Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Blackwing Model Year is Not Sold Out

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
In a Cadillac communication to dealers last Thursday, Cadillac announced the following:

On Monday, March 29, 2021, we will begin the matching process to confirm submitted orders with the reservation list and fill unallocated spots with customers from the waitlist based on the timestamp their waitlist request was submitted.

Additionally, please note that while the initial Reservation Program sold out quickly and we closed the waitlist to ensure the best possible opportunity for interested customers to order and receive a 22MY V-Series Blackwing, the 22MY is not yet sold out. We suggest that you inform customers of the extremely limited availability and encourage them to sign-up to receive updates on Cadillac.com.

This is a very good sign production wise I would imagine. I hope Cadillac is able to market this car well so more people can enjoy it.

Rob, do you think we will move to a different build code soon?
Good question. I'm not sure. I wouldn't expect them to without allocation being given to dealers but I don't know how Cadillac is working the reservation system. I'll be checking them on a weekly basis now

In a Cadillac communication to dealers last Thursday, Cadillac announced the following:
Thanks for the info, Rob! My questions is, I put my name on the "waitlist" on cadillac.com the same night the first 250 sold out. I never received a confirmation and nobody ever contacted me. I just wonder if there really is a waitlist. I don't expect anyone to know the answer to this at this point, just thinking out loud.

I eventually wound up contacting my local dealer (another story) on my own and finally had an order entered into the workbench last week. We'll see if it gets picked up! I suspect it will, my theory is GM is going to base production on how many orders they receive but that's pure speculation on my part. May as well start some BS of my own lol.

Speaking of BS, I know a few here were interested in spec'ing the emerald matte green paint. When I had my order entered last week, my salesman told me that the emerald paint was ONLY available for the first 250 units. He said something about the paint having a short shelf life. I didn't have the energy to debate it with him so I was just like "oh wow, that's interesting."

For the record, my spec is Infrared with the sky cool gray/black performance seats, red seatbelts, CF1 & CF2 and a manual. Good luck everyone!

Paint having a short shelf life? I'm no expert, but I didn't realize paint had a shelf life like milk? Now, I could see if it wasn't immediately available because of the components that go into it die to pandemic related supply chain breakdowns

Thanks for the info, Rob! My questions is, I put my name on the "waitlist" on cadillac.com the same night the first 250 sold out. I never received a confirmation and nobody ever contacted me. I just wonder if there really is a waitlist. I don't expect anyone to know the answer to this at this point, just thinking out loud.

I eventually wound up contacting my local dealer (another story) on my own and finally had an order entered into the workbench last week. We'll see if it gets picked up! I suspect it will, my theory is GM is going to base production on how many orders they receive but that's pure speculation on my part. May as well start some BS of my own lol.

Speaking of BS, I know a few here were interested in spec'ing the emerald matte green paint. When I had my order entered last week, my salesman told me that the emerald paint was ONLY available for the first 250 units. He said something about the paint having a short shelf life. I didn't have the energy to debate it with him so I was just like "oh wow, that's interesting."

For the record, my spec is Infrared with the sky cool gray/black performance seats, red seatbelts, CF1 & CF2 and a manual. Good luck everyone!
hey bud, just FYI I'm basically in the exact same boat you are. I joined the waitlist on the first night and submitted an order through my local dealer..so we are the "odd ones out" here not having a "reserved" car. fingers crossed for us both!

Our BW's are going to be twins, lol

Our BW's are going to be twins, lol
I noticed that when I saw your spec! I also went with the standard wheels and blue calipers. I had a Velocity Red CT4 for a loaner and it had the blue ones and I thought it looked good.

I had 3 dealers fumble on ordering a 4BW so I ordered a new M3, and now we receive this information? This is absurd.

2/3 dealers just never got back to me when I told them I wanted to order a 4BW and the third said it could be 12-18 months before I received it. I might have ordered the 4BW but this is so poorly rolled out by Cadillac, especially since they were supposed to release the car last year but didnt due to COVID. They have no excuse for this sporadic and unplanned rollout we are seeing, they had like 18 months to roll this out smoothly.

I had 3 dealers fumble on ordering a 4BW so I ordered a new M3, and now we receive this information? This is absurd.

2/3 dealers just never got back to me when I told them I wanted to order a 4BW and the third said it could be 12-18 months before I received it. I might have ordered the 4BW but this is so poorly rolled out by Cadillac, especially since they were supposed to release the car last year but didnt due to COVID. They have no excuse for this sporadic and unplanned rollout we are seeing, they had like 18 months to roll this out smoothly.
And we're only able to hear about it thanks to everything that @Rob has been doing for us (edit: NVM I just saw that @arod221 got a notifying email as well, so they are telling customers). I know it's still early after the actual announcement of the car, but it's been frustrating enough even with a 250 reservation, I don't know why they're making it so difficult for people to buy this car. I really want these cars to do well for the sake of the team who clearly put a ton of work into them.

Last edited:
And we're only able to hear about it thanks to everything that @Rob has been doing for us (edit: NVM I just saw that @arod221 got a notifying email as well, so they are telling customers). I know it's still early after the actual announcement of the car, but it's been frustrating enough even with a 250 reservation, I don't know why they're making it so difficult for people to buy this car. I really want these cars to do well for the sake of the team who clearly put a ton of work into them.
just for clarification purposes, I only got and advertisement email that was addressed to "dear waitlist customer" thats how I verified that I was on the actual waitlist. I honestly couldn't remember if I had joined to official waitlist or not.

I went back and checked on 2/1 and I actually did receive an email when I signed up, FWIW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back