Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Future Models

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
With the announcement of the 120th Anniversary Edition for the 5 and then the “Track Edition” for the 4, I wish that they would have announced future editions at the beginning of the program like they did with the C8.

With the announcement of the 120th Anniversary Edition for the 5 and then the “Track Edition” for the 4, I wish that they would have announced future editions at the beginning of the program like they did with the C8.
To be fair the future models for the C8 were real models with real differences like the z06 or zr1. The 120 editions are basically badge specials. We don't know about the track edition but if thats all just stickers then it's not really comparable. GM does # anniversary or commemorative editions all the time for the Corvette and other products without much announcement.

To be fair the future models for the C8 were real models with real differences like the z06 or zr1. The 120 editions are basically badge specials. We don't know about the track edition but if thats all just stickers then it's not really comparable. GM does # anniversary or commemorative editions all the time for the Corvette and other products without much announcement.
Good point.

GM also didn’t announce the Z06 model until last year and they haven’t announced a ZR1 version. Everyone expects it but if you asked Tadge about a C8 Z06 prior to it being announced all he would say is “we don’t comment on future models”.

I hope this track edition turns out to have some substantial mechanical changes.

True, what's special above and beyond often is the price point. Looks to be the case here?

GM also didn’t announce the Z06 model until last year and they haven’t announced a ZR1 version. Everyone expects it but if you asked Tadge about a C8 Z06 prior to it being announced all he would say is “we don’t comment on future models”.

I hope this track edition turns out to have some substantial mechanical changes.
I thought that they “announced” Z06, ZR1 & Zora models right from the start.

There has been media speculation since before the C8 was released but GM hasn’t said anything officially about any model other than the Stingray and the Z06 (when it was announced last Fall).

There has been media speculation since before the C8 was released but GM hasn’t said anything officially about any model other than the Stingray and the Z06 (when it was announced last Fall).
I can see speculation regarding the Z06 and the ZR1 based past practice however, how could anyone have speculated about the Zora?

Almost seems like its the same as the Championship Edition for the V3 and ATS-Vs. No mechanical updates, just more frills.

I'm planning on driving the 4 Blackwing for a very long time but I have to admit, a future electric blackwing with similar design language to the celestiq and lyriq would be cool to see, and hopefully something we'll see given Caddy's continued participation in motorsport.

I can see speculation regarding the Z06 and the ZR1 based past practice however, how could anyone have speculated about the Zora?
That started when GM trademarked (or renewed?) the name "Zora". They just renewed it again. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I've not seen anything released from anyone that actually works at GM that confirms there is going to be a ZR1, Zora, E-Ray, GS, or anything other than the Z06. I believe there were recent public statements confirming an electrified C8 but even that is recent and not at the time they unveiled the C8 which was the point of this thread.

As for gmauthority, the article posted above is based on a leak from someone who supposedly works for GM and is not a formal acknowledgement from GM.

All that said, everyone who follows Corvettes assumed from the beginning there would be a Z06, ZR1, and GS variant just like with the C6 and C7. It just hasn't been something GM has every confirmed until they are ready to unveil the car. Cadillac doesn't have the history to go on.

Last edited:
That started when GM trademarked (or renewed?) the name "Zora". They just renewed it again. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I've not seen anything released from anyone that actually works at GM that confirms there is going to be a ZR1, Zora, E-Ray, GS, or anything other than the Z06. I believe there were recent public statements confirming an electrified C8 but even that is recent and not at the time they unveiled the C8 which was the point of this thread.

As for gmauthority, they are wrong as much as they are right and the article posted above is based on a leak from someone who supposedly works for GM and is not a formal acknowledgement from GM.

All that said, everyone who follows Corvettes assumed from the beginning there would be a Z06, ZR1, and GS variant just like with the C6 and C7. It just hasn't been something GM has every confirmed until they are ready to unveil the car. Cadillac doesn't have the history to go on.
The Vette team said clearly early...

The switch to mid engine wasn't for the benefit of the base Stingray hehe.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners