Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

What a great day!
IMG_2352.jpg

I've seen examples of the new Argent Silver Metallic in the Escalade-V commercials.

Has anyone found examples of the new Midnight Steel Metallic color?

So I don't check these forums as often as I need to, and I know thats on me but I am crazy busy. This question may have been asked but I figured I would just get straight to it so flame away if it was. Have they opened the ordering for the dealers to switch those in 1100 status to the 2023's and/or opened up just the builds in general. Any info will help because I kind of feel like some dealerships don't know their head from their aSs. I am just trying to keep on pace with the dates of builds opening for dealers to slide the not built (1100 code) 2022's in the new line to the 2023's and keep the dealer in check if they are being lazy. Thanks in advance!

To be honest I don't know what the fuss is about, if your in the system at 1100 and the dealer has not switched you to a 2023, that doesn't impact their ability to get an allocation. The point is you can sit at 1100 as a 2022 or a 2023, it doesn't matter, without an allocation you wouldn't get a car anyway.

Once they get an allocation and if your next in line, they will call you for an updated build and they will then resubmit it if they haven't yet as a 2023. GM doesn't look at the workbench to see what the dealer has in the system before granting allocations they would normally give, this happened pre-pandemic but not anymore.

Making sure dealers resubmit the orders shouldn't matter, some dealers won't put the order in the system until they get an allocation (it avoids having to transfer a bunch of people on a waitlist to the next model year and resubmit which wastes time for them).

My dealer only submits your order if your number one in line. Before this fiasco two years ago putting your build in the system was a good way to tell GM that a customer wants a car during a time when dealers would just stock regular inventory and so allocations were easy enough to give out if someone wanted one. GM would be filling stock orders and if a dealer said "Hey, we got a customer who wants car" they would give an allocation because they'd rather get a sale then have it sit on the lot. In these times, every car is pretty much a sold order so GM just hands allocations based on the usual metrics, regardless of if your in the system or not.

The issue is dealers who receive an allocation and attach it to a 2022 when GM isn't building 2022's anymore, it will sit for obvious reasons. This is what you want to avoid but this is easy enough to tell them when they call you with an allocation, because your status should go to 2000 very quickly, if it doesn't the dealer screwed up.

As for 2023's the DSOP was 3 weeks ago? All orders in the system should be moved to 2023's as GM isn't giving allocations for 2022's anymore. So just call your dealer and tell them to resubmit your order as a 2023.

TLDR version:
GM isn't giving allocations for 2022's anymore. So just call your dealer and tell them to resubmit your order as a 2023.

Dealer says they cant submit new orders, just trying to make sure I have a factual way at this point as I am walking in there on Saturday and having a talk. The sales manager said that to me last night. "Nothing has been switched over and the 10 in line are still in the 2022 line. No 2023's have been reordered or ordered." That is why I am asking, I just cant seem to get a straight answer.

Holy crap! I have a deposit on a GT4RS and the increase from 22 to 23 was less. Wow. Thanks for the link.
Are you "in" with a dealer for that car? I was wondering if I (a rando off the street) would have a chance at getting one, even with a long wait. Never had a Porsche, but considering a 911 GTS or GT4RS.

Are you "in" with a dealer for that car? I was wondering if I (a rando off the street) would have a chance at getting one, even with a long wait. Never had a Porsche, but considering a 911 GTS or GT4RS.
Minimally. I have never owned a porsche either but I have a personal connection to the sales manager. He was honest and said everyone else who has bought another car has dibs and that I'm mostly at the bottom of the priority list. I was ok with that. So decent chance I'll never see a car but at least I wasn't jerked around. Took my deposit.

I am looking for the Midnight Steel Metallic color too? Anything yet?
No, but if Shadow Metallic was your first choice in 2022 as it was mine, this should be the closest to that. I told my sales guy two weeks back to use that for my order and I didn’t care what it was like. - Honestly at this point I’ll take almost anything.

No, but if Shadow Metallic was your first choice in 2022 as it was mine, this should be the closest to that. I told my sales guy two weeks back to use that for my order and I didn’t care what it was like. - Honestly at this point I’ll take almost anything.
Yes, exactly my same situation and I told sales guy exact same thing! I am patient and what not but now looking at the price hike which I knew would happen but 7k? Really, might just piss me off to much to forget the whole bunch of BS!

Yes, exactly my same situation and I told sales guy exact same thing! I am patient and what not but now looking at the price hike which I knew would happen but 7k? Really, might just piss me off to much to forget the whole bunch of BS!
I’m going to keep my 2023 5BW order going. Realistically it will be 12 months before I see a 5BW being delivered. In the meantime I’m going to visit some dealers, BMW, Audi, Mercedes to see what they can do with delivery. Most likely won’t be any bettter. But, I should place an order for another car just in case the BW doesn’t materialize.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back