Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wow

Dalyons03

Seasoned Member
1700 miles and in I love my 4BW 6 speed. The two personalities this car is my favorite part! One minute I can comfortably and quietly roll down the road with my seat massaging my back. In an instant with push of V it comes to life!

I was a little worried about coming from a 5 liter V8 in my Mustang that I would miss the experience. The LF4 TT V6 is a great engine and I think it sounds good in its own way. I was a little disappointed in it during break in but once I was able to hit it my opinion quickly changed. The first time I heard 6K crackle when you come off the throttle I laughed like a school boy.

I really bought the car for the chasss and honestly I haven’t been able to really push it. Car is already on snows so will have to wait until it warms up to really get after the corners!

Overall love the car and it puts a smile on my face. No regrets going from 2 cars to 1 as a Cadillac V has been a dream for me. Cheers to putting 100K plus on the BW and enjoying it every day!!

1700 miles and in I love my 4BW 6 speed. The two personalities this car is my favorite part! One minute I can comfortably and quietly roll down the road with my seat massaging my back. In an instant with push of V it comes to life!

I was a little worried about coming from a 5 liter V8 in my Mustang that I would miss the experience. The LF4 TT V6 is a great engine and I think it sounds good in its own way. I was a little disappointed in it during break in but once I was able to hit it my opinion quickly changed. The first time I heard 6K crackle when you come off the throttle I laughed like a school boy.

I really bought the car for the chasss and honestly I haven’t been able to really push it. Car is already on snows so will have to wait until it warms up to really get after the corners!

Overall love the car and it puts a smile on my face. No regrets going from 2 cars to 1 as a Cadillac V has been a dream for me. Cheers to putting 100K plus on the BW and enjoying it every day!!
Can't wait to experience that for myself! 😂

Yeah, I'll cosign on the "Wow".

And also how this thing straddles the luxury car / sports car dichotomy. A car with an automatic, base wheels, and the exhaust in stealth mode might just seem like a normal car to an uninitiated non-car-person passenger. Which is hilarious and awesome.

I'm at 150 miles. I think the motor sounds fantastic. In My Mode I have the exhaust in its 2nd-from-top setting, and it's almost too much.

I guess whether people think the motor sounds good is based on what they're coming from. For people coming from V8s and Porsche flat sixes, it might sound underwhelming. My background is 18 years of turbo 4-clylinders and two different Nissan VQ V6 motors ('98 Maxima and '18 Frontier). In that context the LF4 sounds mean AF.

Prior to this, the most powerful car I ever owned had 305 hp, and the most money I ever spent on a car was an inflation-adjusted $42k. I had been thinking that "someday" I would spend the coin to get something really fast and nice. But that would almost certainly be during retirement, and even early retirement is still 5 years away.

A few deaths among people I knew got me thinking that "someday" might never come - or if it did, I might not be in the physical condition to enjoy it.

This is a legit bucket list item for me.

Yeah, I'll cosign on the "Wow".

A few deaths among people I knew got me thinking that "someday" might never come - or if it did, I might not be in the physical condition to enjoy it.

This is a legit bucket list item for me.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

I lost my little sister to ovarian cancer when I was 30. She was just 29. Changed my life forever! From that point forward I chose to live in the "now" rather than the "someday"!

Last edited:
I lost my little sister ... Changed my life forever!
Oh, man. Sorry to hear this. But I can absolutely see how it could change a person.

The friends I lost were nowhere near that close to me, and it affected me. Hell, a long-time co-worker who I didn't even really like passed away, and it affected me.

Glad to hear your enjoying it so far!
I want to repeat to you the three magic words that other people kept saying to me: Worth. The. Wait.

Oh, man. Sorry to hear this. But I can absolutely see how it could change a person.

I want to repeat to you the three magic words that other people kept saying to me: Worth. The. WaWait.I
Thanks man! It happened a long time ago. I'm almost 60 now. Shortly after she passed I bought that Corvette in my avatar. I had always wanted one and I just said fuck it! I'm buying it. I didn't even own a house yet. I was living in an apartment 😂.

As for the worth the wait, I'll have to take your word for it. Hopefully I'll find out for myself sometime soon though!

Anybody who asks and even people that don't I am quick to point out that I fucking love this car.
Never really a foreign car guy but went with BMW and a few Audi's to appease my wife and a couple of Honda's as commuter vehicles.
Don't own now or ever in the past any clothing, jewelry, cast miniature versions of any of them.
I do own a 64 GTO, 71 Corvette Coupe, 22 5BW and a few Harleys. I am quite proud and wear plenty of attire to announce it. I do have a wall full of diecasts of same marques.
I know many that go so far as to tattoo their bodies to further show dedication and devotion.
Don't know 1 person has has German, Italian or Asian branded tattoos.
Bottom line is I'm proud to own a car that shines against anybody from anywhere, is an instant classic and did I mention? I love this fucking car.

Now time to toss a JB4 on it and get a tiny 50hp bump!!!

Ooh so it gets louder? I am slightly disappointed in the pops and cracks from inside the car during the break in period.
I was a studious (lame-o, nerd, whatever) manual follower during breakin, but once past that I found the pops & bangs in Track mode more readily announcing themselves than in VMode with the exhaust cranked all the way up.

It might just be a fluke thing, my downshifts were just that bit more shifty on the day, but it seemed to be the case anyways. YMMV ofc :)

Always cool when the next batch of folks start getting their cars!!!

Ooh so it gets louder? I am slightly disappointed in the pops and cracks from inside the car during the break in period.
Forget not that you are in luxury sports sedan. More sound dampening. Have someone you trust go through the gears as your following, you will be pleasantly surprised as to volume outside the car. After break-in of course 😎👍

this post makes me want to go place an order right now lol. But I may have to wait since I got my Miata recently. It seems not too logical to spend all this money on two RWD cars in the Northeast but there is never going to be a car like these again.

this post makes me want to go place an order right now lol. But I may have to wait since I got my Miata recently. It seems not too logical to spend all this money on two RWD cars in the Northeast but there is never going to be a car like these again.
Sounds like you've answered your own question 😉

The mid rang pops are very different from the high end when you let off. It’s a great sound and haven’t heard anything like it before. I laughed for what felt like a minute the first time!

Just do it!

Live in Michigan and my wife and I both have RWD cars. Set of snow tires is all you need!

These are my current vehicles and I live in Buffalo, New York. All rear wheel drive. Is it in any way practical? Absolutely not! Sometimes the best plans don't make ant sense at all!

Attachments

• 290571110_7542943459109359_3075485394860348725_n.jpg
    290571110_7542943459109359_3075485394860348725_n.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 61
  • 306142033_7911561275580907_4719388953551954683_n-2.jpg
    306142033_7911561275580907_4719388953551954683_n-2.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20221118_115246.jpg
    20221118_115246.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!