Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I know I may be biased because I actually own the car, but why do people keep complaining about the materials in the Cadillac? The same hard plastics in the Supra can be found in the Corolla. Having been in both cars I agree the Supra is tight, even more so than the C8 but the materials are very Camry if you ask me. All the shift stalks are the same. The materials in the M3 are shared with the 330i, again all the hardware being the same. They keep saying it feels very Chevy but go actually sit in a Malibu or even a Camaro and you immediately realize that while the design language is similar it definitely is NOT the same switch gear, nor materials. GM does have their injection molded formula that they use across all their cars just like everyone else but the Caddy even the base CT4 is miles ahead of the rest of GM's interiors until you get to something like the GMC Denali.

I personally don't think the 4 looks bad at all from the rear, but I've always been a function-dictates form kind of guy.

"Classy Thunder" ROFLOL!!!!
Its on!

Speaking of the 'ring. I did a search on the url, nurburgring, and carspymedia - since this is a year old - but didn't find it:

Speaking of the 'ring. I did a search on the url, nurburgring, and carspymedia - since this is a year old - but didn't find it:

Interesting they tested a CF car (black) but with a sunroof and a non CF car (silver) without sunroof.

I'd be curious if the CF car or the non CF car was faster around the Ring, or if there was basically no difference. Also the non CF car sounded like an automatic, not sure what transmission the CF car had

I would love if they could get a time for the 4BW and the 5BW! I feel they're well suited for those tracks.

I would love if they could get a time for the 4BW and the 5BW! I feel they're well suited for those tracks.
Wasn't there someone on here that has a Blackwing in Germany? Hint hint... I'm sure Misha would love to give it a go once the weather warms up.

It's seems most of the reviews I run across are videos. It's ok but some of these reviewers would be better off camera or maybe start a blog.
I'm old school, love to have it in my hands and or on my shelf.
For those old enough to remember having multiple magazine subscriptions and tucked away certain issues that really had relevance or about vehicles that you longed for or owned I present to you Car and Driver issues that contain any mention of a Blackwing.
Apr '21 pg 24-29 intro to both Blackwings and a 5 front cover.
Jul/Aug '21 pg 5 quick mention in Backfire section.
Oct '21 pg 33-38 only about 5BW pg 39 about 4BW
Nov '21 pg 28-37 5BW vs RS7 vs M5 Comp
Jan '22 pg 40-43 both 4 & 5
Feb/Mar '22 pg 27-51 Lightning Lap issue both 4 & 5
Oct '22 pg 40 sall blurb about % of orders with manual transmission
Jan '23 pg 34-35 10 Best issue both 4 & 5
If anybody out there is subscriber to R & T I'd be interested.
Hope someone finds this interesting. Good reading

It's seems most of the reviews I run across are videos. It's ok but some of these reviewers would be better off camera or maybe start a blog.
I'm old school, love to have it in my hands and or on my shelf.
For those old enough to remember having multiple magazine subscriptions and tucked away certain issues that really had relevance or about vehicles that you longed for or owned I present to you Car and Driver issues that contain any mention of a Blackwing.
Apr '21 pg 24-29 intro to both Blackwings and a 5 front cover.
Jul/Aug '21 pg 5 quick mention in Backfire section.
Oct '21 pg 33-38 only about 5BW pg 39 about 4BW
Nov '21 pg 28-37 5BW vs RS7 vs M5 Comp
Jan '22 pg 40-43 both 4 & 5
Feb/Mar '22 pg 27-51 Lightning Lap issue both 4 & 5
Oct '22 pg 40 sall blurb about % of orders with manual transmission
Jan '23 pg 34-35 10 Best issue both 4 & 5
If anybody out there is subscriber to R & T I'd be interested.
Hope someone finds this interesting. Good reading

I used to only read car magazines while taking a shit.

Now the phone has replaced that role.

9/10 because the V6 isn't the supercharged V8....

Not Blackwing-specific news. But probably of interest to some folks ... and I don't have privileges in the Cadillac News forum.

Not Blackwing-specific news. But probably of interest to some folks ... and I don't have privileges in the Cadillac News forum.
Sign me up for alllllllllll of the Cadillac Racing merch.

1672946794254.gif

S
One item to note is they wouldn't be using a GM engine.
Sure about that? I read the Alpine engine deal is probably going away in lieu of something with GM. (Speculation is rampant since F1 moves to 50/50 ICE/battery power split in 3 years.)

S

Sure about that? I read the Alpine engine deal is probably going away in lieu of something with GM. (Speculation is rampant since F1 moves to 50/50 ICE/battery power split in 3 years.)

Things are always subject to change, but from the linked article...
GM nor Cadillac will be the engine supplier for this new team. Instead, GM will work with an existing F1 engine supplier. Aero, chassis, and other combustion-related development will be handled by GM in Warren, Michigan, and Charlotte, North Carolina.

Cadillac will have to use some powerplant (probably Alpine) if they are going to participate prior to 2026 when the new regs come out. They are dropping the MGU-H at that point, hence why VW is getting the sport with Audi and maybe Porsche.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back