Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spring Mountain impressions

Track is just like the rest of life, you will always have a mix of folks with more dollars than sense and the skill vs equipment problems just continue the more congested the grid.

Incremental increases in performance/risk and respect for others is the most important. If I do something to break my equipment, get myself hurt or otherwise ruin my experience that day at the track, I have the rest of my life to make it right. If I do something to break someone else's equipment, get them hurt or otherwise ruin their track experience there is practically no ability to recover that for them.

You have to have a big enough ego or testicular fortitude to put the other guys lives ahead of your own while your attempting to beat them....
That's a nice sentiment, great attitude :) but that's the rub - we're talking about HPDEs, V-Academy, BMWCCA schools, etc... no one is beating anyone, as it's not a race.
It's when you add in the self-annointed wheelsman who wants to 'race' that things get lairy and to your point - impacts others. Nothing worse than someone having a serious off or dropping fluid and killing a couple sessions to cleanup.

Fortunately V-Academy is similar vehicles and I assume they try and pair you up based on experience... plus only a handful of cars it can only be good!

Edit: me and norcal are obviously reading from the same hymn sheet, lol

That's a nice sentiment, great attitude :) but that's the rub - we're talking about HPDEs, V-Academy, BMWCCA schools, etc... no one is beating anyone, as it's not a race.
It's when you add in the self-annointed wheelsman who wants to 'race' that things get lairy and to your point - impacts others. Nothing worse than someone having a serious off or dropping fluid and killing a couple sessions to cleanup.

Fortunately V-Academy is similar vehicles and I assume they try and pair you up based on experience... plus only a handful of cars it can only be good!

Edit: me and norcal are obviously reading from the same hymn sheet, lol

I agree with you guys as well, I was just acknowledging that as much as we like, I'll speak for me, there's not a bike on the horizon that some part of me doesn't want to catch and pass. We never look back on bikes so passes are not as polite as in cars. But even so every time I get passed there's a little part of me that wants to hang with them, partly to learn, but partly in some small way to feel I'm just as good as they are.

There's ego in all of us, you don't gravitate to HPDEs without one. It's an active fight with one's self, no matter the skill level, no matter the equipment, to NOT be THAT GUY.... unfortunately the greater the gap between the driver's skill and the driver's equipment relative to each other and to those around them the easier it is to lose that battle.

And last I checked they waive the checkered at the end of every session so everyone who is still whole heading into the pits has won that session in an HPDE. If I improved and am smiling as I do, then I definitely won that session!

I'm looking forward to the V Academy, if I could just get my car while they still have seats open...

I haven’t read through this thread in a few months but why wouldn’t you buy down the deductible lol? We all have purchased $75k to $110k vehicles but $250 is too rich for our blood to hedge against an accident on the track? I don’t plan on being crazy on the track but I’d sure feel like a dummy paying an extra $8k bill because I was too cheap to pay $250. It wouldn’t take much of an accident to incur $10k in repairs. I’m going in March and I splurged on the $250.
That's an easy hedge bet, $250 for 8K peace of mind seams' reasonable. CF splitter and tail about 7K now or days, if its not on constraints. I'm going in April. Looking forward to it!

PS: Don't plan on wrecking anything, life happens...

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners