Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Another New Member from Houston (CT4 V Blackwing on Order)

ClassaxV

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4 V Blackwing Raven Black, SkyCool 6spd
Hello from Houston,

Just got word on 6/28 that I finally made 2000 status after being on the waitlist for months. Hope to learn and someday make a worthwhile contribution to the group.

TS V

Welcome. You will find the people on this site are polite and friendly. Congratulations on having your order accepted. Will it be for a 22 or a 23? If you do not have a list of order codes, Google "GM order codes" for a full list.

Welcome. You will find the people on this site are polite and friendly. Congratulations on having your order accepted. Will it be for a 22 or a 23? If you do not have a list of order codes, Google "GM order codes" for a full list.
Thank you. it will be a 2023. Unfortunately, carbon is still on constraint, but I did manage to get an allocation for a manual.

Just got word on 6/28 that I finally made 2000 status after being on the waitlist for months.

Welcome!

Damn, Teh Google says Iowa Colony is only 20 minutes from MSR-Houston! Any plans to head out there?

I'm assuming you're with Sewell, like most of us. What did you spec out in your build?

Welcome!

Damn, Teh Google says Iowa Colony is only 20 minutes from MSR-Houston! Any plans to head out there?

I'm assuming you're with Sewell, like most of us. What did you spec out in your build?
MSR is expensive AF lol try to watch for the private events that are held there. That way you can pay to drive the track without the 5k membership fee

Also welcome OP, yes please share your build with us :beer

Welcome!

Thanks Berserker,

Yes I'm with Sewell, and even towing a trailer it has never taken me 20 minutes to get to MSRH LoL. I definitely will be taking the car there.

I speced a 4BW 6M in Raven with cool gray, and red calipers and seat belts, No CF1 unfortunately, but considering I know people who didn't get an allocation for the manual, some of whom have been waiting since last year, I'm counting myself blessed.

!!!NO SUNROOF!!! I'm 6'4, 265lbs so making sure I could pass tech with a helmet on was a big part of the decision. Since I have come to require vented seats as a must on any new car, and I didn't want to go with an all black interior again, plus my kid is now driving his own car so... cool grey it is.

All cleaning prayers and or volunteers are welcomed,,,

You aren't kidding about MSRH expenses, it'ss way cheaper to run the bike there, but I'm reaching the age where I don't want to pay money to run the track a day or two and then pay in soreness 4 or 5 days after for the privilege... I usually attend as a guest on the days I can get off.

MSR is expensive AF lol try to watch for the private events that are held there. That way you can pay to drive the track without the 5k membership fee

$5k is a lot? Do you know what forum you are on? Did you not see the "Let's show off our $30k watches" thread? Have you not seen the pictures of Blackwings parked next to Ferraris or under 911 GT3s? Did you not see the @$&% rotating driveway turntable? Hell, there should be a sub-forum just for the "I bought a Blackwing while waiting for my Blackwing" guys.

I jest (sort of ...).

Yes, if I track my car it would be private events. I've already seen that Driver's Edge is still doing HPDEs there. Back in the day I did once go to MSR-Cresson as a guest, though. It was trippy being out there with so few people around. It was both better and worse, if that makes any sense.

Yes I'm with Sewell, and even towing a trailer it has never taken me 20 minutes to get to MSRH LoL. I definitely will be taking the car there.

I speced a 4BW 6M in Raven with cool gray, and red calipers and seat belts, No CF1 unfortunately, but considering I know people who didn't get an allocation for the manual, some of whom have been waiting since last year, I'm counting myself blessed.

All cleaning prayers and or volunteers are welcomed,,,

I myself am about 45 minutes from MSR. Just up Hwy 6 from you in Mo City.

Good luck with Sky Cool Gray! And with Raven. I think you picked the highest-maintenance spec, LOL.

I hear you on the manuals. I accepted an allocation for a car with $5,000 more in options than what I originally spec-ed, because it had a manual, was in my preferred exterior color (Rift), and had the sports seats in one of the two colors I wanted (this has black; tan was my first choice).

You, Ivy, and I will need to do an MSR HPDE meetup sometime in '23. Fastest guy buys dinner.

Good luck with Sky Cool Gray! And with Raven. I think you picked the highest-maintenance spec, LOL.

You, Ivy, and I will need to do an MSR HPDE meetup sometime in '23. Fastest guy buys dinner.
All maintenance prayers and volunteers are welcome...

The 4BW will be great for MSRH, I've learned over the years I have way more fun with better times hustling an adequately powered vehicle as fast as I can get it to go, than trying to manage an uber powerful one only as fast as I'm willing to go. I'll have enough headache keeping the car clean, I just want to have fun when I'm on track. MSRH and ECR are my favorites, COTA is a blast, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I sure hope you and Ivy have deep pockets cause I eat enough to ensure I won't be the quickest anywhere....LOL

Hello from Houston,

Just got word on 6/28 that I finally made 2000 status after being on the waitlist for months. Hope to learn and someday make a worthwhile contribution to the group.

TS V
Looks like we have the same TPW of 7/25. I was told when I got my allocation only 16 manuals were available that production run so I think we did pretty well! I went with Wave, Sunroof, Graphite Wheels, Bronze Calipers, Red Seat Belts, Performance Steering wheel.

Congratulations @mrsully74, your build sounds amazing. In between the time I got the call from Sewell and us actually getting the order in it went from 3 to 0 M6's available, so I feel very blessed to have gotten the allocation. Hopefully our good fortune continues to hold out and our soon to be born kids go right to their respective homes instead of being featured acts in the rodeo. Fingers, toes, legs, arms, and eyes crossed....

To those on a waitlist. I suggest downloading the owners manual and read up on how to work all of the stuff. I did not and wish that I had. Trying to learn, for example, how to pair a phone to the Bluetooth while driving, is a really bad idea. In fact, it will not let you do that while in motion. That is in the book. Do yourself a favor and read up on that kind of stuff ahead of time. We get too soon old and too late smart.

I speced a 4BW 6M in Raven with cool gray, and red calipers and seat belts ... !!!NO SUNROOF!!!

Well, I got the word 46-0026 is on a train bound for Westfield Texas. [quoted from the Order Tracking thread]

DOOD!!!!

It sounds like we have a lot of the same stuff. I have the top tier seats, but in black. Red calipers and belts. Sunroof, tho (bleh). Hopefully mine is coming not long after yours.

I just realized something. You have Raven and Sky Cool Gray. I have Rift and and Black sports seats. Our cars are like yin and yang.

The only solace I can offer is that the goats are on a train that carries as many as 26 vehicles per railcar. Don't know about you but I've never seen a train with just one railcar carrier. So recond there could have been as many as 50 to 80 cars on the move.

I need to call my sales lady tomorrow. She's only been updating me every few weeks. I got the VIN from the tracker a week or two before she called me and told me it had been built.

I just realized something. You have Raven and Sky Cool Gray. I have Rift and and Black sports seats. Our cars are like yin and yang.
I see a double photoshoot in our (hopefully very near) future!!!

I see a double photoshoot in our (hopefully very near) future!!!

Not too near, unfortunately. There was a tracker update this morning. You are 4200, but all the P046s after you are still Delayed (except for the most recent one that is 3800, giving that poor guy false hope).

There are also a bunch of P046s built before you that are still Bayed. No idea how yours managed to squeeze out, LOL.

Still, this gives me a modicum of hope. '23 4BWs are definitely on the move.

Last edited:
What was it like to order the Blackwing?

May 10, 2022 - 1100 Order Placed -
Jun 24, 2022 - 1100 Removed CF1 Option
Jun 28, 2022 - 2000 Order Accepted -
Jul 06, 2022 - 3000 Ordered for Production - TPW 7/25/2022
Jul 11, 2022 - 3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
Aug 03, 2022- 3800 Vehicle Produced
Aug 16, 2022- 4000 Available to Ship
Aug 18, 2022- 4D00 Vehicle on Hold
Sep 20, 2022 - 4B00 Bayed
Sep 30, 2022 ‐ 4200 Shipped
Oct 10, 2022 ‐ 5000 Delivered to Dealer (PDI Failed, parts back ordered) no ETA
Oct 11,2022---- AC Blower Motor 8-12 weeks backorder.
Oct 13, 2022 ----Sourced the AC Blower Motor Myself, and delivered to the dealer.
Oct 18, 2022 - 6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

Having a great time ever since. The car was definitely worth it!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back