Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Joe ratti “reviewing” another CT4, asking a question he never answers of course. Thinly veiled advertisement for the car at autonation. Wouldn’t have posted this, but it’s matte green :)

Used to follow his reviews but not they have become just information less click bait.

:( I'm sorry that he does not know the actual color of the car. It's Dark Emerald Frost not Emerald Forest Green. Hard to have faith in a reviewer that cannot get the facts correct.

Used to follow his reviews but not they have become just information less click bait.
My brother (DEFBW) bought that car shortly after Raiti did his thing.

The sales guys at AN in Port Richey are heavily into the V's and Blackwings.

Great gearhead car guys which is unusual for any of my local dealers.

more fuel here to add on to the 'ole automatic or manual debate....

Looks like the auto weighs nearly 200 pounds more than the manual they tested. Part of that is the lack of CCB, 64 pounds of rotational mass, part of that is the auto vs manual weight of 19 pounds as per cadillac.

That leaves over 100 pounds not accounted for. The only real thing I can see that is different is the pano sunroof on the auto car.

That figure seems about right for a dual pane sunroof. Seems like it's alot of weight on the top of the car.

Also I think the CCBs are going to be a large contributor to straight-line speed. Probably worth about 2 to 3 mph in the quarter mile. I would have gotten them if the replacement costs weren't so high if one gets damaged (I heard for wear they should last the lifetime of the car). Also interestingly some reviews have complained about the poor brake modulation in the CCB cars, however the steel brake cars don't seem to share that trait.

Looks like the auto weighs nearly 200 pounds more than the manual they tested. Part of that is the lack of CCB, 64 pounds of rotational mass, part of that is the auto vs manual weight of 19 pounds as per cadillac.

That leaves over 100 pounds not accounted for. The only real thing I can see that is different is the pano sunroof on the auto car.

That figure seems about right for a dual pane sunroof. Seems like it's alot of weight on the top of the car.

Also I think the CCBs are going to be a large contributor to straight-line speed. Probably worth about 2 to 3 mph in the quarter mile. I would have gotten them if the replacement costs weren't so high if one gets damaged (I heard for wear they should last the lifetime of the car). Also interestingly some reviews have complained about the poor brake modulation in the CCB cars, however the steel brake cars don't seem to share that trait.
They’ll last 100k if you don’t beat on them. Only 10-15 track days if you do. At over 2k per rotor wholesale (5k retail) that cost adds up fast.

Last edited:
Interesting article. A member did post a 0-60 of 3.2 and 11.2 time in the quarter with the 5 and the A10.
Cold temps helped. Interesting, it doesn’t appear like launch control was used. And, despite a cold track grip didn’t seem to be an issue. I also didn’t see a burnout.

This spot just aired after Jeopardy tonight!

GearPatrol.com: I'm Kind of Obsessed With the Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

The author makes a comparison I have not seen anyone else make: E39 M5.
Great article. Sums a lot of things up.

I'm heading for a two day road trip with the 4 a week from Monday up into the mountains of eastern AZ (the Coronado Hwy). It has some 400+ turns. I'm so looking forward to, um, "testing" out the performance in some twistees.

I'm heading for a two day road trip with the 4 a week from Monday up into the mountains of eastern AZ (the Coronado Hwy). It has some 400+ turns. I'm so looking forward to, um, "testing" out the performance in some twistees.
How do these guys duck up the power specs?? It’s a simple google search. Sheesh lol

THE OLD 666 ? ( US191)

THE OLD 666 ? ( US191)
I like the looks of that one! :thumb: I need to put it on my list when I am out that way.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back