Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Well I've ordered the most boring BW5 in America. My only option is the parking package on a Argent Silver manual 6 Spd. TPW is 8/29 so will see if they have the capability of making any BW5's at this point. I'll give folks an update when available.

My dealer tells me the parking pkg is also on constraint, in addition to Midnight Steel. Also per the post above, maybe the parking pkg constraint is a recent thing.

Since 72% of the 2022 BW5's had the parking package it would appear that the only BW5 that could be built would be a no option car. Hope your dealer isn't correct. Maybe the Dustin "the Blackwing God" could enlighten us on this depressing possibility?

Since 72% of the 2022 BW5's had the parking package it would appear that the only BW5 that could be built would be a no option car. Hope your dealer isn't correct. Maybe the Dustin "the Blackwing God" could enlighten us on this depressing possibility?
My order is with his dealer :(

Well I've ordered the most boring BW5 in America. My only option is the parking package on a Argent Silver manual 6 Spd. TPW is 8/29 so will see if they have the capability of making any BW5's at this point. I'll give folks an update when available.
You lucked out, I wanted the argent silver 5 weeks ago but had to settle for wave metallic. My spec does include the suede seats, carbon brakes, bronze wheels, and data recorder however. In any case, would have loved Argent.

JTG, did your car get built with all those options? white981s did you get your order from Dustin at Sewell?

Holy shit, I give up.
What a cluster of shit this is. My ride was built on 8/23 so God only knows what's missing at this point..

I'm still waiting for the retrofit for the parking package on my 4.

The key question is will they build the car and deliver it without the parking package installed or will the build be put on hold till they can do it on the production line. Sounds like yours was delivered without it which would be fine with me.

JTG, did your car get built with all those options? white981s did you get your order from Dustin at Sewell?
Yes at Sewell Dallas, but didn't know about Dustin until after I ordered.

My understanding is right now, pending orders with the parking pkg cannot be put into the system. So if your order is already allocated with it, hopefully it will come with it.

How did you get an order placed at Sewell as an out of state buyer? ( I'm happy for you! ) They have for the last 6 months not allowed "non-Texans" to order BW5's from them. You didn't have Tall Steve get you priority handling did you?

How did you get an order placed at Sewell as an out of state buyer? ( I'm happy for you! ) They have for the last 6 months not allowed "non-Texans" to order BW5's from them. You didn't have Tall Steve get you priority handling did you?

Some of us have had orders in at Sewell for more than a year.

Ordered late last year.

The key question is will they build the car and deliver it without the parking package installed or will the build be put on hold till they can do it on the production line. Sounds like yours was delivered without it which would be fine with me.
Yes, I did get the car and they told me it still needed a module to be completed at a later date. I got used to having it with my BW5 and when I drive the BW4, I forget that I don't have it at times when I need it.

Sort of on-topic. This article indicates that what we are going through waiting for our cars is not unique to Cadillac.

Quoth the article:

Honda will scale back its production plans by as much as 40% at its Japanese plants starting early in September, signifying that their ongoing production woes aren't close to being over, the Financial Post reported. Honda announced the cuts Thursday and blamed some of 2022's usual suspects: persistent logistics and supply chain woes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and semiconductor shortage.

Sort of on-topic. This article indicates that what we are going through waiting for our cars is not unique to Cadillac.

Quoth the article:

Honda will scale back its production plans by as much as 40% at its Japanese plants starting early in September, signifying that their ongoing production woes aren't close to being over, the Financial Post reported. Honda announced the cuts Thursday and blamed some of 2022's usual suspects: persistent logistics and supply chain woes due to the COVID-19 pandemic and semiconductor shortage.
I talked to my Honda deanship today as I'm first on the list for a Civic Type R and she said she does not have any idea about cost or even when she will get the allocation to order...They are having a lot of problems and have 3 cars in inventory right now..

I talked to my Honda deanship today as I'm first on the list for a Civic Type R and she said she does not have any idea about cost or even when she will get the allocation to order...They are having a lot of problems and have 3 cars in inventory right now..

Wait! What?? A honda?? You have a 4BW, a 5BW. Thought you were getting a XT4 for the wife? Are you turning into @soulsea ? 😂🤣

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back