Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Where's the CAI at for the Blackwing?

I have had a bunch of vehicles, including (within the last 16 years)

1.) 2006 Mustang GT that I ordered, then installed a Saleen supercharger kit, upgraded it a few times and ended up with a functional Shaker Hood Scoop on it
2.) A 2007 TrailBlazer SS, kept it completely stock and had it for 10 years, drove it for 65K miles . . . broke the output shaft a few months before I sold it, though
3.) 2014 Mustang GT; built a clone of the Aluminator XS Crate Motor from Ford Racing, put an Edelbrock Supercharger on it, but could never get the driveability right on it, so threw the original engine back in, sold the supercharger and the engine separately, and then bought . . .
4.) 2017 Corvette Z06 (unmodified) . . . that was a beautiful car, and I liked everything about it--EXCEPT that I was not able to take it through a regular car wash, and it had to be hand washed every time . . . that got old, so I only drove it on dry pavement days
5.) 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (unmodified)--I ordered this vehicle, traded in the Z06 on it, and was never disappointed . . . about the only thing I didn't care for was the Jeep body style--I liked the Durango style better, so when I heard they were making a Durango Hellcat . . . well, yeah, I had to order one
6.) 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat; I ordered this on the second day the order banks were open (Nobember 7, 2020), and it took until the last day in March for my delivery. I don't and never have liked Suede seats (the Trackhawk had full Leather seats, instead of the Leather with Suede Inserts that the Durango had), so I had the suede inserts replaced with leather to match what I had in the trackhawk . . . this thing doesn't get very good mileage at all, so I stared looking for something I could drive around town, and ended up with:
7.) 2019 Cadillac CTS-V . . . it's all stock, and will keep it that way, for when I trade it in on the CT5-V Blackwing I have on order

Bottom line--I've played around with modifying cars, but got tired of the hassles, and want to be able to just drive it, so that's the reason behind the last 4 vehicles, the TrailBlazer SS all being stock and will probably be the rule with the Blackwing when it arrives . . .

(For the sake of completeness, I also had a 2013 F150, a 2013 F250, a 2018 Harley FXLR that I still own and a 2019 F250 at various times in that 16 year period as well)

Last edited:
We teach using 500Hp mode vs 700+ hp mode.
Keep in kind the Hellcats are on all season P zeros. You are only as good as the 4 magic black round things that touch the ground.
We had a customer complain about it the other week so badly…. the peeps above said ok fine give him the red key.
After 5 minutes…. all the other students with the Black keys who were driving well…. were being held up by the guy w the red key.
Its fun to watch.

Are you part of the team at Bondurant? if so tell Danny B I said hi. I hope y’all get some corvettes again or something else light. i’m trading in a hellcat for my blackwing, I couldn’t imagine tracking it. It’s just a giant boat.

It has a snorkle thats mounted right behind front grille in front of radiators, it means it grabs the air cold from exterior before it hits hot radiators. So yes different than before. The cT4 has a snorkle for each turbo bank as well, full CAI.
Is there any easy way to increase the supercharger noise in the cabin?

Is there any easy way to increase the supercharger noise in the cabin?
An open CAI will get you more whine. Other things that I've seen done to the LT4 to gain whine is to remove the sound deadener under the supercharger lid and to replace the supercharger lid with an aftermarket one.

GM came out with an intake in 2019 for the C7. As I recall they claimed it gained 17 HP on the ZR1 and 13 HP on the Z06. I wonder if that design is what is already on the 5BW and in part responsible for the extra 18 HP over the Z06.

GM came out with an intake in 2019 for the C7. As I recall they claimed it gained 17 HP on the ZR1 and 13 HP on the Z06. I wonder if that design is what is already on the 5BW and in part responsible for the extra 18 HP over the Z06.
Did it come with a tune like the SS Camaro one did?

Not even close. Totally different.

I just want a louder exhaust note. Not that it sounds bad now, just personal preference. Something easy, and completely both on. Also want other people looking for the car it is coming from because the sedan next to them I am sure wouldn’t be there first choice.

if they did...it wouldn't be worth buying
True that, didn’t they just cut the bottom out of the stock box for their ZL1s?

True that, didn’t they just cut the bottom out of the stock box for their ZL1s?
basically.....callaway is pretty much trash...they've been known to sell used turbos to their customers off of other customers cars.

Are you part of the team at Bondurant? if so tell Danny B I said hi. I hope y’all get some corvettes again or something else light. i’m trading in a hellcat for my blackwing, I couldn’t imagine tracking it. It’s just a giant boat.
I started here full time in 2017 … started racing scca in 92-98… and then ran alms , grand am, and imsa 2000-2015.
The hellcat is fun on the track … has to be a wide body… everyone over drives the front tires on the narrow body and then u cannot stop or turn.
;)
I took my 4BW out on out autoX and ran a 54.6 and was very impressed…. and that was only in Race 2 mode not full traction off.
Since they are my own Michies…. im not doing too many laps ;)…. waiting for better boost weather for sure.
Im pretty sure I could get into the high 53s with cooler temps but we shall see.

I started here full time in 2017 … started racing scca in 92-98… and then ran alms , grand am, and imsa 2000-2015.
The hellcat is fun on the track … has to be a wide body… everyone over drives the front tires on the narrow body and then u cannot stop or turn.
;)
I took my 4BW out on out autoX and ran a 54.6 and was very impressed…. and that was only in Race 2 mode not full traction off.
Since they are my own Michies…. im not doing too many laps ;)…. waiting for better boost weather for sure.
Im pretty sure I could get into the high 53s with cooler temps but we shall see.
And I can speak from experience that he’s a pretty okay driver 🤪

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners