Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What "don't" you like about your BW"?

Go to Rennlist and see the 911 owners getting all bitched up about stuff in their 170k+ 992 and 300k GT3 and GT3 RS forums. The issues with cracked lightweight glass, dead li batteries and more. The BW has a few annoying nits, but the motor, chassis and transmission are fine.

RTMOP: It appears that I am, as many have suspected, a moron. The car does have a blind spot monitor (optional on lesser models) it's just that the driver failed to notice the little illuminated yellow symbols until yesterday afternoon.

Doh!

I think it's a testament to just how good these cars are, that almost all of our complaints are directed toward things that do not directly reflect on the actual driving experience. Compare that to, say, the BMW M forum, where there are constant complaints about the steering, the shifter, the clutch, etc. Although rarely do you read a complaint about paint or body panel fitment. Or interior quality. But for most of us, I suspect, it's about the drive.

It is all about the drive for me. Great chassis, well tuned magnetic dampers, Tremec 6-speed. Add some nice styling at a fair price and I am sold. I have a no option 4BW with M6, love it. It is the more practical, easier to live with Camaro for me. Performs like a Camaro SS 1LE.

Honestly the only thing I don't love about my 4 is the turn signal stalk. It feels very cheap and in particular if I am manually returning it to "neutral." Like if you have it on for a turn and then you want to turn the blinker off before it automatically turns off, that does not feel like a quality interaction, lol. The stalks in my 2013 CTS-V are waaayyy nicer. Pretty minor thing in the end, but an oddly cheap feeling component that you do touch quite a bit.

I was at a stoplight today waiting to make a turn, admiring the front end of the car in the reflection of the bumper of the car in front of me, and I noticed that the turn signal light did not match the turn signal indication in the interior, both on the gauge cluster and the auditory indicator. Seemed to me like the light was a half second earlier at changing states than the interior indication. This is absolutely insignificant but it was enough for me to say "C'mon!"

My 19 SS w the A10 popped off shifts insanely fast. Coming from the A8 it was mindblowing how fast it shifted. It’s like a pop, pop, pop through the gears.

The A10 in my 4BW it holds the gears almost to redline and scares the shit outta me lol. It doesn’t fire off the shifts the same. It holds them much much longer as opposed to blasting through the gears like a machine gun. Must be very different tunes based off the motors
If you're in Track mode, the shifts occur faster. Don

I was at a stoplight today waiting to make a turn, admiring the front end of the car in the reflection of the bumper of the car in front of me, and I noticed that the turn signal light did not match the turn signal indication in the interior, both on the gauge cluster and the auditory indicator. Seemed to me like the light was a half second earlier at changing states than the interior indication. This is absolutely insignificant but it was enough for me to say "C'mon!"
I noticed that too - they're simply not synchonized. Doesn't bother me. I also noticed yesterday that if you put the hazards on, at some point they stop ticking inside the car. Kind of nice for those periods when you have to sit and wait with the hazards on.

My 4BW is now 6 months old. It's my daily, and only vehicle. Also my first RWD, 300+ HP, 65K+ car.

Here it goes:
  1. Back seats are too small for a car this large.
  2. Wish it were lighter.
  3. Why does GM love chrome? Just like piano black...I really dislike it.
  4. Turning radius.
  5. As a daily around town, can be frustrating reigning it in. (I could just rip my GTI around town without having to worry about getting myself into trouble with the police or driving it off the road.)
That's all worth mentioning

My house is on a corner at a "T" intersection. I hate that I can't come down the street and make a complete "U" turn to park in front my house. The turning radius is my biggest pet peeve.

Turning radius
No heated rear seats
No adaptive front headlamps
They could get rid of that stupid huge dial in the center console..it's redundant and useless

The auto trans hiccups once in a while. Today I was paddle shifting and it cut power for a split second too long. Enough to make the car dip. Similar thing happened at spring mountain but I thought it was because the car was old.

My house is on a corner at a "T" intersection. I hate that I can't come down the street and make a complete "U" turn to park in front my house. The turning radius is my biggest pet peeve.
I'm so glad it has a ton of cameras because it truly is a major pain. I've even had to make a 3-point turn to turn around in a cul-de-sac!

The auto trans hiccups once in a while. Today I was paddle shifting and it cut power for a split second too long. Enough to make the car dip. Similar thing happened at spring mountain but I thought it was because the car was old.

The only time I experienced that was once in my 5 and once at SM in the 4 when I hit the rev limiter. My fault both times, not the car.

I'm about 1100 miles in on my 5BW, MT. I've got 3 items:
  • Headlights (I'm 52). For me, I can specify it's a borderline (serious) safety issue in rain and with on-coming traffic--even worse when it's new asphalt (black) pavement; simply we are WAY OUTGUNNED in candelas--and so it's like we our cars have no lights at all (as our eyes adapt to everything in the surrounding area that is brighter).
  • Too many 'options' in the 'driver information screen' that is controlled by the steering wheel controls. The quick start guide shows that the scope of the menu 'should' be selectable (which would be great), but my belief is the BW cars (for some reason) have been programmed to have NO selectable attributes--and we are relegated to 'scrolling hell'.
  • The loss of the option to do 'WIRED CARPLAY ONLY'. My phone annoyingly steps in-and-out of being connected (wirelessly) to CarPlay. And since, I really like the GM infotainment system--and if I'm listening to SAT Radio--I'd much prefer to have my phone function as a Bluetooth device only.
Full admission that I have NOT completed my RTM obligation; so maybe my last two points will end up getting solved.

I'm about 1100 miles in on my 5BW, MT. I've got 3 items:
  • Too many 'options' in the 'driver information screen' that is controlled by the steering wheel controls. The quick start guide shows that the scope of the menu 'should' be selectable (which would be great), but my belief is the BW cars (for some reason) have been programmed to have NO selectable attributes--and we are relegated to 'scrolling hell'.
  • The loss of the option to do 'WIRED CARPLAY ONLY'. My phone annoyingly steps in-and-out of being connected (wirelessly) to CarPlay. And since, I really like the GM infotainment system--and if I'm listening to SAT Radio--I'd much prefer to have my phone function as a Bluetooth device only.
Full admission that I have NOT completed my RTM obligation; so maybe my last two points will end up getting solved.

You can fix both of these. There is a "minimal" screen for the dash.

And delete your phone and re-pair it, it will ask if you wish to not have carplay come on everytime.

Reading this thread is an interesting change of perspective. My 4BW is the most "soft" and "plush" car I've ever owned (my last purchase was an Alfa 4C), so I feel like I'm in a spaceship with all these features, rather than looking for the sunglasses holder.

I will say the one thing that bothers me thus far is the circular notification icon on the infotainment display. I generally leave the screen off, but the notification icon always persists with 2 or 3 notifications indicated. They're always for the automatic PDR recording and SD card, so I wish there was a way to permanently silence them instead of learning to ignore the notification icon altogether.

With the rev match turned on, I get pretty aggressive throttle blips when I shift into neutral. Anyone figure out how to avoid this (other than being a better driver and not using rev match) ?
I've found this to be caused by shifter centering. If you shift into neutral and do the old "wiggle" to check, it'll blip the throttle. If you shift into neutral without moving the shifter, then no blip.

Reading this thread is an interesting change of perspective. My 4BW is the most "soft" and "plush" car I've ever owned (my last purchase was an Alfa 4C), so I feel like I'm in a spaceship with all these features, rather than looking for the sunglasses holder.

I will say the one thing that bothers me thus far is the circular notification icon on the infotainment display. I generally leave the screen off, but the notification icon always persists with 2 or 3 notifications indicated. They're always for the automatic PDR recording and SD card, so I wish there was a way to permanently silence them instead of learning to ignore the notification icon altogether.

I've found this to be caused by shifter centering. If you shift into neutral and do the old "wiggle" to check, it'll blip the throttle. If you shift into neutral without moving the shifter, then no blip.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to more 'gently' shift into neutral and have seen that make a difference and not cause a blip. I was theorizing that multiple factors such as RPM and maybe even some sort of shifting sensor in the linkage may make the car think you're doing an aggressive downshift vs just going to neutral.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back