Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V1 Story - Darth V

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
Thought I'd get a thread started here.

I was the proud owner of a 2004 CTS V until late 2010 when I bought my 2011 V Wagon. My first V was black on black and I bought it "used" with just over 400 miles on it. Seems the original owner in California didn't like the car and had GM buy it back. His loss, my gain.

I tagged it DARTH V - why not it was a black V and rather sinister looking. I was not thinking about the Darth Vader connection when I first got it and hadn't decided on the personalized plate yet. Three months into the ownership, the wife and I went to the movies to see STAR WARS III which featured the beginning of Darth Vader at the end of the movie. After the movie was over, we went to the lobby only to find that it was hailing golf ball size stuff outside. The V was pummelled. I was sick. 10 days in the hospital and it looked good as new. That got the Darth Vader connection going.

I really enjoyed the V1. Biggest complaint was the poor tire life with the GY F1 SuperCar tires. Replaced them with GY F1 GS D3 EMTs and was pretty happy. The only other issue I ever had was with the differential bushing that hold the pumpkin in place. $75 bushing and $400 labor charger to make it stop thumping.

There was the issue with wheel hop, especially with the SuperCar tires - not so much with the D3 tires. I learned not to hard launch it as I never really needed to drive it that way.

What's your V1 stories?

What is the best tire to use, my car is at 570whp.

Thought I'd get a thread started here.

I was the proud owner of a 2004 CTS V until late 2010 when I bought my 2011 V Wagon. My first V was black on black and I bought it "used" with just over 400 miles on it. Seems the original owner in California didn't like the car and had GM buy it back. His loss, my gain.

I tagged it DARTH V - why not it was a black V and rather sinister looking. I was not thinking about the Darth Vader connection when I first got it and hadn't decided on the personalized plate yet. Three months into the ownership, the wife and I went to the movies to see STAR WARS III which featured the beginning of Darth Vader at the end of the movie. After the movie was over, we went to the lobby only to find that it was hailing golf ball size stuff outside. The V was pummelled. I was sick. 10 days in the hospital and it looked good as new. That got the Darth Vader connection going.

I really enjoyed the V1. Biggest complaint was the poor tire life with the GY F1 SuperCar tires. Replaced them with GY F1 GS D3 EMTs and was pretty happy. The only other issue I ever had was with the differential bushing that hold the pumpkin in place. $75 bushing and $400 labor charger to make it stop thumping.

There was the issue with wheel hop, especially with the SuperCar tires - not so much with the D3 tires. I learned not to hard launch it as I never really needed to drive it that way.

What's your V1 stories?

I've read a lot of good things and comments from other CTS-V owners about Bridgestone's RE-11. I just ordered a set for my 2011 CTS-V Coupe, expect them to be in this week and mounted on a set of OEM Graphite wheels I picked up pretty cheap. I'll let you know in the coming months what I think of them, as the weather in Chicagoland hasn't exactly been the best for hi-performance driving yet!!:lol::lol:

What is the best tire to use, my car is at 570whp.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back