Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Washer fluid smell

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I have recently been thinking about some general attributes of each model.

CT4-V Blackwing points for me:
- seemingly more nimble and "easier" to drive
- more need for manual shifting compared to the 5, a very good thing
- an interior reasonably matched to the MSRP of the car
- the motor seems a bit dated

CT5-V Blackwing points for me:
- LT4 with an exhaust note beyond compare.
- the car seems destined to be much more iconic than the 4 and most any other modern car
- aesthetics... completely subjective, but I prefer both the front and the back of the 5.
- the interior does not feel on par with the rest of the car. Yes, I get that the emphasis is driving experience and performance, but I would have preferred Cadillac create a special interior for the baddest Blackwing model, even if it added 10k to the MSRP.

I ordered a CT5-V BW locally in September. I smartened up a few months later and ordered another from Sewell, where my order is still not accepted but definitely heading in the right direction. And I recently secured a completed CT4-V BW that is just awaiting a transfer to the dealer. It should arrive soon and I expect it will be a lot of fun to drive. Could it make me forget about the 5? I highly doubt that, but it will be rewarding to finally hit the road in a Blackwing.

I have recently been thinking about some general attributes of each model.

CT4-V Blackwing points for me:
- seemingly more nimble and "easier" to drive
- more need for manual shifting compared to the 5, a very good thing
- an interior reasonably matched to the MSRP of the car
- the motor seems a bit dated

CT5-V Blackwing points for me:
- LT4 with an exhaust note beyond compare.
- the car seems destined to be much more iconic than the 4 and most any other modern car
- aesthetics... completely subjective, but I prefer both the front and the back of the 5.
- the interior does not feel on par with the rest of the car. Yes, I get that the emphasis is driving experience and performance, but I would have preferred Cadillac create a special interior for the baddest Blackwing model, even if it added 10k to the MSRP.

I ordered a CT5-V BW locally in September. I smartened up a few months later and ordered another from Sewell, where my order is still not accepted but definitely heading in the right direction. And I recently secured a completed CT4-V BW that is just awaiting a transfer to the dealer. It should arrive soon and I expect it will be a lot of fun to drive. Could it make me forget about the 5? I highly doubt that, but it will be rewarding to finally hit the road in a Blackwing.
Great summary - pretty much my thoughts as well (caveat: I've never driven either, but just from reading the press, posts on this forum, watching YouTube videos, etc.)

One additional thing about the 5 is the back seats are much more spacious. Wouldn't have mattered a few years ago, but does now that I have a kid and aging parents.

I have owned an E39 M5 and later an E90 M3 (manual sedan), which are sort of similar to CT5 vs. CT4 except that the E90 M3 actually outperforms the bigger, older brother since it was 10 years newer. However, despite the E90 driving better and just being more of a sports car than the E39 M5, I have to say I just enjoyed the E39 a little more. I think it comes down to torque, comfort, elegance... the older M5 just feels badass, composed, and equipped for any situation vs. the more nimble M3.

Despite the M3's screaming 8400rpm redline, the M5 just had a little more character and... what's the word... swag. The M3 was like a pro athlete while the M5 was more like James Bond with some extra muscle. It has immense capabilities but doesn't have to prove it.

That's why I'm going for the 5 - that and the back seat/trunk space, oh and resale I suppose although I plan on keeping it indefinitely. Attitude matters. It seems like the 4 is a better driving car, but the 5 makes you giggle more. In a much more extreme example, a Shelby Cobra must drive like garbage next to a modern sports car, but will also probably stir more laughter, intimidation, and other fun emotions. Also, TBH I have a Lotus Elise so I'm not taking my "family sedan" on a lot of lonely backroad blasts, so the extra torque, space, engine sound and lack of turbos are appreciated in daily use.

Last edited:
Don't know how the resale value on the 4 will be, but yea the 5 will definitely win any resale value between the two. Luckily my wife's side of the family is on the shorter side, so the 4 will be perfect for us.

I bought the ct4 because I'm poor. 😅 Would love a ct5 bw with the lt4 personally.
Also buying a 4BW. I mean if you wanted 700hp for your budget, you could always get a Hellcat. Even when I was looking at Dodge, I was only interested in the 392 Wide body even though the Hellcat version is cheaper than a 4BW.

That's unfortunate you'll always be pining for a 5BW. I don't see the point in spending $60-$80k and not feeling 100% satisfied with that decision.

Also buying a 4BW. I mean if you wanted 700hp for your budget, you could always get a Hellcat. Even when I was looking at Dodge, I was only interested in the 392 Wide body even though the Hellcat version is cheaper than a 4BW.

That's unfortunate you'll always be pining for a 5BW. I don't see the point in spending $60-$80k and not feeling 100% satisfied with that decision.
I currently have Durango Hellcat but I'm still excited about getting CT5-BW allocation. Though to tell you the truth it will be difficult to let Hellrango go when CT5 arrives

Bought a 4BW. Having lived with it now for a week and at only 350 miles it is exactly what I was looking for. Yes, it's a little smaller coming from a CTS V-sport, does not have a V8, etc. For me it just works. It has the personality I wanted. I think the motor and chassis are great, the sound is great, the seats are great, sound system is fine, etc. As expected, it seems the 4 and the 5 have different personalities. Having had M3's, Z06 Vettes, SS Camaros, 944's, various road racing cars I get the unique things of each of those cars. The CT4 fits me now. No regrets and not pining for a CT5. Glad Cadillac is offering us options and two great cars to pick from!

Tony Roma said it best, the 4 is a scalpel and the 5 is a sledgehammer.... As most of you know I love my 4 and drive it more than the 5... I'm just blessed to have both but the 4 is just bad ass! On a side note I pulled/walked a middle 90's trans am last night at 110... He pulled up and dropped 2 gears so I gave him the sauce... I thought he was going to blow up with the amount of smoke coming from that thing after I came out of the throttle and slowed down..

Tony Roma said it best, the 4 is a scalpel and the 5 is a sledgehammer.... As most of you know I love my 4 and drive it more than the 5... I'm just blessed to have both but the 4 is just bad ass! On a side note I pulled/walked a middle 90's trans am last night at 110... He pulled up and dropped 2 gears so I gave him the sauce... I thought he was going to blow up with the amount of smoke coming from that thing after I came out of the throttle and slowed down..
I think your right about the 4 is a scalpel and the 5 is a sledgehammer... The 4 is a lot of fun to drive but when you really need the muscle, the 5 is there for you. I'm glad I have both. The 4 is my daily driver and my 5 is the weekends.
Both will be sitting for a while; surgery date is coming soon.

I think your right about the 4 is a scalpel and the 5 is a sledgehammer... The 4 is a lot of fun to drive but when you really need the muscle, the 5 is there for you. I'm glad I have both. The 4 is my daily driver and my 5 is the weekends.
Both will be sitting for a while; surgery date is coming soon.
Tom, best of luck...And just make sure your surgeon uses a 4 and not a 5😉

I have both as well. For zipping around town, the 4 is more fun. For highway driving the 5 wins hands down to me. Im not a fan of the exhaust note on the 4 though. My 5 has about 3200 miles now and the 4 has about 600 miles. The 5 is mine and the 4 is my wifes daily. The seats are very similar ( both of mine have top of the line seats) the 5 is easier to get into and out of. Wish the 4 sunroof shade wasnt manual though. There is nothing like stabbing the gas on the highway in the 5 and seeing triple digits very quickly! Aesthetically i like the 4 exterior lines better than the 5 on the front, i like the rear better on the 5. Trunk space and rear seat room is definitely smaller on the 4. I have been to spring mountain with the 5 but not the 4 so i dont have 1st hand experience on track difference. Fuel mileage is better on the 4, alrhough i did get 25.2 mpg on the 5 yesterday on my trip from austin to houston. I had 2 previous Vs (2011 and 2018) that were both making around 630 rwhp and both ran 10.50 qtr mile times so the 4 feels pretty slow to me ! The 5 feels similar on the top end to my previous. Both blackwings handle awesome, with the 4 being more nimble and steering is a little easier due to the weight difference. Good luck!

I have both as well. For zipping around town, the 4 is more fun. For highway driving the 5 wins hands down to me. Im not a fan of the exhaust note on the 4 though. My 5 has about 3200 miles now and the 4 has about 600 miles. The 5 is mine and the 4 is my wifes daily. The seats are very similar ( both of mine have top of the line seats) the 5 is easier to get into and out of. Wish the 4 sunroof shade wasnt manual though. There is nothing like stabbing the gas on the highway in the 5 and seeing triple digits very quickly! Aesthetically i like the 4 exterior lines better than the 5 on the front, i like the rear better on the 5. Trunk space and rear seat room is definitely smaller on the 4. I have been to spring mountain with the 5 but not the 4 so i dont have 1st hand experience on track difference. Fuel mileage is better on the 4, alrhough i did get 25.2 mpg on the 5 yesterday on my trip from austin to houston. I had 2 previous Vs (2011 and 2018) that were both making around 630 rwhp and both ran 10.50 qtr mile times so the 4 feels pretty slow to me ! The 5 feels similar on the top end to my previous. Both blackwings handle awesome, with the 4 being more nimble and steering is a little easier due to the weight difference. Good luck!
What about the windshield wiper fluid? Is that awesome or what??????? Hahahahahahahahaha!

What about the windshield wiper fluid? Is that awesome or what??????? Hahahahahahahahaha

Yes the washer fluid smell is amazing in both blackwings but not on my 22 gmc sierra! Lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back