Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

This Was Unexpected - New CT5-V Blackwing in Rift Metallic

Rolfe.oliver

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi all,

I didn't see this coming. We were planning to order a 5 BW soon. During talks with our dealer we were offered an allocation for the rare matte paint - we passed. While we would've ordered one, we did not want to place an order during a time where CB1 and CB2 plus carbon-back seats are virtually impossible to get.

Fast forward about 45 minutes, our dealer says they just got a custom order car delivered and the buyer is flaking. Turns out he wanted a crazy trade valuation and walked from the deal. We took the car. No wait. Car is already here.

The original buyer checked almost every box. 6-speed. High-performance carbon seats with black quilted leather. Suede wheel and shifter. Rift metallic. CB1 and CB2. Bronze wheels. PDR and moonroof.

I guess this is my way of an unexpected introduction! Car is getting picked up tomorrow and I will immediately do a full paint correction. What is the consensus on PPF and paint conditions on the RM cars?

Lastly, any comfort complaints with the high performance seats? No going back now, but want to hear peoples' thoughts.

Attachments

• tempImageRmsHXH.png
    tempImageRmsHXH.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 307
  • tempImageLxOUM5.png
    tempImageLxOUM5.png
    12.4 MB · Views: 228
  • tempImages1VODl.png
    tempImages1VODl.png
    11.5 MB · Views: 297
  • 2022C1B4-314C-4D93-B0FB-CD00FAF6CCBE_1_201_a.jpeg
    2022C1B4-314C-4D93-B0FB-CD00FAF6CCBE_1_201_a.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 318
I can't answer any of your questions as I have a 4BW in Wave metallic, but I can say that you got very, very lucky with timing, as a similar spec would have either taken 6-12 months to order. Only having to wait 45 minutes and entirely bypassing the goat rodeo makes my head explode!

Congrats on the new car and welcome!

48k in options, wowza. What "year" is this car of the 120 year anniversary editions? As for the seats, I love the high performance seats. I have the suede seatbacks, but I think the actual seat is the same comfort/performance wise as the CF seat. Only complaint is the headrest doesn't move, so with a helmet and HANS on, they dig into the headrest.

Last edited:
I find the performance seats comfortable enough and I'm not small...I'm 5'11" and was about 260lbs when I bought the car and managed to squeeze into the seats fine (had all bolsters at max setting of course) and they held well on the track. I've lost 20+ lbs so far and the seats feel just about the same (and felt the same when they were from Recaro on the V3.)

There is a reason surgeons mark the body part to have surgery prior too. You should mark the window sticker versus car picture as well! Just to make sure! ;)

I'm still looking for tow hooks! Good luck sir!

My detailer found a few low points of zero paint along with some black specs that could have come from rail dust. The end result was perfection for my eyes but I'm no expert. Congrats on completely missing the rodeo. I'm sure you've made a few people's head explode today because of it.

ETA: <----part of #riftgang

Winner, winner, chicken, dinner, I guess! Over $17,000 for the 120th year anniversary and the special calendar year plaque????. That hurts my butt just thinking about it but it’s a beautiful car, no doubt……enjoy!!!

Hi all,

I didn't see this coming. We were planning to order a 5 BW soon. During talks with our dealer we were offered an allocation for the rare matte paint - we passed. While we would've ordered one, we did not want to place an order during a time where CB1 and CB2 plus carbon-back seats are virtually impossible to get.

Fast forward about 45 minutes, our dealer says they just got a custom order car delivered and the buyer is flaking. Turns out he wanted a crazy trade valuation and walked from the deal. We took the car. No wait. Car is already here.

The original buyer checked almost every box. 6-speed. High-performance carbon seats with black quilted leather. Suede wheel and shifter. Rift metallic. CB1 and CB2. Bronze wheels. PDR and moonroof.

I guess this is my way of an unexpected introduction! Car is getting picked up tomorrow and I will immediately do a full paint correction. What is the consensus on PPF and paint conditions on the RM cars?

Lastly, any comfort complaints with the high performance seats? No going back now, but want to hear peoples' thoughts.
Congratulations! Wait, the window sticker says Radiant Red not Rift?

Thanks to all for the kind words. I mistakenly attached the window sticker for a used BW we were looking at out west. Thanks for the keen eyes - good thing I'm no doctor.

Here are some more pics and the correct window sticker. Upon further inspection, looks like we only have CB1 - no big deal as CB2 is much more minor. From what I've read and heard, carbon fiber is essential unobtanium right now. We got very lucky

Attachments

• tempImagehzZk72.png
    tempImagehzZk72.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 202
  • tempImageg4v5bi.png
    tempImageg4v5bi.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 241
  • tempImagelx7aYn.png
    tempImagelx7aYn.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 235
  • tempImageuC6ZRn.png
    tempImageuC6ZRn.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 232
  • tempImageslf5zz.png
    tempImageslf5zz.png
    12 MB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Thanks to all for the kind words. I mistakenly attached the window sticker for a used BW we were looking at out west. Thanks for the keen eyes - good thing I'm no doctor.

Here are some more pics and the correct window sticker. Upon further inspection, looks like we only have CB1 - no big deal as CB2 is much more minor. From what I've read and heard, carbon fiber is essential unobtanium right now. We got very lucky
Congratulations! best of luck! Enjoy her, its a fantastic car.

Hi all,

Good call. You know what they say....
Blackwing in hand is worth two in the goat pen.

That looks arctic to me...
Definitely does look artic. Other photos of the rift cars against the snow make the gray hue of rift stand out a lot more than it does here. But the sticker does say rift. Congrats. Definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time. Enjoy!

Love the glass delivery cocoon! Congrats OP!!

If I get my car next week like the dealer says, it will be 5 months exactly from hitting the enter key on the order to rowing gears. I won't say that I liked the wait, but I can say that gave my wife plenty of time to come to grips with writing a $106,000 check!

Seriously though, I really don't mind a bit of a lead time between the decision to buy and delivery as a dealer stock purchase can be a bit overwhelming when it happens all in one day. Second guessing starts to creep in which steals from the fun of the process.

Huge congrats! My car is nearly the same, and I love it. On the seats, they are the best available. I owned the lower mid grade seat too, and for me, these semi-aniline seats are more comfortable. The leather definitely feels nicer.

Welcome to the Rift Gang!!

Dude..... you should play the lottery, like NOW ! Amazing how this deal unfolded for you and the options you were able to obtain, good for you man! CONGRATS and best of luck!

I would say lucky is an understatement. Congratulations and good luck with it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners