Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How to get more WHINE!!

Anyone tried this? Does it actually work?
I just did a DSX SC Lid and the different is WILD.

I also removed the foam piece that's behind the SC and even under normal throttle, you can hear it whine from inside with all windows closed.

Porting the blower made mine whine like crazy in combination with a LMP lid. But honestly think the DSX lid is louder. The intake I put on it really made it scream.

Man I'm super curious now. I just can't see that little plate offering up too much sound deadening? I guess it sits right above the open area so maybe.

Anyone tried this? Does it actually work?
I did. You hear more a little more blower but not anything that’s gonna blow you away. You start to hear it around 4800 RPM and through redline.

Come on, JLT - bring out that intake that doesn't require a re-tune and gives us some whine!

Come on, JLT - bring out that intake that doesn't require a re-tune and gives us some whine!
I’m starting to lose faith, still says it’s in the engineering phase on their website (phase 1 of 4). Keep checking for a pre order to open up. Feeling like the kooks cat back that never materialized 😂

I just did a DSX SC Lid and the different is WILD.

I also removed the foam piece that's behind the SC and even under normal throttle, you can hear it whine from inside with all windows closed.
I was curious about that huge foam piece. Seems like the fast and free route to more SC noise.

Huge might be overstating it a bit, but its a foam piece that sits at the back of the SC right against the SC gear box (which is where I think the "whine" is coming from). I'm honestly not sure it can be removed with the SC on or not, I just noticed it while the SC was off.

foam.jpg

You can pull it out with the supercharger installed. Just pulled mine out earlier pretty quickly. Also noticed another foam insulator below that one. Need to get a mirror back there to see what’s holding it in place.

You can pull it out with the supercharger installed. Just pulled mine out earlier pretty quickly. Also noticed another foam insulator below that one. Need to get a mirror back there to see what’s holding it in place.
How much of a difference does it make?

You guys are making me want to get under the hood and start ripping stuff out. I'd love to hear more whine. haha

I think that second one in the valley is to reduce DI clatter.

Pulled out the foam behind the SC. Took about 3 mins no tools or anything, just pops off with 2 dick looking things that hold it on. I barely noticed any difference. Maybe the tiniest bit.

Pulled out the foam behind the SC. Took about 3 mins no tools or anything, just pops off with 2 dick looking things that hold it on. I barely noticed any difference. Maybe the tiniest bit.
Same. Really don't notice any difference. Maybe with an aftermarket blower or new lid it would have an impact.

Porting the blower made mine whine like crazy in combination with a LMP lid. But honestly think the DSX lid is louder. The intake I put on it really made it scream.
Which intake?

Did the stock fuel line standoffs work with the DSX lid? I’m looking at lids now but haven’t seen an aftermarket replacement stand-off for the other lids.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back