Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Sort of on-topic. This article indicates that what we are going through waiting for our cars is not unique to Cadillac.

Quoth the article:

Honda will scale back its production plans by as much as 40% at its Japanese plants starting early in September, signifying that their ongoing production woes aren't close to being over, the Financial Post reported. Honda announced the cuts Thursday and blamed some of 2022's usual suspects: persistent logistics and supply chain woes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and semiconductor shortage.
Where ya been? ;)
It's been literally every manufacturer since varying start dates in 2021. Those 2020 buyers made out like bandits and it's been tumbleweed for everyone else since.

JTG, did your car get built with all those options? white981s did you get your order from Dustin at Sewell?
Did not get the car from Sewell. It was from a local dealer in Maryland. I am being told that delivery is expected by Thanksgiving. Just in guess your looking at my other posts, I have a white one as well with the same spec.

I was just called by my dealer stating the Midnight Steel Metallic is not being produced currently due to issues with paint components. Sounds like it may be at least until mid-October. If I don't change the color on my order, I'll lose the allocation and have to hope I get lucky. Guess it's wave metallic or rift metallic for me now :/

I was just called by my dealer stating the Midnight Steel Metallic is not being produced currently due to issues with paint components. Sounds like it may be at least until mid-October. If I don't change the color on my order, I'll lose the allocation and have to hope I get lucky. Guess it's wave metallic or rift metallic for me now :/
Wave was my second choice, but I am really glad I ended up with it. It's so subtle, but not just another gray scale car. Lot's of compliments on the color.
PXL_20220811_152112287 (1).jpg

I talked to my Honda deanship today as I'm first on the list for a Civic Type R
Before I ordered my 4BW, I had narrowed down my search to either the 4BW or the next-gen CTR. Interesting to see someone else on this forum also interested in that car.

It's been literally every manufacturer since varying start dates in 2021.
Oh, yeah, I know. I took a 1000 mile (1-way) road trip last year. I passed a lot of car dealerships along the way, and they all had mostly-empty lots.

Just posting for the benefit of the folks who are wavering on sticking it out with their orders. The grass is not greener outside The Goat Pen.

Before I ordered my 4BW, I had narrowed down my search to either the 4BW or the next-gen CTR. Interesting to see someone else on this forum also interested in that car.

Oh, yeah, I know. I took a 1000 mile (1-way) road trip last year. I passed a lot of car dealerships along the way, and they all had mostly-empty lots.

Just posting for the benefit of the folks who are wavering on sticking it out with their orders. The grass is not greener outside The Goat Pen.
I really like Honda cars and motorcycles and have owned many... In the end it will come down to cost on the Type R because I'm making my son completely pay for this one and it could get out of hand.

Wave was my second choice, but I am really glad I ended up with it. It's so subtle, but not just another gray scale car. Lot's of compliments on the color.View attachment 12289
So the blue isn't too bright? I know it wouldn't be nearly as bright as the electric blue, but my wife was concerned it would be too bright, particularly since we had been looking at the shadow metallic and then midnight steel due to the gray hue in it.

Not too bright in the least. It definitely pops in the right light, but it doesn't scream at you. You should be able to find a Camaro in Riverside Blue somewhere if you want to see it in person. It's the EXACT same color. Not close, EXACT (GKK code).
So the blue isn't too bright? I know it wouldn't be nearly as bright as the electric blue, but my wife was concerned it would be too bright, particularly since we had been looking at the shadow metallic and then midnight steel due to the gray hue in it.

I really like Honda cars and motorcycles and have owned many... In the end it will come down to cost on the Type R because I'm making my son completely pay for this one and it could get out of hand.
Not quite the same, but is it weird to say I truly miss my 2018 Focust ST (I drove RS's but couldnt justify the $18k price difference). It had every option available - heated leather recaros, heated steering wheel, wonderful headlights that turned with the car, got 30 mpg even with a tune and mods, and a nice sound system. Gone are the days of fun turbo hot hatches at a reasonable price. I fully expect the new CTR to surpass the $55k mark. Which is crazy to me...

I got a '20 CTR in 11/2021 to hold me over until 5BW time. Styling aside (I secretly like it, but hate how it makes ME look if that makes any sense), which the new one has fixed, it is truly a great car. More fun and more practical than my prior daily, an E90 M3. I really will miss it and am tempted to find a way to keep it.

Not quite the same, but is it weird to say I truly miss my 2018 Focust ST (I drove RS's but couldnt justify the $18k price difference). It had every option available - heated leather recaros, heated steering wheel, wonderful headlights that turned with the car, got 30 mpg even with a tune and mods, and a nice sound system. Gone are the days of fun turbo hot hatches at a reasonable price. I fully expect the new CTR to surpass the $55k mark. Which is crazy to me...
I know, I was talking to my son last night about the cost and will it be worth it... I really think the new Civic Type R is going to be crazy expensive...

I know, I was talking to my son last night about the cost and will it be worth it... I really think the new Civic Type R is going to be crazy expensive...
Agree. Even 4-5 years after the last one was released, it was hard to find one for MSRP, even before the chip shortage.

I hate to admit that I paid $6k over original MSRP for my *used* (albeit 400mi dealer demo) 2020. Then again, today with 6k miles KBB says it's worth $3k more than I paid, private party.

With updated/matured styling and severely constrained production (Civic sales have been down like 70-80% in recent months due to production issues) we're about to see some crazy numbers for the new '23s.

Total friggin' crapshoot. When I finally got allocation of build I was explicitly told Mav Noir and Argent Silver were not on constraint--Midnight was on constraint. I was 50/50 but went with Silver due to current wax, polish tools and kits I got, not to mention I enjoy the process. ANYWAY, I would have now been back of the line should I have went with my inner Bruce Wayne much to the chagrin of wife who is confident I am far from cool. Happy gambling!

Robert Pattinson Reaction GIF by The Batman

anybody out there order the carbon fiber parts after the fact? and if so what kind of time frame we looking at for the parts?

anybody out there order the carbon fiber parts after the fact? and if so what kind of time frame we looking at for the parts?
Check out the carbon fiber parts thread ...lots of people ordered and got CF after the fact ...front splitter took the longest

4 or 5?
4 you can find a couple CFZ wings floating around at GM dealers with 'GM parts' online shops.
OEM Front splitter and dive planes (which also require the CF1 fascia) I haven't seen.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back