Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone get their Blackwing badge yet? And are you putting it on?

Alcohol removes it. It's honestly kinda sad how easily alcohol will remove even professional only ceramic coatings. If you are still worried you can hit it with a light rubbing compound and it will be all gone.
Damn, if that’s the case, I’ve been spot cleaning with 99% Isopropyl. 🤦🏻‍♂️

It sounds like he should have removed the ceramic layer (compound vs chemical methods) but didn't for some reason.

Just because it's bonded doesn't mean it can't be chemically unbonded. The nature of ceramic bonding to clear makes it very suspectible to alkaline and compounding will definitely get rid of it.

The PPF shop I use routinely places badges back over PPFed and ceramic coated cars, combo wraps with built in PPF like Xpel, Fusion, STEK and Dynoshield hydrophobic without any issues.
It sounds pretty difficult to compound cut the exact shape of the V logo. His other options were to cut out the PPF in the shape of the V which is more feasible. I elected not to do that and try bending the V.

Now @Tall Steve won't talk to you anymore you plebe 🤣
oj punctuel looks away GIF by Efteling

It sounds pretty difficult to compound cut the exact shape of the V logo. His other options were to cut out the PPF in the shape of the V which is more feasible. I elected not to do that and try bending the V

I’m not too sure about what you mean about bending the V because the rear V badge is not straight like the fender ones. It already has a contour to it to get it to perfectly match the trunk.

See it compared to a straight edge of my phone?
057AAB49-2C8E-4F2A-8ADA-45C0DCEA547C.jpeg

I wonder if he swapped out the rear one for one of the fender ones thinking they were all the same. I’d check if any of your fender badges have a contour to them against a straight edge.

I’m not too sure about what you mean about bending the V because the rear V badge is not straight like the fender ones. It already has a contour to it to get it to perfectly match the trunk.

See it compared to a straight edge of my phone?
View attachment 15862

I wonder if he swapped out the rear one for one of the fender ones thinking they were all the same. I’d check if any of your fender badges have a contour to them against a straight edge.
That's possible. Either way it worked.

Oh no!!
Now you've got one one side with a larger sized badge than the other! It's going to throw off the weight distribution and ruin your handling!!!!!

/sarcasm ;)
🤣. Well I think the badges are the same size. At least I hope. That could explain why the car pulls to the left.

Whoo hoo 😃Just dropped off to me. I got no notification,...... I'm over it. Now what to do with it.😂

Attachments

• PXL_20230111_181927089.jpg
    PXL_20230111_181927089.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
Just remember, the 3M tape wants at least 60°F temps to really adhere. I might see those by late April. :oops:

@Tall Steve, same here in Houston area... temp swings are crazy right now and the wind today ridiculous!

Anyone not installing and want to part with their Blackwing badge, I'll take it!

Any fellow Canadian BW owners get one of these?
If any of you know, who do you contact?

Did you guys get an email confirming that you called? I called several months ago after I got the email from Cadillac, but didn't get anything confirmation.

Did you guys get an email confirming that you called? I called several months ago after I got the email from Cadillac, but didn't get anything confirmation.
I didn't get an email on my initial call but a later call confirmed I was on the list.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back