Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Cadillac South San Francisco was absolutely amazing and does not mark up any of their vehicles. I highly recommend working with the general manager Jon.

Cadillac South San Francisco was absolutely amazing and does not mark up any of their vehicles. I highly recommend working with the general manager Jon.
Truth!

I'm sure anyone who experiences this sort of treatment will fully support financial support/bailouts for dealers during the next major economic shock which impacts the industry. Also, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would support direct sales from manufacturers to the consumer. As the auto dealer lobby has noted, the benefits to consumers of having a dealerships dependent distribution model are clear. I would have countered them at 100k ADM, and not a penny less.
I love this, so great. I wasn't sure how the DTC pitch would go over here, but ADM/MA pricing has been the most effective lobby against the dealer model of distribution in our lifetime. My wife bought a Tesla last summer (DM me if you want to discuss pros and cons about divorce on grounds of her being a liberal commie) and the overall experience was minimalist and refreshing on every level.

thought you guys might get a kick out of this
jeepers creepers.png

^^^ All of their BW's are +$40,000. I get that BW's are not water or rice, but still this is nothing short of good old fashion gouging...or the free market doing its thing if you prefer. There is a reason South City (SF), Beverly Hills, and others have a 40 person wait list. I first and foremost hold the buyers paying ADM accountable for being complete and and utter dumbasses for having more money than patience.

Yes I too give all my ire to someone for how they choose to spend their money on a frivilous luxury item none of us really need. They are the real baddies here :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I first and foremost hold the buyers paying ADM accountable for being complete and and utter dumbasses for having more money than patience.
Yes, it’s a two way street. I takes an idiot buyer to match up with an idiot seller.

People that generally pay too much for things fall in two categories; grew up in a wealthy family and didn’t earn any of the money themselves, and 2) earned the money, but don’t understand the principles of long term wealth accumulation.

I sold a boat to a well-to-do gentleman some years ago and he was one of the toughest negotiators I’ve run across in my private sale history. It’s funny because he had a full time personal assistant and she would call me to deal with simple stuff. But when it came to the price and deal closing date he always handled that personally.

Yes, it’s a two way street. I takes an idiot buyer to match up with an idiot seller.

People that generally pay too much for things fall in two categories; grew up in a wealthy family and didn’t earn any of the money themselves, and 2) earned the money, but don’t understand the principles of long term wealth accumulation.

I sold a boat to a well-to-do gentleman some years ago and he was one of the toughest negotiators I’ve run across in my private sale history. It’s funny because he had a full time personal assistant and she would call me to deal with simple stuff. But when it came to the price and deal closing date he always handled that personally.
Well said sir!

And there are loads and loads and loads of people who will just figure screw it I'll pay $10K on top of a $100K car, the same way they decide on a suit, holiday destinations or dinner, because they simply can.
And they know all about 'long term wealth accumulation' :sneaky:

There are so many people who make a lot of money in whatever field and once you're OK with the big ticket price adding %s at the margin don't matter.
I'm an MSRP stickler, but I understand why and how people will go above. $40k for a Caddy well OK maybe not lol, but some amount sure fill your boots.

^^^ All of their BW's are +$40,000. I get that BW's are not water or rice, but still this is nothing short of good old fashion gouging...or the free market doing its thing if you prefer. There is a reason South City (SF), Beverly Hills, and others have a 40 person wait list. I first and foremost hold the buyers paying ADM accountable for being complete and and utter dumbasses for having more money than patience.
I could not agree more, though.... I have to be honest and say I would like a shot at living life with more dollars than sense... just once

BTW, had a dealer tell me recently locally, Sewell is the number #1 caddy dealer in the country and crushing it with the V's in volume sales in his opine "because they don't screw their customers". I haven't researched that exact fact if they, Sewell are indeed #1, I just mentioned the post pics of the stack of V's recently at Sewell here, he jumped on it. Small dealer Im dealing with on another allocation. Honest, folks....

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I contacted Sewell out of Dallas, TX the other day and very responsive and straight up, also at MSRP. He mentioned 6-8 months for a CT4-V Blackwing and 24-36 months for a CT5-V Blackwing. The 6-8 months works perfect for my timeline and at least they move enough volume that I can believe that. We finalize my order later today. I still have my deposit with my local dealership, but after reviewing everything, It will be hit and miss if they ever see an allocation again.

thought you guys might get a kick out of this
View attachment 11895
Wow Nice!!! What's a 5BW worth to these guys? SELL IT! It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it! That action ultimately sets market price! Market value of course is what these guys believe its worth and it may very well be this #?? Stay tuned and see where it lands. Wild West out there ! Great post!

I am working with them on my 2023 order too! They managed to let me custom order someone else's order so hopefully I should see my car soon-ish.

I am working with them on my 2023 order too! They managed to let me custom order someone else's order so hopefully I should see my car soon-ish.

I just stopped by there last night (after dropping my Bronco next door for warranty work--it is a Ford, after all), chatted with Mike and Joseph. Cool guys, good to talk with. They mentioned no mark up, but also a long waiting list as a result.

Most of the dealers in my area that have cars on the lots have $30k-$50k markups on them. I am starting to see them stack up a bit so they will slowly start to let them go at MSRP, especially if you have a trade-in they can profit from.

The 4BW I bought off the lot last week was originally +$5k, but after several weeks they accepted my offer of +$1.5k, but using their financing. I plan to pay it off at the beginning of the year so that didn't concern me.

The 4BW I bought off the lot last week was originally +$5k, but after several weeks they accepted my offer of +$1.5k, but using their financing. I plan to pay it off at the beginning of the year so that didn't concern me.
I still think it's hilarious that these dealers let a car sit around for weeks thinking they will make an extra 5k, but in the end only make an extra $1500 and hurt their future allocations in the process.

I still think it's hilarious that these dealers let a car sit around for weeks thinking they will make an extra 5k, but in the end only make an extra $1500 and hurt their future allocations in the process.
This has been Dustin's aka @1StunnaV's point all along. Sell cars at MSRP, so you sell more cars, so you get more allocations, so you...sell more cars! And in the process establish a loyal customer base, and make more money in the long run. That's being smart, and playing the long game...something that most dealerships have no concept of. 99% of dealerships will eat the apple instead of planting it and having an apple tree.

This has been Dustin's aka @1StunnaV's point all along. Sell cars at MSRP, so you sell more cars, so you get more allocations, so you...sell more cars! And in the process establish a loyal customer base, and make more money in the long run. That's being smart, and playing the long game...something that most dealerships have no concept of. 99% of dealerships will eat the apple instead of planting it and having an apple tree.
Indeed, customers will remember those greedy dealers once supply levels improve and the market settles down.

I'd make sure it doesn't have any early release penalties and I'd still refi early just to spite them. They (sometimes) get penalized when that happens, but most importantly they lose any money they gained by marking up the rate

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back