Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How is the paint on recent 2023 deliveries?

Commonman

Seasoned Member
Recently a number of BW's that have been sitting in DTW for 4-6 months have been delivered to new owners. In general have you been happy with the quality and condition of the car and paint? How many of you expect to do significant paint correction just to get the car to acceptable new car delivery standards?

My 5BW was built in September, delivered end of December. Paint correction and ceramic was done but I was planning that anyways. Being white it might not be as big of an issue as a darker color, and there were a couple of stains and scratches that came out easily and two very tiny dings on the driver's door. Other than that, I can't really complain about delivery condition. I'm really happy with everything so far and I think my car was as close to any delivery condition that I've had with my other 22 cars.

My 5BW was built in September, delivered end of December. Paint correction and ceramic was done but I was planning that anyways. Being white it might not be as big of an issue as a darker color, and there were a couple of stains and scratches that came out easily and two very tiny dings on the driver's door. Other than that, I can't really complain about delivery condition. I'm really happy with everything so far and I think my car was as close to any delivery condition that I've had with my other 22 cars.
Thanks, that's good to hear.

Mine is a '22, delivered in November, but I think relevant as it sat in the lot 4+ months. No issues. I was thrilled when it arrived. I had a '22 CT4-V BW delivered last May in Shadow, and it was definitely average at best. Not with any damage from sitting, but had a less than solid paint job. Several areas I was displeased with. I knew I was selling it so I did not care. But regarding my current 5, no bird poop issues or anything else. Very happy with the fit and finish.

Recently a number of BW's that have been sitting in DTW for 4-6 months have been delivered to new owners. In general have you been happy with the quality and condition of the car and paint? How many of you expect to do significant paint correction just to get the car to acceptable new car delivery standards?
We have Summit White, so one of the easier colors, but she did sit in the lot of doom for 6 months - February through July. The car was delivered with perfect paint and when I inquired, I believe (can't remember if I heard this here or from my sales person) that they were given an allowance from GM to have her professionally detailed?

My Argent Silver car was built mid September and delivered on Monday. I don't have it in my possession yet but in my preliminary inspection I don't have any issues with paint quality, panel fit or damage. I should have requested that they let me wash it though. That's always where I find any imperfections if there are any.

My 5bw was built in September, delivered 3 weeks later in October. Fantastic paint quality. I purchased 2 ct5's and a 2500 duramax last year. All had fantastic paint finish. But all of them shipped very quick and didn't appear to wait in any specific location very long.
You hit the lottery when it comes too quick deliveries. Don't ever give up that dealer.

My Argent Silver car was built mid September and delivered on Monday. I don't have it in my possession yet but in my preliminary inspection I don't have any issues with paint quality, panel fit or damage. I should have requested that they let me wash it though. That's always where I find any imperfections if there are any.
Good to hear. I've been following your progress since we have the same color and build period. Seems like the Argent paint process was running well when they made our cars. Should get mine off the train in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. How do you like Argent compared to Satin Metallic?

Good to hear. I've been following your progress since we have the same color and build period. Seems like the Argent paint process was running well when they made our cars. Should get mine off the train in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. How do you like Argent compared to Satin Metallic?
My fingers are crossed for you as well! I absolutely love the color! It looks amazing with the wheels and black trim.

I would recommend checking the inside of the wheels for scrapes and damage before taking delivery. All 4 of mine were damaged, most likely by the car carrier, and had to be fixed.

Attachments

• 20230127_145403.jpg
    20230127_145403.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
My 23 4BW was built Oct and delivered Dec, paint was perfect except two small spots on the hood (where the hood meets the front left fender)

I had mine flatbed towed to a detailer with the shipping plastic still on the car. They washed and dried under detailer lights. We found 6 small specs of trash in the clear and 3 clusters of runny clear about 6 inches long each. We expect all will come out with relative ease. 95% of people would never see these, even if you pointed at them. And 0% were worth caring about (but we’ll fix ‘‘em anyway)

Attachments

• 45582B3F-F46B-45E3-BD01-6390C694CCAB.jpeg
    45582B3F-F46B-45E3-BD01-6390C694CCAB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
  • 4089B525-335F-431A-86EB-1B3D30BD8B0A.jpeg
    4089B525-335F-431A-86EB-1B3D30BD8B0A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • D4BB73F6-F618-4F1A-98F7-9D4155C7EED2.jpeg
    D4BB73F6-F618-4F1A-98F7-9D4155C7EED2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
  • C2AE96C5-EB06-44F9-BAD6-2B27199C3C80.jpeg
    C2AE96C5-EB06-44F9-BAD6-2B27199C3C80.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 73
Bummer. I thought that was the reason for the 4 month delay. I envisioned GM worker bees mulling around the lots slapping those baby's on. Have you ordered yours from customer care? (assuming you want one.)
I haven't yet but I will be. A little story about badging and public perception. While I was there inspecting the car at the dealership an employee pulled it inside to perform maintenance of some kind. As I was chatting with him he made it clear that he was of the impression that it wasn't a "Blackwing" as it didn't have the badge on the trunk. Hmmm?

I haven't yet but I will be. A little story about badging and public perception. While I was there inspecting the car at the dealership an employee pulled it inside to perform maintenance of some kind. As I was chatting with him he made it clear that he was of the impression that it wasn't a "Blackwing" as it didn't have the badge on the trunk. Hmmm?
Maybe he should look under the hood.

Maybe he should look under the hood.
Sadly he stated that it had a twin turbo 3.6 but Blackwings come with a 4.2
These are the people that are working on our cars! Scary thought!!

Mine was built in August, delivered in November, been around the car a half dozen times and haven't seen anything. Detailer that did the PPF said they haven't seen a GM car in this good of condition.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back