Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Radar cruise on manual CT4?

gusandcars

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing (on order)
Has anyone tried to get radar cruise control working on the manual CT4 or CT5 blackwings? I find it highly annoying that all of the hardware is present but GM didn’t go the one last step to make this work.

Presumably this requires some actual engineering to make work and isn’t just reprogramming a module or two to enable it? I have zero clue what is involved with digging through the control modules on a Cadillac and playing with settings, but I’ve seen plenty of BMW and Porsche coding over the years and sometimes it is just a matter of turning a few things on.

The hardware isn’t present on the 5; the front badge doesn’t have the emitter/antenna.

Hardware isn't present + what happens if traffic slows down enough to where you're bogging the engine in 6th gear and it requires a downshift to prevent damage. You'd be surprised at how many idiots are out there.

Hardware isn't present + what happens if traffic slows down enough to where you're bogging the engine in 6th gear and it requires a downshift to prevent damage. You'd be surprised at how many idiots are out there.
My Type R was a 6 speed and had radar cruise, agree on idiots but people that buy that car are usually enthusiasts for the most part that pay attention to these things. But i understand what you and general motors mean.

Hmmm, I guess I just assumed that the hardware was there based on the forward collision warning alerts. And yes, there would be some fringe use cases that would not be great, even lugging the car in 6th at 30-40 mph seems accidentally possible for a driver that’s paying attention and not great for the motor. But there are also a fair number of times it would be a “nice to have.” I guess I’ll just tell myself that it’s weight saving by not having the sensors haha.

Last edited:
Just like @A Blackwing I had it on my CTR and it was great for road trips.

I was disappointed that GM didn't include it but not a deal breaker.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back