Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Frustrated? I'm Not

I couldn’t agree more. I’m 2 cents richer. Thank you

After reading this a few times and thinking about what you have said I think you are right on a few things, and while I don't agree on everything you have put a different spin on things. I myself have been a little hard on Cadillac and now plan on being a little more patient.. Now, I would like to ask you if you work in the car industry, or just buy a lot of expensive cars, lol...
The reason i started this thread was because everyone seemed a bit impatient and a bit unreasonable towards the process. I am confident we will all be thrilled with the end product when we finally get them. I’m not thrilled with the chip situation and now it appears a slight increase in the msrp. Still optimistic we will have our cars by late summer and then we can tell/show everyone how great they are!!!!

Gm announced yesterday they were increasing msrp on all Cadillac models. $200 for the ct4 and ct5 v cars. For 2021 models. I’m assuming this small increase would apply to us as well.

The 2021 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV have received the largest price increases in the Cadillac lineup. The entry-level Escalade trim level carries on with the same MSRP, however the Luxury trim is now $400 more expensive, while the Premium Luxury trim is $600 more and the Sport $700 more. The Sport Platinum and Premium Luxury Platinum, meanwhile, have gone up in price by $1,000. These same price increases apple to the equivalent trim levels for the extended wheelbase Escalade ESV.

2021 Cadillac Price Increases
ModelIncrease
CT4$200
CT5$200
XT4$200
XT5$200
XT6 Luxury$250
XT6 Premium Luxury$350
XT6 Sport$400
Escalade Luxury$400
Escalade Premium Luxury$600
Escalade Sport$700
Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum, Sport Platinum$1,000

The Cadillac XT6 has received the next largest price increase, with the entry-level Luxury model rising in price by $250 and the Premium Luxury trim going up by $350. The range-topping Sport, meanwhile, has gone up in price by $450. Both the subcompact Cadillac XT4 and compact Cadillac XT5 have gone up in price by $200 across the board for all trim levels. The Cadillac CT4 and Cadillac CT5 sedans have also gone up in price by $200 for all trim levels. The $200 price increase also applies to the performance-oriented CT4-V and CT5-V models. All 2021 Cadillac models also carry a destination freight charge (DFC) of $1,195.

The 2021 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV have received the largest price increases in the Cadillac lineup. The entry-level Escalade trim level carries on with the same MSRP, however the Luxury trim is now $400 more expensive, while the Premium Luxury trim is $600 more and the Sport $700 more. The Sport Platinum and Premium Luxury Platinum, meanwhile, have gone up in price by $1,000. These same price increases apple to the equivalent trim levels for the extended wheelbase Escalade ESV.

2021 Cadillac Price Increases
ModelIncrease
CT4$200
CT5$200
XT4$200
XT5$200
XT6 Luxury$250
XT6 Premium Luxury$350
XT6 Sport$400
Escalade Luxury$400
Escalade Premium Luxury$600
Escalade Sport$700
Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum, Sport Platinum$1,000

The Cadillac XT6 has received the next largest price increase, with the entry-level Luxury model rising in price by $250 and the Premium Luxury trim going up by $350. The range-topping Sport, meanwhile, has gone up in price by $450. Both the subcompact Cadillac XT4 and compact Cadillac XT5 have gone up in price by $200 across the board for all trim levels. The Cadillac CT4 and Cadillac CT5 sedans have also gone up in price by $200 for all trim levels. The $200 price increase also applies to the performance-oriented CT4-V and CT5-V models. All 2021 Cadillac models also carry a destination freight charge (DFC) of $1,195.
Did the freight amount increase? My dealer has it at $995

It appears it did as well. We will have to wait and see what happens. Maybe the dealers will absorb any increases. Lol.

Lets not forget about the gas guzzler tax that is yet to be determined...My dealer said it will probably be around $2200.00.....
Sounds about right for a 5 as I believe the 2021 ZL1’s is $2,100. Hopefully, the 4’s will be less.

I believe they simply debuted the car WAAAAAAAY too early considering not everything had been set in stone yet. They were trying to capitalize on the marketing strategy of the C8 corvette. this in no way changes my decision to purchase the CT5-V BW I just need to learn to be more patient and appreciate my CTS-V for a few more months.

I believe they simply debuted the car WAAAAAAAY too early considering not everything had been set in stone yet. They were trying to capitalize on the marketing strategy of the C8 corvette. this in no way changes my decision to purchase the CT5-V BW I just need to learn to be more patient and appreciate my CTS-V for a few more months.
Where was the information regarding msrp going up $200 coming from? And freight up as well?

Lets not forget about the gas guzzler tax that is yet to be determined...My dealer said it will probably be around $2200.00.....
I’ve been trying to block that out but I know it’s going to happen anyway…

It’s unfortunate that I have a mental block when it comes to buying used.

Where was the information regarding msrp going up $200 coming from? And freight up as well?
you should probably reply to the person who posted that news as I had no idea about it either until today bud.

@SIX 40 where are you in Central Texas? My wife and I are highly considering moving out there from CA because....screw this state and it's politics and taxes.

@SIX 40 where are you in Central Texas? My wife and I are highly considering moving out there from CA because....screw this state and it's politics and taxes.
We’re in west Austin about 3 mi from Bee Cave if you’re looking at a map. We moved here 16 years ago (!) from NY for basically the same reasons you cite. Me and my wife grew up on Long Island so we do miss the beach and water in general. We were living in Manhattan for 7 years before we moved and the city had run its course for us. It’s been great here, very low stress compared to the east coast. I would suggest you visit during summer just to make sure you can tolerate the heat. It’s not awful, it just goes on for months like the long winters back east.

Good luck and feel free to PM if you have any questions!

I don't know if this will affect the BW...

Thanks tall steve.... all it mentions is 2021 models Not the 2022 ct4-v or ct5-v blackwing ...... at the opening msrp at least on the ct5-v bw , thinking they would have some big ones increasing by $200 My 2 cents

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back