Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2.65 liter supercharger on EscaladeV

LS6-M22

Seasoned Member
Do any of you think that there could be a possibility of the larger supercharger with more horsepower be used on the last year CT5 Blackwing?

Almost a liter more of displacement and only 14 more horsepower? I mean it would make more sense to get the blower ported... maybe even an intake can overcome that number...

Someone already did a ported blower on the BW and said it added about 50hp.

Torque actually went down slightly. I don't know much about superchargers, but maybe they decreased compression or something? No idea. Of course these are peak numbers only - does the Escalade-V version rev as high? Maybe it focuses power lower in the curve.

The Esky V blower ins't the one on the LT5 right?

Not sure why they didn't just use that package.

That would have gone a long way to justify $150k.

They swapped the blower but kept boost at around 10psi rather then the 14 that the LT5 had on the ZR1.

I think Cadillac basically just said "Hey the taller blower will fit so why don't we just do that" and didn't bother tuning it so that it could handle the extra boost or fuel requirements. Remember the ZR1 also had port injection and the LT5 is supposed to be dead so just swapping the blower to make an LT4.5 was easier and more cost effective.

I'm sure you could easily take the Escalade V and start screwing around with it aftermarket to take advantage of that extra Liter to make a lot more power but that's something Cadillac didn't feel like doing cost wise.

They swapped the blower but kept boost at around 10psi rather then the 14 that the LT5 had on the ZR1.

I think Cadillac basically just said "Hey the taller blower will fit so why don't we just do that" and didn't bother tuning it so that it could handle the extra boost or fuel requirements. Remember the ZR1 also had port injection and the LT5 is supposed to be dead so just swapping the blower to make an LT4.5 was easier and more cost effective.

I'm sure you could easily take the Escalade V and start screwing around with it aftermarket to take advantage of that extra Liter to make a lot more power but that's something Cadillac didn't feel like doing cost wise.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm still struggling with the Esky's price point and searching for ways to rationalize it, so far unsuccessfully.

The fanciness is nice but if I'm paying that price I'm more interested in the dynamics ... there's a big part of me that's considering buying a Tahoe RST, doing this myself, and smoking the V for around $100k.

But I'm a lazy lazy man ... so I'll probably eat it and get the V. :(

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm still struggling with the Esky's price point and searching for ways to rationalize it, so far unsuccessfully.

The fanciness is nice but if I'm paying that price I'm more interested in the dynamics ... there's a big part of me that's considering buying a Tahoe RST, doing this myself, and smoking the V for around $100k.

But I'm a lazy lazy man ... so I'll probably eat it and get the V. :(
Sell me your Durango cheap

I'm sure it was blower to hood clearance. And I'm even more sure, knowing GM, they had a batch of LT5 S/C's in stock or comitted to order and they fit under the Escalade's stock hood. Similar thing happened at the end of the C7 production. All of a sudden, new Camaros started showing up with LT1/4 engine plaques. Turns out it was because there were a bunch made and sitting waiting for chassis when the C7 line shut down.

Camaro guys were hoping for a final year with the LT5 as an option, but it was quickly pointed out it would require a different hood. I'm sure the same is true on the BW5.

Thats escalase is super undertuned

That’s why it won’t get 4 mpg

I’d be more interested in a TT hybrid 6

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!