Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wait List Customer Order Process

I have worked with 3 local Cadillac dealers over the past 4 weeks. 2 never got back to me once I told them I wanted to order a BW, the third said it would be over a year or more before I would receive it and they couldn't take my reservation. I went ahead and ordered a 6 speed BMW M3 this weekend. Sorry to miss out on this, but its just a badly managed rollout in my opinion.

This launch was not done well. I had a reservation and canceled it. I wonder how long the car will be around. The factory is shutdown right now due to parts shortages. They make the Camaro, CT4 and CT5 there. Talk of the Camaro going away 2023. I suspect if we want a BW they will be available later in production. I really want a manual transmission but like the looks of our 2018 CTS-V Maybe the BW will grow on me.

D.

I have worked with 3 local Cadillac dealers over the past 4 weeks. 2 never got back to me once I told them I wanted to order a BW, the third said it would be over a year or more before I would receive it and they couldn't take my reservation. I went ahead and ordered a 6 speed BMW M3 this weekend. Sorry to miss out on this, but its just a badly managed rollout in my opinion.
Over MSRP for the BMW?

I'm curious if there's anyone here from New England that's been unable to submit an order at a dealer?

This launch was not done well. I had a reservation and canceled it. I wonder how long the car will be around. The factory is shutdown right now due to parts shortages. They make the Camaro, CT4 and CT5 there. Talk of the Camaro going away 2023. I suspect if we want a BW they will be available later in production. I really want a manual transmission but like the looks of our 2018 CTS-V Maybe the BW will grow on me.

D.
If there are delays in production of the reservations, I wonder if Cadillac will even notify us? I have heard absolutely nothing from Cadillac other than to tell me to finalize my order with the dealer. Definitely has me worried.

If there are delays in production of the reservations, I wonder if Cadillac will even notify us? I have heard absolutely nothing from Cadillac other than to tell me to finalize my order with the dealer. Definitely has me worried.
You'll get one. Just don't know when yet. The Blackwings are only going to be a two year run. That's it.

I wouldn't start worrying for a few more months

After the sales staff at my local dealer stopped responding I contacted the GSM. To be fair, one guy that I was in touch with left the dealer so there's that. The GSM put me in touch with the sales manager and we discussed it a bit. They were allocated 4 cars to fill reservations and he really has no idea what his allocations for the '22s will be yet. I'm not sure about that answer. If anyone can shed some light on if dealers have any idea what their allocations are going to be I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm going to work up an order sheet with one of the salesman later this week and we'll see what happens.

After the sales staff at my local dealer stopped responding I contacted the GSM. To be fair, one guy that I was in touch with left the dealer so there's that. The GSM put me in touch with the sales manager and we discussed it a bit. They were allocated 4 cars to fill reservations and he really has no idea what his allocations for the '22s will be yet. I'm not sure about that answer. If anyone can shed some light on if dealers have any idea what their allocations are going to be I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, I'm going to work up an order sheet with one of the salesman later this week and we'll see what happens.
Interesting. I'm curious how he knows that they were allocated 4 cars

Interesting. I'm curious how he knows that they were allocated 4 cars
Sounds like a mixup in terminology. It sounds like that dealership was chosen by 4 customers for their reservations.

You'll get one. Just don't know when yet. The Blackwings are only going to be a two year run. That's it.

I wouldn't start worrying for a few more months
A two year run, is that confirmed? If thats true our cars should hold their value for sure!

A two year run, is that confirmed? If thats true our cars should hold their value for sure!
Hopefully but, not necessarily. Production quantity vs. quantity in demand no matter the length of production.

Reactions: Rob
That's what I'm told. Which makes sense with Cadillac's time frame for all electric vehicles

Sounds like a mixup in terminology. It sounds like that dealership was chosen by 4 customers for their reservations.
Yeah, that’s how he framed it, sorry if I wasn’t clear. I was confused too when he referred to their reservations as allocations. Having said that, he said he had no idea how many would be allocated once GM decides who’s going to get what.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and two brain cells away from being special needs, so I don't understand what you said...... :)
Sorry Steve. Regarding future value, a 2 year production run is immaterial if they over produce during that 2 year run. This would leave unsold units languishing on lots driving new values down which in turn would drive resale value down. Not that GM has ever done anything like that previously. 🙄

Sorry Steve. Regarding future value, a 2 year production run is immaterial if they over produce during that 2 year run. This would leave unsold units languishing on lots driving new values down which in turn would drive resale value down. Not that GM has ever done anything like that previously. 🙄
Ok, I get it now, but lets say they run production like the CTS-V's, and if so the quantity would be limited (2000 or so) and with people on waiting list I would think Cadillac will not be able to keep them on the lots... My BW will be a low mileage garage queen so I hope she holds her value.....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back