Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

V car build status

Yes but random picking a dealsr might be just starting with same failed orgsnization. Looking for a dealer recomendation
There is a sticky thread at the top of the forum that is full of them.

@1StunnaV also has a thread going for people looking.

What can a dealer show me to prove that that they have an allocaton allocation available if they say that they have several available now?

What can a dealer show me to prove that that they have an allocaton allocation available if they say that they have several available now?
It’s my understanding that an allocation must be filled with an order the same week that it’s received or it will be forfeited.

If your dealing with someone you can’t trust to tell you the truth maybe it’s time to move on.

Once it is accepted, the event code will move past 1100. The Cadillac chat bot will tell you if it has been accepted and what is next.

How do i get to the caddillac chat bot?
Do you have the order number from your dealer yet? From there it is going to the cadillac.com website and using the chatbot in the bottom right and typing order status.

5 weeks since i dropped off a $1000 check...nothing
Dude, go somewhere else. I can understand wanting to try and stay local but, how bad do you want to be in the goat rodeo? Right now you're just watching. Get in it broski!

Do you have the order number from your dealer yet? From there it is going to the cadillac.com website and using the chatbot in the bottom right and typing order status.
Ok pulled the plug on dealer 1. Got deposit back. Going to dealer 2 and starting over. Never got orderv # from dealer 1 dealer1 is. In daytona besch.

Ok pulled the plug on dealer 1. Got deposit back. Going to dealer 2 and starting over. Never got orderv # from dealer 1 dealer1 is. In daytona besch.
Not that an order # is the be all and end all because you can certainly get an order # quite easily but, without an allocation...

How many times have you visited your sales person since your initial contact? I went to see my guy once a month until I got my car. My philosophy is to get to know people at the dealership and keep my face fresh in their minds.
I visited dealer 1 aboit 7 times.

How can dealers control the allocations? If say, they have one allocation and 3 orders in workbench can they be certain GM will pick the one with the oldest date? Assuming no current restrictions. What if GM picked the wrong order and the guy waiting the longest was passed over? Dealers orders only get put into production once they have received an allocation.

How can dealers control the allocations? If say, they have one allocation and 3 orders in workbench can they be certain GM will pick the one with the oldest date? Assuming no current restrictions. What if GM picked the wrong order and the guy waiting the longest was passed over? Dealers orders only get put into production once they have received an allocation.
The only way to get answers is by speaking goat.

As I understand it, the dealer pairs an order they have to the GM allocation. So, it would be the dealer's discretion to use the allocation as they deem fit. This means they could use an allocation to order a dealer stock car and not use it on a customer order. Seems unscrupulous, but I believe it has happened. The flip side is if there are constraints on items on the customer order and none on what they wanted to order for stock. In that case, they could be justified to do the stock order. However, they should first contact the customer to see if they wanted to change anything on the order to comply with the current constraint(s). Some people have standing orders with the dealer that they will not change anything if constraints make their build unavailable. In that case, another order (stock or customer) is considered for acceptance.

We just ordered a 4BW. Dealer quoted us 3-4 months for Radiant Red, 6M, Sport buckets, sunroof. I don't mind since we can now avoid winter and save more cash. It's been a pleasant experience so far. A salesperson handed us keys to a 10A (only 4BW they had) and told us to take it for a spin; didn't ask for ID, proof of insurance, key to our car, etc.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back