m old school (and from an older generation) and believe in that sort of thing for larger business transactions.

Last edited:
I placed my order 15 months ago and didn’t leave a deposit. Maybe that’s why I still don’t have a car lol.
That's a long wait. My rep told me that mine would most likely get pushed back as a MY23 car. Considering that I also ordered carbon fiber 1, i have a strong feeling I may not see this thing land until the middle of next year I'd imagine. Hell, I may even forfeit CF1 if it means getting the car here any sooner.

I put my order in March 2021 ($2000 deposit) and is still at 1100. I've been in communication with the dealership over the last 14 months and my car hasn't been built due to CF1 constraint, so they say.

Nope, thats specific to dealerships. I have an order in place with $0 deposit.
Up to the dealer. Some wants you print it out and bring it to them, email them the build or build it right there with them.
Is the Carbon Fiber packages a big hang up right now with manufacturers??
Yep, no CF1 / 2 options. Even the seats would randomly go on constraint. Word on the street is they probably wont have any CF1/2 the rest of the year, 120th anniversary ones might be the exception...

I put my order in March 2021 ($2000 deposit) and is still at 1100. I've been in communication with the dealership over the last 14 months and my car hasn't been built due to CF1 constraint, so they say.
This would imply they've received allocation and offered it to you if you removed the Carbon Fiber. Generally dealers won't just immediately dismiss the order you've submitted them if they receive allocation just because one of the options you selected 14 months ago is on constraint. They will call you and say you can order the car but you can't order x and/or y. If you say no dice, they skip over you to the next in line and they repeat this process when the next allocation comes in.

If all they've told you is that "well your build 14 months ago has carbon fiber and we can't order that so your stuck at 1100", thats pretty bad, they should be giving you the ability to remove it and get your car built.

workbench open doesnt mean it works....
According to public info back in February, the first allocations for 2023 models were "supposed" to be DOSP Cycle of 5/26. Is that still accurate?
I have, from my dealer, a screen shot of a Workbench configuration - no Build Number - no Pricing. When "should" I expect to get pricing and a proper Workbench Order w/a Build number? I don't want to bother him if Workbench isn't working yet for 2023 BW models.

March 12th 2021 was the deadline for the reservation orders (Blackwing Launch lottery winners) and the wait list orders. Is that what you wanted to know?

1653091659062.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners