Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Yet Another New Guy From Houston - CT4-V Blackwing On Order

Berserker

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT4-V Blackwing 6MT #Riftgang
I've been lurking here for several weeks. Finally pulled the proverbial trigger and ordered a CT4-V Blackwing. My order is in the dealer's backlog and probably won't be submitted to GM for a couple of months.

My order is for the CT4 version of marfan's #oldladyspec #sleeper CT5 : rift, tan interior, bronze calipers, polished wheels, no carbon. Manual. The registry currently shows only one manual CT4-V BW in rift with the tan seats.

I loves me some fast sedans. I've been daily-driving Japanese sports sedans for juuuust shy of 18 years: an '03 Evo VIII, a '10 Evo X, a '17 WRX (a mistake), and my current '18 WRX STI (the fix to the mistake). I also added a Nissan Frontier PRO-4X to the stable a few years ago. I'm getting rid of the STI; the Fronty stays.

I've been lurking here for several weeks. Finally pulled the proverbial trigger and ordered a CT4-V Blackwing. My order is in the dealer's backlog and probably won't be submitted to GM for a couple of months.

My order is for the CT4 version of marfan's #oldladyspec #sleeper CT5 : rift, tan interior, bronze calipers, polished wheels, no carbon. Manual. The registry currently shows only one manual CT4-V BW in rift with the tan seats.

I loves me some fast sedans. I've been daily-driving Japanese sports sedans for juuuust shy of 18 years: an '03 Evo VIII, a '10 Evo X, a '17 WRX (a mistake), and my current '18 WRX STI (the fix to the mistake). I also added a Nissan Frontier PRO-4X to the stable a few years ago. I'm getting rid of the STI; the Fronty stays.
Nice to see I’m not the only one jumping from an STI to a ct4-v bw, love my Sti and all but for what I was about to dump into it to get it where I wanted it I was going to be so close to the cost of this car It just made more sense to make the move.

Nice to see I’m not the only one jumping from an STI to a ct4-v bw

Howdy, Subibro.

We're not the only ones jumping. There were several people talking about the CT4-V BW on NASIOC.

My warranty is about up, and I don't want to own an EJ out of warranty. Mine is 2018, which misses the 2017 cutoff for the 100k mile extended warranty Subaru is doing as part of the lawsuit settlement. As far as I can tell, though, I've got he same motor as the 2017; it was 2019 is when they changed some of the internals. One year either way and I would feel more comfortable.

So it was time to go car-shopping. Subaru announced there would be no next STI, and Toyota showed the GR Corolla which did nothing for me, and I ruled out the new Nissan Z because I hate coupes, and German reliability scares me so the VW Golf R, Audi RS3, and various M cars were out. So it came down the redesigned Civic Type R or the BW. Don't know how many people will cross shop those two cars, but I did, LOL.

The CTR would be the smart choice for me. I am fairly certain I would love everything about it. But I'm starting to crave some comfort in my daily. And at least once I need to own something seriously fast. And The Great Electrification is coming. So this just seems the right time to do this and get it out of my system.

And The Great Electrification is coming. So this just seems the right time to do this and get it out of my system.
This is really why I decided to make such a big jump, I’m a diehard fan of manual transmissions and generally love smaller sedans, this is possibly the last really fast 4 door manual we will see as far as I can tell, I don’t want to miss out on this beautiful swan song of the ice engine.

The civic type r was on my list, but I need 3 back seats, I have 3 small kids, I know the ct4 backseat isn’t huge but I test fit them in a standard ct4 since I can’t find a blackwing near me to even sit in. But my decision really just fell to wanting rwd and bigger power again before it’s time to suck it up and buy an electric vehicle.

Welcome to the rodeo. Another former VIII owner here.

I picked up an existing allocation today. It was not for my original build, but it was close enough.

The build I requested was Rift, tan leather sports seats seats, bronze calipers. Nothing else. 6MT.

The allocation that came open was Rift, black leather sports seats, red calipers, tech bronze wheels, PDR, sunroof, red belts. No carbon. 6MT.

The black seats and bronze wheels were both my second choices. I was already waffling on adding PDR to my build. I despise sunroofs, but 2 of my last 4 cars have had one. I just leave it closed most of the time.

I'm sure I'll be very, very happy with this build. They estimate it will arrive in about 3 months.

Last edited:
I picked up an existing allocation today. It was not for my original build, but it was close enough.

The build I requested was Rift, tan leather sports seats seats, bronze calipers. Nothing else. 6MT.

The allocation that came open was Rift, black leather sports seats, red calipers, tech bronze wheels, PDR, sunroof, red belts. No carbon. 6MT.

The black seats and bronze wheels were both my second choices. I was already waffling on adding PDR to my build. I despise sunroofs, but 2 of my last 4 cars have had one. I just leave it closed most of the time.

I'm sure I'll be very, very happy with this build.
curious what dealer happened to have one available? Sewell?

curious what dealer happened to have one available? Sewell?
Yah.

I'd already heard that manuals were on constraint (which they confirmed today). So I had it in my mind that if a manual became available in 1 of 3 colors (rift, satin steel, infrared) with 1 of 2 seat options (sports seats in tan leather or black leather) and without carbon (which is a deal-breaker for me financially), I would probably jump on it.

They'd previously offered me 2 different cars they had in stock, but both were autos, and one had both an exterior color and an interior color that individually were deal-breakers.

But this allocation magically threaded the needle.

Yah.

I'd already heard that manuals were on constraint (which they confirmed today). So I had it in my mind that if a manual became available in 1 of 3 colors (rift, satin steel, infrared) with 1 of 2 seat options (sports seats in tan leather or black leather) and without carbon (which is a deal-breaker for me financially), I would probably jump on it.

They'd previously offered me 2 different cars they had in stock, but both were autos, and one had both an exterior color and an interior color that individually were deal-breakers.

But this allocation magically threaded the needle.
yeah, I'm still a little hurt I couldn't take the Electric Blue with Carbon that I forgot I secured back in early April. Salesman never got back to me so I figured it sold since he said it was on the lot. Didn't contact me until I already agreed on a different one from dallas.

Glad it worked out for you! Any idea on when it might arrive?

Any idea on when it might arrive?
They estimate 3 months.

Did you still have yours? I thought I saw a thread where you said you sold it?

They estimate 3 months.

Did you still have yours? I thought I saw a thread where you said you sold it?
yeah I sold it to Bayway and they want your first born for it :boogie

I'll likely end up in a late 2023 but I'm just watching the porsche market and hopefully I can luck into something

yeah I sold it to Bayway and they want your first born for it :boogie

I'll likely end up in a late 2023 but I'm just watching the porsche market and hopefully I can luck into something

Bayway Southwest is the dealer closest to me. So, yeah, I know what you mean about their prices!

Good luck with your quest!

Bayway Southwest is the dealer closest to me. So, yeah, I know what you mean about their prices!

Good luck with your quest!
mine is at the woodlands but I'd imagine the $3,300 is mandatory there too, on top of the ADM.

Good luck to you as well, I'll have to invite you out to our next "mexico" run .. I think it should be pretty close to you

Today's tracker update shows that my car was built sometime between Saturday 08/13 and Wednesday 08/17.

Now I move on to the next phase of The Goat Rodeo.

I hear you, I had high hopes to avoid the pen when mine went 4000 only to discover today that I too am in the dreaded 4D00 zone.

Fingers crossed to avoid the MP designation. I'll take it without the new blackwing badge .... if that's the constraint thanks...lol

Last edited:
@Berserker what do you think the chances that all us Htown orders all get held to arrive on the same truck? That would be wild if we all took delivery the same day.

...I too am in the dreaded 4D00 zone.

I saw that. Suck.

You're the VIN right ahead of me in the tracker. And the VIN right ahead of you is also 4D00. So I am expecting that will be my fate as well.

We're both with the same dealer. Our cars might come on the same truck.

@Berserker what do you think the chances that all us Htown orders all get held to arrive on the same truck? That would be wild if we all took delivery the same day.
LOL. I posted this possibility 1 minute after you did, LOL.

The VIN before you is also with Sewell, and is on the Sewell site, but his window sticker shows his car is going to Dallas.

Regardless of who gets theirs when... Somebody please invite me out whenever you have a track day 😂.. I want to see how they perform in person

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back