Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Upcoming After Market Exhausts for CT5 BW

CT5-V Model

KratosBear

Seasoned Member
I have confirmed the following companies will be producing aftermarket exhaust for the CT5 Blackwing:

1. Corsa
2. MagnaFlow
3. AWE

Not sure of any other companies (i.e., Borla, etc.) but Corsa and MagnaFlow told me by August or sooner.

Can’t wait to have options.

I just watched a clip on YouTube over Maganflow’s axel back. Sounds killer. Probably a lot more wallet friendly vs the corsa. Love the round tips too! Can’t wait to see the price on it and dyno numbers.

Does anyone know how the ZL1’s have responded to axelbacks and catbacks? Any reasonable gains?

S
I just watched a clip on YouTube over Maganflow’s axel back. Sounds killer. Probably a lot more wallet friendly vs the corsa. Love the round tips too! Can’t wait to see the price on it and dyno numbers.

Does anyone know how the ZL1’s have responded to axelbacks and catbacks? Any reasonable gains?
Saw this video as well, but it sounds like this was a custom setup pieced system and install with no plans of mass production. I emailed Magnaflow and am awaiting their response. Sounds KILLER.

S

Saw this video as well, but it sounds like this was a custom setup pieced system and install with no plans of mass production. I emailed Magnaflow and am awaiting their response. Sounds KILLER.

This System doesn’t look too hard to piece together. The MF guy gives a pretty detailed description on the mufflers and you can see the one they used at the end. The valves are installed on the inner tailpipe. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to cut out the suitcase muffler and do this setup. I’m going to research some pricing on the muffler. I’m
guessing it’s 3” in and 2.25 dual out. I’ll have to rewatch the clip to see if he gives the out diameter.

This System doesn’t look too hard to piece together. The MF guy gives a pretty detailed description on the mufflers and you can see the one they used at the end. The valves are installed on the inner tailpipe. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to cut out the suitcase muffler and do this setup. I’m going to research some pricing on the muffler. I’m
guessing it’s 3” in and 2.25 dual out. I’ll have to rewatch the clip to see if he gives the out diameter.
Let us now what you find. I’m interested as well.

Let us now what you find. I’m interested as well.
Rewatched and they didn’t mention the outlet diameter. After a closer look, I’m thinking it’s dual 2.5” out. Even with that, MF doesn’t offer any of the mufflers shown in this clip for individual sale. The only thing on their site for single in dual out in any diameter is 18” in body length. None of those mufflers in that clip come close that measurement. I’m guessing 10-12 inch max body length? He did mention the Mustang line, so maybe they’re from a Mustang specific kit? Looks like I’ll be waiting to see what their response is to your message. Maybe they do release some sort of axle back soon. Also, it appears they used the 3rd muffler discussed in the clip since it is polished and has the offset inlet.
Dynomax is also an option. I’ll have to check their site to see what they offer and if they sell any short bodied single in dual out cans.

Last edited:
Rewatched and they didn’t mention the outlet diameter. After a closer look, I’m thinking it’s dual 2.5” out. Even with that, MF doesn’t offer any of the mufflers shown in this clip for individual sale. The only thing on their site for single in dual out in any diameter is 18” in body length. None of those mufflers in that clip come close that measurement. I’m guessing 10-12 inch max body length? He did mention the Mustang line, so maybe they’re from a Mustang specific kit? Looks like I’ll be waiting to see what their response is to your message. Maybe they do release some sort of axle back soon. Also, it appears they used the 3rd muffler discussed in the clip since it is polished and has the offset inlet.
Dynomax is also an option. I’ll have to check their site to see what they offer and if they sell any short bodied single in dual out cans.
MF was of zero help. Here was their response when I asked for part numbers to piece it together 🙄

“Unfortunately, because this was a 1 off build, we do not have the specs available for it. it was custom built, and muffler selected by our marketing director on the spot during the build.”

From what I can tell after some brief snooping their site, those mufflers are indeed s550 Mustang GT mufflers. The MF guy did mention they are based on their “Mustang line”. Even the tips look similar. Might get lucky combing eBay for a kit at a reduced price. Have a custom shop fab it up.
One could always go without mufflers. I suspect you may lose a little horsepower with reduced back pressure? Plus it would probably sound like ass.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners