Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
I wish that the 4 & 5 BW had a dashboard with an emblem on the passenger side like my Chevy SS -

View attachment 13379
That's a prospect for where I am putting my '23 BlackWing badge. Just need to do a test fit. I. Thinking right above the corner of the glovebox under the air vent.

The position on the decklid messes up symmetry.

A day in I'm really loving the car with two exceptions.

I like to feel what the front end is doing by having a really light grip on the bars/wheel so you can sense what the grip is like and the tires flex in your fingers. Therefore I generally don't like Lane Keeping Assist systems that tug on the wheel. The one in the CT4 is fairly aggressive and during casual lane changes, it wanted to yank the wheel from my admittedly light grip on the wheel. Yes, that will be remaining in the OFF position.

The other thing has to do with the interior. The doors sills are both wide and high. Plus they are clad in our favorite GM hard plastic so I can see the scuff and scratches in the future.

Things I wish were better;

• V button should toggle you back to the mode you were in when you pressed it not to Tour mode.
  • Tour mode should come with automatic rev-matching as standard.
  • Give some indicator in the HUD or Dash that hill start or hold is activated, nothing is worse than when you expect it to come on and it doesn't OR you don't think it's on and you have to give it the beans to overcome it.
  • 1st gear from a stop is hard to predict because the car tries to help you, either do or don't but be consistent.
  • Increase the speed at which parking sensors become active, I find I'm moving too quickly in some parking scenarios that they don't come on as soon as I would like.
  • I really wish the passenger seat had memory as well.
  • Phone takes a while to connect to the car on start up, truly picking nits on this one.
  • An Interior intrusion sensor would have been nice on this car as well.
  • The capless gas fill doesn't play nicely with all gas pump nozzles.
  • There needs to be a performance page on the infotainment screen with the balance of the gauges that can't be selected from the tiles on the dash.

• V button should toggle you back to the mode you were in when you pressed it not to Tour mode.
  • Give some indicator in the HUD or Dash that hill start or hold is activated, nothing is worse than when you expect it to come on and it doesn't OR you don't think it's on and you have to give it the beans to overcome it.
  • 1st gear from a stop is hard to predict because the car tries to help you, either do or don't but be consistent.
  • Increase the speed at which parking sensors become active, I find I'm moving too quickly in some parking scenarios that they don't come on as soon as I would like.
  • Phone takes a while to connect to the car on start up, truly picking nits on this one.
  • There needs to be a performance page on the infotainment screen with the balance of the gauges that can't be selected from the tiles on the dash.
The bit about 1st from a stop being inconsistent and unpredictable was interesting. Can you disable the assistance?

The bit about 1st from a stop being inconsistent and unpredictable was interesting. Can you disable the assistance?
Unfortunately no, I think it really is that the car is smarter than any manual I'm used to driving. Ie it knows when it's on a hill, or turning . It gives revs to pull off based on a number of factors and I'm used to a car only ever responding exactly the same way so in a way it's more engaging because of the two way interactions and it takes some getting used to.

I 100% agree with these. I didn't even think of the last one, but that would be awesome if we could do that.

With the V button, don't know if anyone else is like me, but 99.5% of my driving is in V mode. I start the car up, hit the V button, and off I go. I wish there was a way to just leave it in V mode all the time.

I 100% agree with these. I didn't even think of the last one, but that would be awesome if we could do that.

With the V button, don't know if anyone else is like me, but 99.5% of my driving is in V mode. I start the car up, hit the V button, and off I go. I wish there was a way to just leave it in V mode all the time.
Rather than hitting V Mode at each start, set up your My Mode to your preferred exhaust, steering, suspension, etc. and the car will keep those settings.

Yes, the gas pump frustration is near the top of my list.

Rather than hitting V Mode at each start, set up your My Mode to your preferred exhaust, steering, suspension, etc. and the car will keep those settings.
I have My Mode set with everything throttled down for neighborhood driving (I wake up way early most AM's and don't want to wake the neighbors... something I was unaware was happening until about a year after my SS was gone!)

Totally agree with you about that height stagger between the brake and throttle. Brake pedal is too high. I can deal with the spacing between the two pedals as some of my race cars are setup so it’s more of a roll of the ball of my foot, lateral aspect blipping the throttle, rather than a true pigeon toed ball of foot on brake with a heel blip. But, in everyday traffic I‘m not deep enough into the brake pedal travel to roll my foot. I was going to ask the dealer if height can be adjusted since it’s a brake-by-wire system. Also, that damned center console. I guess that pad is fine for the auto trans cars, but it’s kind of a pain with my manual box because my elbow/arm is higher than my wrist and I‘m not used to that. I‘m going to have the parts department order me a compartment cover, send it to a fabricator, and have a [relatively] flat one made out of carbon fiber or aluminum (anodized). I open-palm shift so the 2-to-3 and 4-to-5 is a whole arm kinda thing.
My biggest annoyance is that I can't heel-toe smoothly in everyday driving due to the difference in height between brake and accelerator pedals. Anyone know if it's possible to adjust the pedals at all?

The garage door opener buttons aren’t lit. It becomes a braille exercise at night.
...except there are no braille markings on them, LOL. I do find that a little annoying as well.

Guess this is Caddy and not 4BW specific - but we have to pay to maintain satnav? I just had something pop up on the screen to say mine is running out.
Pay for Sirius ya sure, take it or leave it... satnav? Nickle and dime you on a not cheap car?
Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Guess this is Caddy and not 4BW specific - but we have to pay to maintain satnav? I just had something pop up on the screen to say mine is running out.
Pay for Sirius ya sure, take it or leave it... satnav? Nickle and dime you on a not cheap car?
I think it's just to get live traffic data but nav itself will still work.

THIS!!! No Onstar and you lose features in both the nav (live gas pricing for example and traffic) and also you lose feature from the App. I think it sucks you spend $100K and only get the features for 90 days. Really? Again, I have all those features FREE for five years on my Expedition. I'm tired of being nickeled and dimed for everything from everyone anymore. Where does it all stop? 20 bucks a month here, 45 bucks there, on and on. It all adds up.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back