Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Window tint advice

dstewart51

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
23' CT4V-BW
Its been 25 + years since I last had tint done on anything I have owned. Looking at having tint done on the front and rear doors and back window on my 4BW. After some searching and reviews I'm looking at Xpel PRIME XR Plus 35% tint all around. I drive at night often and dont want to hinder visability. I have an appointment at a detail/tint shop later today.

So the questions are, is this a good film to go with or is there something better and opinions on 35% tint knowing I'm not looking to black the car out and want to retain usable visibility at night.

Thanks!

IMG_4888.jpg

Last edited:
Its been 25 + years since I last had tint done on anything I have owned. Looking at having tint done on the front and rear doors and back window on my 4BW. After some searching and reviews I'm looking at Xpel PRIME XR Plus 35% tint all around. I drive at night often and dont want to hinder advisability. I have an appointment at a detail/tint shop later today.

So the questions are, is this a good film to go with or is there something better and opinions on 35% tint knowing I'm not looking to black the car out and want to retain usable visibility at night.
Its been 25 + years since I last had tint done on anything I have owned. Looking at having tint done on the front and rear doors and back window on my 4BW. After some searching and reviews I'm looking at Xpel PRIME XR Plus 35% tint all around. I drive at night often and dont want to hinder advisability. I have an appointment at a detail/tint shop later today.

Thanks!

View attachment 13553
That is the exact one i went with as I too did not want something too dark. It’s right in the middle of the spectrum. I also went with 70 on the windshield to mitigate solar glare. Prime XR Plus is Expel’s top of line I believe.

I have the same tint, 35% and it causes me 0 issues at night and my vision sucks.

this is 35%. brand is "give me the cheapest please" no issues at night. my friends have 20% and 5% and both are much darker. looks better from the outside in the sun but I would never go that dark.

cost was ~$250 I think for all 4 sides plus back window. nothing on the windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_20220902_171721.jpg
    IMG_20220902_171721.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20220902_171639.jpg
    IMG_20220902_171639.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20220807_121157.jpg
    IMG_20220807_121157.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 166
30 to 35% is what I like from the front and 15% for the back. I have Formula 1 Pinnacle and seems to work well in Southern Arizona.

Its been 25 + years since I last had tint done on anything I have owned. Looking at having tint done on the front and rear doors and back window on my 4BW. After some searching and reviews I'm looking at Xpel PRIME XR Plus 35% tint all around. I drive at night often and dont want to hinder visability. I have an appointment at a detail/tint shop later today.

Thanks!

View attachment 13553
I have that tint with no apparent issues. Slight tint on the windshield too. Looks good without being too dark.

Tint was the "mod" I most regret doing to my blackwing.

I got the xpel 35% prime ceramic thing and the 70% windshield.

Despite all the claims of heat rejection, it doesn't really do shit for cooling the interior, it's all emperor's new clothes trickery and I think the actual degrees heat reduction is minimal.

Also now I look like a gangbanger hoodlum with my blacked out windows.

On a brighter car even 35% looks really dark and makes the greenhouse look bigger and the car top heavy.
32399686-80AE-4573-9174-2D212195A595.jpeg
9F7EF174-4F44-49C1-8B3C-88E441136CF6.jpeg

Last edited:
One thing to consider is the interior color. A complete black interior is going to make the tint look darker in daylight.

One thing to consider is the interior color. A complete black interior is going to make the tint look darker in daylight.
I originally took this picture as a joke to illustrate that the CT5 and Civic are the same exact car, but it's a good example of how the interior makes a huge difference on how the tint looks. Both are 35% ceramic tint (BW is Autobahn i3, Civic is Xpel Prime XR+). I think the high end tint films are definitely worth it for heat rejection, and they make the car look better as a side effect.
PXL_20221014_175606327.jpg

Tint was the "mod" I most regret doing to my blackwing.

I got the xpel 35% prime ceramic thing and the 70% windshield.

Despite all the claims of heat rejection, it doesn't really do shit for cooling the interior, it's all emperor's new clothes trickery and I think the actual degrees heat reduction is minimal.

Also now I look like a gangbanger hoodlum with my blacked out windows.

On a brighter car even 35% looks really dark and makes the greenhouse look bigger and the car top heavy.View attachment 13578View attachment 13583

Any pics of the front to show the windshield?

Is the glass factory glazed at all? That also plays a part in overall darkness. Most German cars tint darker due to the factory glass having a coating already. Not so much that you can see it when they aren't tinted, but put a 20% civic next to a 20% VW jetta, and there's a noticeable difference.

Not to hijack thread but is there any advantage doing tint as soon as getting the car vs later on?

With the lighter SkyCool Gray interior I decided to go 20% all around plus 70% on the windshield. Not too dark at all.

Not to hijack thread but is there any advantage doing tint as soon as getting the car vs later on?
Not really... Only that its newer, so there's less chance of hair, dust or ambient dirt from inside the car getting in between the film, especially on the back window where its a little tougher to get under that slant.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back