Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Here are my few extremely minor nits after a week or so:

1. The turn signal is indeed a bit far away for no perceivable reason, but it's not so bad.
2. WHY CAN I NOT BROWSE MY USB MUSIC WHILE DRIVING??
3. The interior ergonomics are not as intuitive as my Genesis. For instance, the steering wheel audio controls on my Genesis were a scroll wheel for volume and an up and down switch for changing tracks/stations. The Cadi has horizontally oriented volume controls, and the next/previous track buttons are way the hell against the steering wheel hub, while the info display controls are where those buttons should be. Genesis also had a climate knob, which is better than toggle switches. I know I'm really reaching here.
4. No surround view camera.
5. Rev match has to be turned on every time I start driving.

If all of those sound stupid, it's because that's really it. The car looks awesome, drives awesome and gets a ton of attention. Taking it to the detailer tomorrow for PPF/ceramic and rear tints for the baby, and can't wait to see it in all its glory.

You're #5 is my main gripe on living with the car.

I'd also really like a 7k redline. 6400 is not befitting such a sporting car.

You're #5 is my main gripe on living with the car.

I'd also really like a 7k redline. 6400 is not befitting such a sporting car.
That redline is the main reason I started looking elsewhere. The M2C revs out to 7200. 7400 fuel cutoff. Just like the 4BW you're better off shifting early those first 2 gears but getting all the way to 7000 in 3rd felt great. 500 rpms! that's all I ask for if they revise the engine

That redline is the main reason I started looking elsewhere. The M2C revs out to 7200. 7400 fuel cutoff. Just like the 4BW you're better off shifting early those first 2 gears but getting all the way to 7000 in 3rd felt great. 500 rpms! that's all I ask for if they revise the engine
I'd be willing to bet the turned up cars by Tapout and Schmidty make power to 7k.

I don't believe they are able to change the rev limit with how they are tuning the car?
Probably not since Scott is only using a piggback. But if the power comes on sooner and faster, the redline wouldnt matter much if you think about it, specially with how tall the gears are.

I don't believe they are able to change the rev limit with how they are tuning the car?
This is just the start of tuning the car. Trifecta has cracked the ECU.

My two modded cars in the garage make power higher and with higher redlines due to their tunes and cams.

My Saab fell on it's face at 5500 stock, now It shifts at 6800. If I upgrade the valve springs it'll go to 7800 lol.

This is just the start of tuning the car. Trifecta has cracked the ECU.

My two modded cars in the garage make power higher and with higher redlines due to their tunes and cams.

My Saab fell on it's face at 5500 stock, now It shifts at 6800. If I upgrade the valve springs it'll go to 7800 lol.
I'd take trifecta's claims with a grain of salt. If HP tuner hasnt had any luck, and they managed to work around with the ZR1s in 2020 but havent made any progress at this point with global B, I dont see how somebody can crack it in matter of months. Plus the whole they made adjustments in the timing table, fuel trims, etc but only made nominal power changes kinda sounds BS to me. I dont see any factory tune being pegged 100% and that they didnt leave anything on the table for reliability aspect of it.

The dealership service experience for this car is just frustrating. Part of it is just poor practice and the other part is complete lack of knowledge of the car. I'm on dealership #2 and it's just as bad as the first.

I dropped my car off yesterday for 3 things and 1 of them was to change the differential fluid. The individual doing the scheduling over the phone 4 days prior to this asked why I needed to change the fluid at only 9k miles. I told him it was a BW and it's a requirement to change the fluid after a track day. He asked for the VIN and told me they could get the fluid in so I scheduled. I dropped it off, they had it all day yesterday and I come in this morning and he tells me that they didn't change the fluid. I ask why and I shit you not, he said "it doesn't have a front differential". So after another 1 minute exchange basically repeating everything I told him over the phone 4 days prior he goes back to check and see what fluid it needs and if they can get it by Friday morning. I have another track day this Saturday and I don't want to run it without changing the fluid. He comes back and says they can get it by tomorrow and it won't be a problem to get it changed Friday morning. I certainly hope they're going to put the right fluid in.

So, it's just this stupid shit constantly. I have at least 6 more examples of dumb stuff like this and it really sours the ownership experience.

I'd take trifecta's claims with a grain of salt. If HP tuner hasnt had any luck, and they managed to work around with the ZR1s in 2020 but havent made any progress at this point with global B, I dont see how somebody can crack it in matter of months. Plus the whole they made adjustments in the timing table, fuel trims, etc but only made nominal power changes kinda sounds BS to me. I dont see any factory tune being pegged 100% and that they didnt leave anything on the table for reliability aspect of it.

Why? What possible financial incentive would a long term tuning house have for lying about cracking an ECU? Delaying people from purchasing competitors piggy back tunes? There reputation would be ruined instantly, it would be suicide.

The dealership service experience for this car is just frustrating. Part of it is just poor practice and the other part is complete lack of knowledge of the car. I'm on dealership #2 and it's just as bad as the first.

I dropped my car off yesterday for 3 things and 1 of them was to change the differential fluid. The individual doing the scheduling over the phone 4 days prior to this asked why I needed to change the fluid at only 9k miles. I told him it was a BW and it's a requirement to change the fluid after a track day. He asked for the VIN and told me they could get the fluid in so I scheduled. I dropped it off, they had it all day yesterday and I come in this morning and he tells me that they didn't change the fluid. I ask why and I shit you not, he said "it doesn't have a front differential". So after another 1 minute exchange basically repeating everything I told him over the phone 4 days prior he goes back to check and see what fluid it needs and if they can get it by Friday morning. I have another track day this Saturday and I don't want to run it without changing the fluid. He comes back and says they can get it by tomorrow and it won't be a problem to get it changed Friday morning. I certainly hope they're going to put the right fluid in.

So, it's just this stupid shit constantly. I have at least 6 more examples of dumb stuff like this and it really sours the ownership experience.

Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Rochester Hills and plan to use Cadillac in the Troy Motor Mall hopefully.

They got 60 in it. I bet they take 64k all day, esp with the Carfax
I was under the impression that it was 64k plus tax lol not 64k with tax :SLAP Should have asked more questions I would have been all over it if we could have struck a 3 car deal at 60k lol

They would've gotten your blackwing on their used lot essentially. I think PDR is the only difference between your car and the one I had

Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Rochester Hills and plan to use Cadillac in the Troy Motor Mall hopefully.

I'm a bit more north than you. Previous dealership was Labadie and the current one in the example above is Betton Baker in Midland.

Has anyone gotten an annoying vibration/resonance at ~2k rpm from the sport or above exhaust settings? It sounds like it's coming from the rear right headliner area.

Has anyone gotten an annoying vibration/resonance at ~2k rpm from the sport or above exhaust settings? It sounds like it's coming from the rear right headliner area.
Yep. I have and it's incredibly annoying. It doesn't do it in touring/stealth/whatever, but any setting above that and it does.

It's the kind of rattle I would expect if I'd changed the exhaust or downpipes, but for it to vibrate on a stock exhaust is kinda disappointing. I shouldn't have to enjoy the factory exhaust settings (regardless of level) with a side of rattles.

As a former M2C owner, zipping past 7k in 2,3,4 was one of the funnest parts. As you point out, pointless really, but still lots of fun and where the thrashiness of the exhaust worked.
Once my break-in is done, I do think shifting (pun? kinda intended) my mental model of when I should be changing will be one of the things to get past for sure.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back