Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

I do not think it will be a fad.
I don't think so either. I think once semi-solid state and solid state batteries are mass produced everything will fall in line for EVs to start replacing ICE. Having said that, I also think that if I were a petroleum manufacturer I would be throwing everything I've got into carbon-neutral synthetic e-fuels for ICE. If carbon neutral fuels become available for the same price as fossil fuel then I can see ICE and EVs coexisting well into the future. Or so I hope. I want to keep my Abarth and BW on the road for a long time.

yup 2 here also, one manual one auto both 17 still have both.
Going to drop this here for old times' sake. I always wanted one but only had enough money for a Toyota minivan and diapers at the time. :)

Last edited:
Seems so inexpensive now.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 9.28.37 AM.png

I took my 23 yr old son with me to SM and we had a blast on track together..... No one made a big deal about him being "young".....

I invited my dad but because I was the one who bought the car, he didn't want to pay for the experience to drive so he turned me down haha. Guess I need to be like you and buy myself 2 blackwings so he could drive

I invited my dad but because I was the one who bought the car, he didn't want to pay for the experience to drive so he turned me down haha. Guess I need to be like you and buy myself 2 blackwings so he could drive
I had to pay for my son to attend the V-Academy, and his plane ticket, hotel, food, rent car, and even a little gambling money..... LOL but it was worth it because we had an awesome time there and in Vegas...

On my second trip back he ask if he could attend again but this time my wife went with me so I made him dog sit at my house....

Or just pay for your Dad to attend? Would be cheaper than 2 Blackwings. :D

I'm 35. Never considered Cadillac until the new Blackswings. I'd usually gravitate to the Germans, and have for my last two cars, but the CT5 Blackwing is too good to pass up no matter who makes it. So it'll be my first American car whenever it arrives.

It's funny, whenever I tell any non-car person I sold an AMG to buy a Cadillac they all give me a very befuddled look and ask me if I'm crazy. I would hope if someone's really a car enthusiast they wouldn't let a brand hold them back, but based on normal people I know my age Cadillac is a bit of a non-starter for them.
I am in the process of selling a 911 c4s manual to get a 4bw and several of my friends have expressed genuine concern for my well-being. I’m 37 with a toddler and a tall gf. Need more space. Won’t give up my manual.

I drove every car in this class, including automatics like the Giulia qv, the rs3, the rs5, last gen m4 cs, last gen m3 comp, current m3/m4 manual, m2 comp manual.

The blackwing is the best car. It just is what it is.

I debated buying something else because I was worried such an “unexpected” car choice would freak out clients and biz partners, but I refuse to live my life to meet other people’s expectations.

So here I come Cadillac!

First American car I’ve ever driven other than corvette and friend’s mustang gt pp2.

I’ve had two manual audi s4s, stelvio qv w Ferrari engine (which admittedly sounds much better than the stock bw), the 911.

Family has had all manner of amg.

These blackwings are flat out fantastic driver’s cars. In my opinion, they compare favorably to any of the above. The 911 is a bit of an outlier, but the bw steering feel is better and I feel the brakes are close.

I must be one of the strange ones... I bought my first Cadillac CTS-V in 2009 at 25 after owning about 30 cars prior including 5 F-bodies, several Notch Back 5.0s, lifted trucks/broncos, few Civics, and even an s2000 (lasted less than a month).

First ride in a V2 and I was hooked. Sold it when I moved to Oregon b/c I didn't think it'd be a realistic daily with the winters they get in the mountains where we lived, so bought a lifted diesel and ran that for a few years, but missed the V2 so went and found another one and ran it as a summer daily. Kept that for a year or so then sold it and got the C8, kept that a year then sold and got the Blackwing. I've always loved the LS platform and having the ability to run it in a car that's actually comfortable and can haul kids around makes it the perfect car for me. Never did get a chance to own a G8 or SS which might have been a similar option for cheaper, but no need to now.

I debated buying something else because I was worried such an “unexpected” car choice would freak out clients and biz partners
I'm the exact opposite. I'm self employed and I had a C63S Coupe with matte black paint and never drove it to a client for fear they'd realize they're paying me too much 😂

I'm actually excited to have a bit more of an unassuming car that I can drive to work when the client has a nice large parking lot with enough space to park safely.

Or just pay for your Dad to attend? Would be cheaper than 2 Blackwings. :D
I actually tried to ask them but they said because of the backlog of so many people waiting for their days there's pretty much no way I'd get a date that he could drive too.

I actually tried to ask them but they said because of the backlog of so many people waiting for their days there's pretty much no way I'd get a date that he could drive too.
Guess you're gonna need to get that 2nd BW

I'm the exact opposite. I'm self employed and I had a C63S Coupe with matte black paint and never drove it to a client for fear they'd realize they're paying me too much 😂

I'm actually excited to have a bit more of an unassuming car that I can drive to work when the client has a nice large parking lot with enough space to park safely.
I hear you. It can go both ways, for sure.

I work for a well known wall st shop and can’t personally control my clients’ pricing. Some of them are billionaires. Some are not.

I think the 911 was validating to the billionaire clients that they were in good hands. I think my retired lawyer/doctor clients wondered why my car was fancier than theirs.

At the end of the day, the car is for me. Everything else can be for my son & future wife, my clients can torture me 24/7, but the damn car is for me.

I am so excited to own an American car.

I just picked up a new 23 CT4-V BW last night and got 6k off. Four from a Cadillac rebate and another two off from the dealer. Nice to see some deals are starting to come back in certain markets, unfortunately as everyone is aware, interest rates suck. That won’t be changing for awhile.

I just picked up a new 23 CT4-V BW last night and got 6k off. Four from a Cadillac rebate and another two off from the dealer. Nice to see some deals are starting to come back in certain markets, unfortunately as everyone is aware, interest rates suck. That won’t be changing for awhile.
Our economist expects the first rate cut by end of 2q24.

That being said, it’s been quite the lesson in humility for economists the last few years…

Congrats, that is good to hear. On the flip side MSRP has increased and the trade-ins have probably dropped in value proportionally.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back