Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

At the 42 second mark: "And it's remarkable that you can just go to a dealership and buy one."

Should we tell them? šŸ˜
Nah... He's just reading the cue cards. Someone else clearly wrote this, and they know what they are talking about.

I'm 99% certain that in C&Ds fantasy land you can just walk in to a dealership and get a Blackwing, Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition and 2023 Corvette Z06, all for MSRP too.

"If your left leg isnā€™t strong enough to squeeze a clutch coddling 659 pound-feet, buy a gym membership with the savings." - YES!
And also thisā€¦ā€The Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing is the greatest sports sedan on sale today, if not of all time.ā€

Not sure I agree with some of the others on the list. No Miata? The Supra , corvette(all trims) are iffy choices. Accord included just for being an accord is weird too.

It's probably based on how C&D's 10 best is selected. They cannot test every car on sale for the list, so they only invite last years winners and cars that are new or had major updates. The Corvette was invited since it was a winner last year, as was the Accord. The Supra had a major update (manual transmission). The Miata was not on the list last year and did not have a major update, so it wouldn't meet the criteria. On the pan out shots of all the contenders I didn't see anything that would look like a Miata, so I'd suspect it wasn't amongst the cars invited this year.

Nice review. Points out all the reasons there's one in the garage. I think it's a nice day to go for a ride!

Published today:

Sounds like a guy who knows manuals. The comment about the stiff clutch is very interesting. I will honestly say my 5 feels no stronger than the 4 I had for 2000 miles. I was told the clutch pressure really varies on 5s. I guess I got a lighter one (no complaints on that!).

I think people are missing one of the best and most accurate quotes in the 5BW article:
"...and the interior design is something weā€™ve come to refer to as Chevy Malibuā€“plus."
Truer words were never spoken.
The Malibu has upped it's game. šŸ˜

Stumbled across this video. This guy isn't in my usual rotation of car reviewers. He says some pretty wild stuff. States blackwing is a lot less powerful than an M3 or C63. Keeps drawing comparisons to RS3 and CLA. Barely mentions BMW and when he does its to the 2 series. Then states he recommends auto over manual b/c rear is "too lively" w/ manual. Okay....

Stumbled across this video. This guy isn't in my usual rotation of car reviewers. He says some pretty wild stuff. States blackwing is a lot less powerful than an M3 or C63. Keeps drawing comparisons to RS3 and CLA. Barely mentions BMW and when he does its to the 2 series. Then states he recommends auto over manual b/c rear is "too lively" w/ manual. Okay....
Yeah he missed the entire point of the car.

Stumbled across this video. This guy isn't in my usual rotation of car reviewers. He says some pretty wild stuff. States blackwing is a lot less powerful than an M3 or C63. Keeps drawing comparisons to RS3 and CLA. Barely mentions BMW and when he does its to the 2 series. Then states he recommends auto over manual b/c rear is "too lively" w/ manual. Okay..
Very nice earnest chap, he hits on a lot of things others miss, and rates it really highly - but he's all over the place with his comparisons to other cars. 464k subs too, there are soooo many reviewers out there.

That he is comparing it to that stupid 2 series sedan/hatch, not even the new G series M240i/M2 is um, ya. No 'enthusiast' is buying one of those, lolololol! Obviously the problem with this review is he's doing the whole CT4 range, which is pointless, but really on the whole it's fine he just happens to prefer the RS3 vs the 4BW and that's cool.

Edit: 20:00 - kills the whole review dead. Cannot take him seriously after that šŸ˜„

Edit again: this commenter is fantastic...
"I'd still choose the BMW M235ix Gran Coupe over all of these, I don't think anyone driving on public road would say that it's not fast enough or doesn't handle well enough! The M235ix is not only much cheaper to purchase, but also gets far better fuel economy."

I know I may be biased because I actually own the car, but why do people keep complaining about the materials in the Cadillac? The same hard plastics in the Supra can be found in the Corolla. Having been in both cars I agree the Supra is tight, even more so than the C8 but the materials are very Camry if you ask me. All the shift stalks are the same. The materials in the M3 are shared with the 330i, again all the hardware being the same. They keep saying it feels very Chevy but go actually sit in a Malibu or even a Camaro and you immediately realize that while the design language is similar it definitely is NOT the same switch gear, nor materials. GM does have their injection molded formula that they use across all their cars just like everyone else but the Caddy even the base CT4 is miles ahead of the rest of GM's interiors until you get to something like the GMC Denali.

I personally don't think the 4 looks bad at all from the rear, but I've always been a function-dictates form kind of guy.

"Classy Thunder" ROFLOL!!!!

I basically agree with you. I guess it's the thing to complain about when you can't find anything else. Much like the CUE system in Gen 2 CTS/ATS. Everyone complained, but it wasn't really that bad.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back