Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone get their Blackwing badge yet? And are you putting it on?

I'm going to make a pimping ring out of my V badge..
s-l400.jpg

I got a shipping notification yesterday too. Didn't think much of it. After going back and reviewing, its a Cadillac hoodie I purchased a couple months ago from a link here.

I wonder how the installation will go over PPF!

No FEDEX. Nothing, where are my parking sensors? Anyone else out there score those yet on the waitlist?

PXL_20230110_202414353.jpg
PXL_20230110_202717833.jpg

Total surprise to get the V badge too.

The BlackWing badge ruins the symmetry of the rear. I think it's going near the glovebox right side edge, right above it. The extra V will go on a TapOut carbon intake or Carbon engine cover.

Did you get both of your badges?
Both? I got what's pictured. If you're thinking of my wife's car, that's the FauxWing lol. It's just a Sport.

I wonder how the installation will go over PPF!
My PPF guy had issues adhering the V badge on the trunk because of the ceramic coating in the Xpel Fusion. It took 2 tries and had to arch the badge but it's on now.

Do you have to actually order it, or will it magically appear, since they know where I live, and that I bought the car?
You have to call and request it. If you didn't receive an email about it, the info is further up this thread.

My PPF guy had issues adhering the V badge on the trunk because of the ceramic coating in the Xpel Fusion. It took 2 tries and had to arch the badge but it's on now.
Yes, I should have mentioned ceramic over PPF. I’m genuinely concerned about the adhesion.

Yes, I should have mentioned ceramic over PPF. I’m genuinely concerned about the adhesion.
Alcohol removes it. It's honestly kinda sad how easily alcohol will remove even professional only ceramic coatings. If you are still worried you can hit it with a light rubbing compound and it will be all gone.

Alcohol removes it. It's honestly kinda sad how easily alcohol will remove even professional only ceramic coatings. If you are still worried you can hit it with a light rubbing compound and it will be all gone.
A true Ceramic coating doesn't sit on top of the clear coat, it chemically bonds. Wax and other sealants sit on top. Maybe some ceramic coatings over PPF but Xpel Fusion is ceramic coating embedded in the PPF. Believe me, the badge would not stick. It popped off on the edges, and new badge adhesive was applied. In the end, he heated the back of the badge arching it and then adding new adhesive and it fit the curvature of the trunk lid. The fender badges fit fine because they were flat.

That being said, I think a lot of people don't apply ceramic properly, it's all in the prep work. I do think some of the cheap stuff may come off with ISP.

A true Ceramic coating doesn't sit on top of the clear coat, it chemically bonds. Wax and other sealants sit on top. Maybe some ceramic coatings over PPF but Xpel Fusion is ceramic coating embedded in the PPF. Believe me, the badge would not stick. It popped off on the edges, and new badge adhesive was applied. In the end, he heated the back of the badge arching it and then adding new adhesive and it fit the curvature of the trunk lid. The fender badges fit fine because they were flat.

That being said, I think a lot of people don't apply ceramic properly, it's all in the prep work. I do think some of the cheap stuff may come off with ISP.

It sounds like he should have removed the ceramic layer (compound vs chemical methods) but didn't for some reason.

Just because it's bonded doesn't mean it can't be chemically unbonded. The nature of ceramic bonding to clear makes it very suspectible to alkaline and compounding will definitely get rid of it.

The PPF shop I use routinely places badges back over PPFed and ceramic coated cars, combo wraps with built in PPF like Xpel, Fusion, STEK and Dynoshield hydrophobic without any issues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back