Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

World's Quickest CT5-V Blackwing?

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
Who knows what the world's quickest and fastest CT5-V Blackwing is? Has anyone hit nines in the quarter mile with one yet?

Not really sure at this moment, it seems everyone is chasing dyno numbers at the moment.

Hennessy? They claim 1000hp IIRC. That enough to break into single digits?

Does anyone happen to have a link to their best time slip to date?
They Should have a shot of it on their video where they made the run. Bur that was a bit ago, so things might have changed since then. Only two I know of with heavy work on the 5BW are LMP and Hennessey. Everyone is more focused on the 4BW since it's more accessible.

Doubt they could because Hennessy is all about "crank horsepower" numbers.
Supposedly the Hennessy model is about 800-850 wheel. It's possible that it's also in the 9-second area.

Supposedly the Hennessy model is about 800-850 wheel. It's possible that it's also in the 9-second area.
In theory it should but until they do it's just an assumption. Other shops are more serious when it comes to actual street/strip performance and typically perform better with a lower advertised "HP" number.

I'd be surprised if they didn't actually run it to find out. Which makes me think maybe it didn't..

0-60 and 1/4-mile are bad comparison metrics.

5-60 mph times compiled:

0 to 150 to 0 is a better metric but still flawed due to launch control.

2023-speed-test-the-results-65551bd623f45.jpg

Tapout made a 1000+ RWHP 8-second ATS-V, but would I trade my stock ATS-V for it? Absolutely not, because in order to achieve those numbers they had to compromise the characteristics that made the car attractive in the first place. As an engineer, I get the attraction of the "one number to rule them all" especially from a tuning house, but there has to be a more rounded metric that we can come up with that doesn't require everyone to live in driving distance of the Nurburgring. Absolutely not shitting on Tapout--they're in the business of making power and it's our job to decide how much we're willing to spend or compromise to get it. Just think the focus on 1/4 mile time is too much.

Last edited:
0-60 and 1/4-mile are bad comparison metrics.

5-60 mph times compiled:

0 to 150 to 0 is a better metric but still flawed due to launch control.

View attachment 23023

Tapout made a 1000+ RWHP 8-second ATS-V, but would I trade my stock ATS-V for it? Absolutely not, because in order to achieve those numbers they had to compromise the characteristics that made the car attractive in the first place. As an engineer, I get the attraction of the "one number to rule them all" especially from a tuning house, but there has to be a more rounded metric that we can come up with that doesn't require everyone to live in driving distance of the Nurburgring. Absolutely not shitting on Tapout--they're in the business of making power and it's our job to decide how much we're willing to spend or compromise to get it. Just think the focus on 1/4 mile time is too much.
I think it depends on what you intend to do with the car.

You don't use a hammer for a screw. 1/4 Mile times are the staple for Drag Racing metrics. If looking at Track performance, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly.

LMP for example is Drag-Racing oriented. They're building their 5BW for Drag Racing, thus the 1/4 Mile time is their most valuable metric.

As for compromise, it's universally known that you sacrifice when seeking power. A simple CAI, Exhaust, and Tune will greatly improve performance without sacrificing any core characteristics of the car.

If you want to keep the characteristics that made the car desirable in the first place, it's entirely possible, but there will be limits to how much can be gained. You are absolute correct that we are responsible for deciding what we want to pay/compromise for what we get. That's why we have "Stages" for tuning and mod packages.

However; I do agree that using different metrics as a basis for performance can be helpful, but it depends on what you're building the car for. If we are building a track car, 0-150-0 is beneficial. But for Drag Racing, the 1/4 Mile time and 60-ft remain the gold standard as they are the most important metrics in the sport.

In my case, I wouldn't want to do a max-effort build. I want power and a choppy cam, but I do not want to go as far as changing the Torque Converter, gutting the interior, etc. As you said, we all have to find our middle ground and decide what sacrifices we want to make.

Does anyone know what tire LMP is running during those passes?

front looked like the OEM PS4s

rear tire looks a lot like a toyo r888r due to the pattern near the sidewall but it has two grooves when it leaves a treadmark in the prep at 6:19 in the video on YT

1702048691132.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MDM
I see a couple 9.93 @ 138 mph quarter mile pass time slips in there. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!
Well, it's only a CT4-V Blackwing, but we were able to beat the fastest known CT5-V Blackwing's time last weekend at Darlington. Crank up your volume and enjoy the sweet sounds of this little V6!

Well, it's only a CT4-V Blackwing, but we were able to beat the fastest known CT5-V Blackwing's time last weekend at Darlington. Crank up your volume and enjoy the sweet sounds of this little V6!

Holy shit! The front of the car almost lifted off the ground. Impressive!!

Thats insane (I want! lol)...maybe someday but no time soon. I live in Virginia and I've already had issues passing emissions with modified cars. Wish it weren't so...I don't need 9s...but an additional 50-100 hp would be nice (perhaps one day)...congrats! Job well done.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back