Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Rear speaker shelf rattles like crazy with bass

CT5-V Model

5VBW Nick

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
When I play songs that have any substantial amount of bass, the rear shelf rattles unbelievably. I've never had a vehicle rattle this much, is this a common thing with everyone else's car or does mine have something loose? It all looks fine, but it makes so much noise you can barely hear the bass on some songs.

Maybe it just needs some good noise dampening material installed on it?

Mine's been like that for 9mo. Last time I took it in for service they said they had fixed it but they hadn't.

It could be a stray fastener that eluded a factory worker on the assembly line that found a new home somewhere. I have found them before on previous new cars I have bought. ;) Might have to pump up the bass and go hunting.

I have the same issue. I tested to see where it's coming from and it seems it's the speaker cover on the rear deck. When I put my hand on it, it stops completely. So I've debating on taking it out and seeing if I can put/lodge something in there to stop it.

I just have to wonder how the sound engineers let the cars leave the factory like this, my Ford truck has a decent stereo and has no rattles when I crank the bass up

I just have to wonder how the sound engineers let the cars leave the factory like this, my Ford truck has a decent stereo and has no rattles when I crank the bass up
Lookup on the forum the paint and body panel alignment problems on these cars and you'll understand. IDK there are any sound engineers testing the stereo on the production line. If this is your only problem you got a good car.

Lookup on the forum the paint and body panel alignment problems on these cars and you'll understand. IDK there are any sound engineers testing the stereo on the production line. If this is your only problem you got a good car.
I don't mean on the production line, I just mean the guys that are doing the design for the speakers and the materials that keep them from rattling. If they designed it correctly it would translate into production, perhaps the bean counters eliminated some crucial piece that allows it to happen.

I don't mean on the production line, I just mean the guys that are doing the design for the speakers and the materials that keep them from rattling. If they designed it correctly it would translate into production, perhaps the bean counters eliminated some crucial piece that allows it to happen.
Mine doesn't rattle, but my driver side mirror causes buzzing in the door panel about 65mph.

At least they could have put some 8” woofers in rear deck if they’re gonna brand a premium system…6x9 speakers ain’t gonna cut it. I had a factory Dynaudio system in a Volvo from 1998 with 8” woofers in the rear deck and Cadillac still using 6x9 speakers

Take a Sawzall put a nice bimetal blade on her and open the holes up. Then grab a handful 1" self tapping sheet metal screws and snug down your Jensen 8 inchers>?

Jensen Tri-Axials were the tits back in 1983. With a Pioneer cassette deck!
So true, I had that setup in my 72 Camaro along with a cheesy power amp under the dash. That was even before 1983 if I recall. And the rear deck didn’t rattle either!

Last edited:
Mine doesn't rattle, but my driver side mirror causes buzzing in the door panel about 65mph.
^^^ This! I have it as well. So, I just turn up the radio to drown that out & then I get the rear speaker/shelf rattles! 🤬 I can't win!

I sort of chuckle when millennials review the BW and bitch about the smallish center screen. They would die if they had to drive a car with only a Pioneer 3 am/fm cassette deck. Cars are for driving, not computing. Plus they really can’t read paper maps…..and I’m not joking. They pick up a map with a puzzled look and spin it around and around, totally confused as how to use one.

I don’t hear any rattles with the stereo as I’m too busy listening to that nice V8 soundtrack and exhaust ! Probably why I’m averaging 140 miles per tank haha

I don’t hear any rattles with the stereo as I’m too busy listening to that nice V8 soundtrack and exhaust ! Probably why I’m averaging 140 miles per tank haha
With your forum name I expected to see a certain logo on the side of your Rift colored car. :)

Attachments

• 51dy-12YvKL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    51dy-12YvKL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 11

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace