Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wheel and tire insurance

Snowwolfe

Seasoned Member
One rear tire at Tirerack is roughly $550 with shipping and sales tax. Add the mounting and balancing and you are looking at almost 6 Ben Franklins. I can get 5 years of premium GM coverage for $929.
One nail in a sidewall would cover 2/3rds of the 5 year premium.
I realize it’s a gamble either way.
Thoughts?

I gladly paid for it when signing. I did the same math as you, and also recalled my 3 separate wheel straightening debacles from the past 2 years that were >$150 per incident.

Can you buy this insurance after taking delivery? Though my dealer me charged MSRP with no other "mandatory dealer packages" , they wanted $4k for the wheel and tire insurance which I politely declined. 🙄

I would make sure they properly explain what is and isn't covered before purchase. I mentioned in another thread, the only wheel and tire insurance I've ever been offered only covers potholes.

The coverage I am talking about is through GM. Covers tires and wheels and cosmetic damage. Talked to one of the adjuster’s who told me if an allow wheel won’t hold air the wheel will be replaced. If the tire can’t be safely repaired it will be replaced. Road rash damage is also covered.

The coverage I am talking about is through GM. Covers tires and wheels and cosmetic damage. Talked to one of the adjuster’s who told me if an allow wheel won’t hold air the wheel will be replaced. If the tire can’t be safely repaired it will be replaced. Road rash damage is also covered.
This. I think my dealer charged $1250 and I'd gladly pay it again. Good luck getting tires at the moment though.

@Mirza Grebovic is on the hunt with Michelin at the moment. Currently my car is sitting waiting for replacements due to a nationwide back order and no estimated time of relief in sight according to 1 dealership and 1 tire shop that I've taken it to.

Ask @dribs15... and avoid automatic car washes! :ROFLMAO:
It wasn't an automatic car wash... I'm just an idiot (it was a washing bay).
Now that i see this, I'm so glad for my slow clap reply😏
... but yes tire/wheel so worth it (4k seems really high though)... be sure to also get cosmetic wheel included plus unlimited usage (but typically they'll have a time frame e.g. 60 months), they may include other stuff like towing, lost key replacement (usually limited to 2x) etc. Come to think of it there may be another thread where we discuss all this🤔

P.S. like @Snowwolfe says: always let them know how the tire won't hold air/leaks air (e.g Sidewall bubble)

This. I think my dealer charged $1250 and I'd gladly pay it again. Good luck getting tires at the moment though.

@Mirza Grebovic is on the hunt with Michelin at the moment. Currently my car is sitting waiting for replacements due to a nationwide back order and no estimated time of relief in sight according to 1 dealership and 1 tire shop that I've taken it to.
I'm looking at Costco and they have the TPC spec rear OEM Michelin for $467.99 (don't know if that's available nationwide but if you use my local ZIP code, 98074, you should be able to see them.) I bought a set last year as a backup (have to keep a set just in case a day at the track goes wrong) and recall at the time they were coming out of a Michelin warehouse in Ohio.

Last edited:
I'm looking at Costco and they have the TPC spec rear OEM Michelin for $467.99 (don't know if that's available nationwide but if you use my local ZIP code, 98074, you should be able to see them.) I bought a set last year as a backup (have to keep a set just in case a day at the track goes wrong) and recall at the time they were coming out of a Michelin warehouse in Ohio.
Thanks for that. Just checked mine and it is only showing the rear's available.

Thanks for that. Just checked mine and it is only showing the rear's available.
Yup. Earlier this month they were o ly showing fronts but you can always stop by the tire center at Costco and ask them to order a whole set.

Picked up my Blackwing yesterday. Finance guy offered me 5 years of protection for $799. Includes tires and wheels, towing. cosmetic damage, etc. No limit on the coverage. Coverage is thru SafeGuard. Tires will be replaced unless tread depth is less than 3/32"

Picked up my Blackwing yesterday. Finance guy offered me 5 years of protection for $799. Includes tires and wheels, towing. cosmetic damage, etc. No limit on the coverage. Coverage is thru SafeGuard. Tires will be replaced unless tread depth is less than 3/32"
That's a great deal! 👍
I think SafeGuard was the coverage I had on my s6... overall they were very easy to deal with and I definitely more than made out on the deal.

Was hesitant but did get the wheel and tire when buying my car. Paid for itself pretty quickly when I got 2 separate nails within the first 2 months of ownership. Brand new tire both times

Nice to know it's not crazy beans for this! One that I will certainly look into

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners