Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Track Testing?

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
Does anyone know if Cadillac did any endurance track testing with the BW? I know the Corvettes go through a 24-hour track test at VIR prior to production. Any lap times or PDR video to share @Mirza Grebovic :D This won't be my main track car by any means but I'd love to get my hands on some PDR data to compare.

Does anyone know if Cadillac did any endurance track testing with the BW? I know the Corvettes go through a 24-hour track test at VIR prior to production. Any lap times or PDR video to share @Mirza Grebovic :D This won't be my main track car by any means but I'd love to get my hands on some PDR data to compare.
From the press releases they did mention 24 hour testing for the automatics and 12 for the manuals. Would love to see some track footage as well! I'm sure we'll start getting more footage closer to production.

I went to an event that had some of the Cadillac V-team members several months ago and they played a very short sound clip from the track and it sounded freaking awesome!!!

The V Series Blackwings went through 24hrs track testing but cars actually ran more and are still running. The manuals too and only reason the manuals ran 12hrs is because those transmissions are familiar and have plenty of track testing in them from previous usage. All changes to the V Series manuals increased durability as well so again focus was on new auto trans never used on a V Series. Hence, the lower number does NOT mean less robust on track. I am sure more information will be shared as we get closer to final production and media reviews.

Not completely related, but I just watched the Barrett Jackson auction for the 4BW and 5BW. The caddy CEO guy said the 5 did 0-60 in 3.5. Is that for the auto, and the 3.7 for the 6 speed?

Not completely related, but I just watched the Barrett Jackson auction for the 4BW and 5BW. The caddy CEO guy said the 5 did 0-60 in 3.5. Is that for the auto, and the 3.7 for the 6 speed?
If I were to guess I would probably say he just misspoke, the 3.7 number I believe was specified as the auto (edit: I've been corrected below). I would love to get an idea of if the blackwings are lapping more quickly than the CTS/ATS V, or if the track times have been comparable.

Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer and a die hard car enthusiast. Yes that was for the Auto and stay tuned on magazine reviews and more media for numbers, currently most are safe estimates.

If I were to guess I would probably say he just misspoke, the 3.7 number I believe was specified as the auto. I would love to get an idea of if the blackwings are lapping more quickly than the CTS/ATS V, or if the track times have been comparable.
If you read some articles you will see mention of "seconds faster" at tracks. Cars are incredibly fast.

Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer and a die hard car enthusiast. Yes that was for the Auto and stay tuned on magazine reviews and more media for numbers, currently most are safe estimates.
Brandon and Tony are fun to listen to when they are talking car..Sewell Cadillac has hosted a couple of events where they spoke about the BW. Meagan Q. was also there and gave out some cool info...

It would be great to get VIR Full lap times and not just VIR Grand Course. Nobody except the lightning lap runs VIR Grand.

Brandon Vivian, executive chief engineer and a die hard car enthusiast. Yes that was for the Auto and stay tuned on magazine reviews and more media for numbers, currently most are safe estimates

@Mirza Grebovic can you say when the NDAs will be lifted on the media reviews? The slow drip of info has been rough :)

Trust me I understand the itch, just a bit longer!

Team understands VIR full and will forward interest to team.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back