Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing advice...

roadking40

New to the forum... been searching around for a slot to get a Blackwing 5 and found one, although at a premium of $7500. The car is pretty lean from an option standpoint - 6 speed, Emerald Frost, standard black interior, parking pack, bronze wheels and carbon 1. Car is at 3800 currently. Any thoughts, advice? Looks like if I order, I am out 6+ months, plus a likely market adjustment. Appreciate the advice.

$7,500 isn't bad. Locally a Denali is $10,000 and Escalade is $15,000. I'd pay $7,500 for a BW over an SUV.

I'd say 6 months is optimistic depending on a lot of factors. Is $7500 worth it to cut the wait time for a car you don't love the options on? That's up to you.
There's also going to be an extremely small number of the emerald frost. This seems pretty obvious to me.

I'd say they built that batch of Dark Emerald Frost. Many dealers have them posted on their websites. I'm sure they aren't delivered yet. Probably in the railyard rodeo.

Is it a 4 or a 5? That would make a difference in how much I’d (theoretically) be willing to pay over MSRP.

It's a 5. Put money down yesterday. Excited. Other than the upgraded seats and carbon 2, the car is very close to what I would have spec'd. Hate spending ADM, but wanted the color. Should be fun... Thanks for the opinions btw.

New to the forum... been searching around for a slot to get a Blackwing 5 and found one, although at a premium of $7500. The car is pretty lean from an option standpoint - 6 speed, Emerald Frost, standard black interior, parking pack, bronze wheels and carbon 1. Car is at 3800 currently. Any thoughts, advice? Looks like if I order, I am out 6+ months, plus a likely market adjustment. Appreciate the advice.
I got hit for 10K for my 5. But afterwards, I wanted a 4 also and I had them throw in 10 year 100k extended warranty on the 5 and MSRP on the 4 along with the same extended warranty. That'll be all the business I'm doing with them.

Last edited:
It's a 5. Put money down yesterday. Excited. Other than the upgraded seats and carbon 2, the car is very close to what I would have spec'd. Hate spending ADM, but wanted the color. Should be fun... Thanks for the opinions btw.
Keep in mind the new order may miss parts, like heated steering wheels and who knows what else. Also, my local dealer is $15,000 over sticker on new orders right now.

If its at 3800 you shouldnt have a problem on the constraints, and it probably will be 2 mos or less to get it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back