Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait List Customer Order Process

MrsCTS-V

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 CTS-V Wagon (Manual) 2022 CT5-V BW (Rift Manual)
I am on the Wait List. I am not one of the lucky “500” Reservation Holders. I have questions regarding Cadillac’s procedure for processing Wait List customer orders placed before March 12th.

• Is the March 12th deadline significant for Wait List customers only when Cadillac needs to backfill vacated Reservation slots?
  • After the first 500 reservation orders are accepted, will the Wait List customer orders (entered before March 12th) be reviewed for GM acceptance in the order they were entered into GM’s Order Workbench? OR does a Wait List customer order need to be matched with a dealership allocation before GM will accept the order?
  • In other words – what role does being on the Wait List play after the first 500 reserved car orders are processed?
  • Has Cadillac defined “limited production” for the overall number of 2022 Blackwings to be built?
Thank you for all you are doing to help us through this rollout. What a wonderful resource this Forum is! I have learned more here than from my dealer. As a Wait List customer, I am trying to understand the process so that my order gets accepted by GM.

Based on what I have read, anyone on the wait list who doesn't get lucky enough to obtain a vacated slot from the initial 500 reservations will ultimately have to revert to a dealer who receives additional Blackwing allocations. Those allocations are supposed to based on a dealer's history of CT4/CT5 order volumes which will mean dealers get anywhere from zero allocations to a number of allocations (though probably not too many). I believe Cadillac will then route wait listed people to the nearest dealer with allocations, prioritizing them based on where they fall in the wait list queue (first in the queue, then first out of the queue).

I'm not sure what happens if the nearest dealer with an allocation is 50, 100 or even more miles away. Cadillac might require that they arrange for delivery to the nearest dealer while still having the purchase go through the dealer that holds the actual allocation. Maybe Rob has some better insight here.

Cadillac has not provided any indication of production numbers for 2022 beyond the initial 500. So no one knows yet what "limited means". There is the chance that the wait list has more people in it than additional production/allocations that will be available for the 2022 model year.

Based on what I have read, anyone on the wait list who doesn't get lucky enough to obtain a vacated slot from the initial 500 reservations will ultimately have to revert to a dealer who receives additional Blackwing allocations. Those allocations are supposed to based on a dealer's history of CT4/CT5 order volumes which will mean dealers get anywhere from zero allocations to a number of allocations (though probably not too many). I believe Cadillac will then route wait listed people to the nearest dealer with allocations, prioritizing them based on where they fall in the wait list queue (first in the queue, then first out of the queue).

I'm not sure what happens if the nearest dealer with an allocation is 50, 100 or even more miles away. Cadillac might require that they arrange for delivery to the nearest dealer while still having the purchase go through the dealer that holds the actual allocation. Maybe Rob has some better insight here.

Cadillac has not provided any indication of production numbers for 2022 beyond the initial 500. So no one knows yet what "limited means". There is the chance that the wait list has more people in it than additional production/allocations that will be available for the 2022 model year.
It's my understanding that the Blackwing allocations are based on prior V sales not just CT4/CT5 sales.

If you haven't already seen this, Bradan wrote an article on this with what information he was able to gather from Cadillac. I've been busy this week dealing with Corvette stuff, but I'll try to see if there's any updated information tomorrow:

If you haven't already seen this, Bradan wrote an article on this with what information he was able to gather from Cadillac. I've been busy this week dealing with Corvette stuff, but I'll try to see if there's any updated information tomorrow:

I did read that other article; however it mainly addresses how Cadillac will be fulfilling the Reservation orders and then backfilling from the Wait List if there are any vacant reservation slots. Cadillac didn't address what happens to all the other Wait List customers' orders after the 500 reservation orders have been verified and accepted. It will also help to know what "limited production" means so those of us on the Wait List can get a sense of whether we will have a reasonable chance of getting a Blackwing.

Thank you Rob for anything you can find about what happens to all of us on the Wait List. You have been the Sherlock Holmes of Blackwing information!

• Love Post
Reactions: Rob

Rob -
Our Dealer is asking us for a reservation number for our WAIT LIST order. Does that sound correct to you? We don't have a reservation number because we didn't "win". We clicked the "Wait List" button.

Rob -
Our Dealer is asking us for a reservation number for our WAIT LIST order. Does that sound correct to you? We don't have a reservation number because we didn't "win". We clicked the "Wait List" button.
Replying to myself! I called Customer Care and they called my Dealer to explain that Wait List orders will not have a reservation number. We knew that! :)

Rob -
That doesn't make sense to me. The reservation system and the wait list are two separate things. You should be able to walk into a Cadillac dealer, submit an order and be placed on the wait list. If your dealer is telling you they need your reservation number, I'd walk away from them. Clearly, they have no clue what they're doing.

Replying to myself! I called Customer Care and they called my Dealer to explain that Wait List orders will not have a reservation number. We knew that! :)
Good Lord...you shouldn't even had to do that - and they shouldn't have had to be told by Cadillac Concierge. All of the program information is accessible to the dealers - some of it isn't clear and doesn't answer all of the questions, but the reservation system and wait list system are pretty clear.

To clarify: I have a CT5-V Blackwing WAIT LIST order in the GM system. I called Cadillac Customer Care and they confirmed that WAIT LIST orders do not need a reservation number. You need a Wait List order entered by March 12th in order to be eligible to move into a vacated reservation slot should someone who was a winner gives up their slot.
Here's hoping someone gives up their slot :)

Good Lord...you shouldn't even had to do that - and they shouldn't have had to be told by Cadillac Concierge. All of the program information is accessible to the dealers - some of it isn't clear and doesn't answer all of the questions, but the reservation system and wait list system are pretty clear.
I agree, I hate to say this but I'm very dissappointed in Cadillac with this sloppy roll out....

I agree, I hate to say this but I'm very dissappointed in Cadillac with this sloppy roll out....
There are some people within Cadillac that are too! LOL

was he contacted by Cadillac?
No, but he was on the wait list from the beginning and just went to Sewell Cadillac and they took his order....I've not talked to him since he placed the order, but he did get an order number if I'm not mistaken..

I just looked back at our texts and he did get a workbench order number...I don't know how that will work but he did show me the paperwork..

So it looks like if I want a BW I can't get one? Is that the short of it? No one knows anything if they will make more than the original 500?

So it looks like if I want a BW I can't get one? Is that the short of it? No one knows anything if they will make more than the original 500?
you should be able to get one...go talk to your local Cadillac dealer. I'm sure there will be a few for sale once they start rolling out after the first 250. Many of those dealer allocations may very well be spoken for quickly though.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back