Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Unfortunate new owner

Thunder20

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac ATS-V
Traded a 2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary edition for a 2018 ATS-V coupe, with auto last summer. Biggest mistake of my car-buying life, and maybe my life at all. My Mustang never saw the inside of a dealership, save for regular maintenance. My Chevy-with-lipstick (let's face it, that's all it is) on the other hand, lives at the dealership. Car only has 112,000KM on it ( a shade over 65,000 miles for those of you still living in the dark ages), and so far it's had 3 coil and plug kits, for a repeated misfire, shocks and struts all need to be replaced (conveniently NOT covered by the grossly expensive Cadillac Care extended warranty), and GM won't come to the party and honour their crappy product. The memory seat won't remember at startup and the Cadillac Cue is a joke. No heated steering wheel, blind spot indicators or cooled seats ( all standard on a 2015 Mustang Premium). The steering alternately wanders and freezes, so I never know if it going to turn, or will decide to keep turning (dealership having no success diagnosing OR fixing). All in all, pretty disappointing to say the least. The ONLY good thing about it is the engine, thanks to the good folks at GM St Catharines. I see now why they're rare...nobody was buying these sleds, so GM bailed out. I'd never recommend one, to ANYBODY, and I'm definitely never having another GM. My condolences to any of you reading who owns one of these hounds. You can't hardly give them away, no one wants them.

I always thought the canucks were nice people too. Heck of a first post. I guess we'll see you around.
I think he needs a hug, "zoomie" around?

Don't think I've ever wasted the energy to make an account for a forum just to shit-can a make and model of a vehicle.

You got a lemon man. It happens with any vehicle manufacturer. Sorry to hear that it's been rough but did you not drive it or take it to a local shop prior to buying it? I've never bought a performance car without my mechanic or a local mechanic running a bumper to bumper check on it.

Furthermore, sounds like you haven't done your research. Everyone knows CUE sucked. Everyone knows when mag-ride goes out it's expensive or time to upgrade shocks/struts. Cmon. Do better.

I think he needs a hug, "zoomie" around?
Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Traded a 2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary edition for a 2018 ATS-V coupe, with auto last summer. Biggest mistake of my car-buying life, and maybe my life at all. My Mustang never saw the inside of a dealership, save for regular maintenance. My Chevy-with-lipstick (let's face it, that's all it is) on the other hand, lives at the dealership. Car only has 112,000KM on it ( a shade over 65,000 miles for those of you still living in the dark ages), and so far it's had 3 coil and plug kits, for a repeated misfire, shocks and struts all need to be replaced (conveniently NOT covered by the grossly expensive Cadillac Care extended warranty), and GM won't come to the party and honour their crappy product. The memory seat won't remember at startup and the Cadillac Cue is a joke. No heated steering wheel, blind spot indicators or cooled seats ( all standard on a 2015 Mustang Premium). The steering alternately wanders and freezes, so I never know if it going to turn, or will decide to keep turning (dealership having no success diagnosing OR fixing). All in all, pretty disappointing to say the least. The ONLY good thing about it is the engine, thanks to the good folks at GM St Catharines. I see now why they're rare...nobody was buying these sleds, so GM bailed out. I'd never recommend one, to ANYBODY, and I'm definitely never having another GM. My condolences to any of you reading who owns one of these hounds. You can't hardly give them away, no one wants them.
amy poehler what GIF

I'm beginning to wonder if the OP happened to have any online videos of him leaving a chrome n coffee in his Ford? I've seen a zillion of them all ending the same way.

I always thought the canucks were nice people too. Heck of a first post. I guess we'll see you around.
First of all, I'm CANADIAN, not a Canuck. Secondly, so telling the truth on an owner's forum makes me not a nice person? Really?

Don't think I've ever wasted the energy to make an account for a forum just to shit-can a make and model of a vehicle.

You got a lemon man. It happens with any vehicle manufacturer. Sorry to hear that it's been rough but did you not drive it or take it to a local shop prior to buying it? I've never bought a performance car without my mechanic or a local mechanic running a bumper to bumper check on it.

Furthermore, sounds like you haven't done your research. Everyone knows CUE sucked. Everyone knows when mag-ride goes out it's expensive or time to upgrade shocks/struts. Cmon. Do better.
Hardly a waste of energy. Sorry if my telling the truth about these heaps gets in the way of you fanboys blowing sunshine up each other's asses, trying to convince yourselves that your cars aren't absolute junk. Of course I drove it first. Stupid question. That's how the GM dealership got stuck with the bill for tires and brakes all the way around. Over time, the thing started falling apart. Couldn't stand the strain of a bit of mileage apparently. Yes, CUE sucks (like rest of the car), but it's what it has, so until GM can compete with SYNC, I was forced to live with it. Whether the mag-ride is expensive or not, the actual point is, it should ever have failed to begin with, and definitely not after the little mileage it has. And further the extended warranty SHOULD have covered it. But like everything else GM does, it came up painfully short. Perhaps GM should "do better", ya think???

I'm beginning to wonder if the OP happened to have any online videos of him leaving a chrome n coffee in his Ford? I've seen a zillion of them all ending the same way.
My talent level assures that no mishaps occur, thanks

Call me ignorant, but I've only known it as a term of endearment... but what do I know, I'm just some Jersey trash.
So I looked it up and most sources concur with this description.
Screenshot_20230406_105847_Chrome.jpg

Welp, I guess we found an "individual"🤷‍♂️

I would never by a performance car that has over 50,000 miles on the odometer. You know that the car (depending on how many owners) , had the snot beat out of it. I would only buy if it was a 55+ year old retiree/one owner , garage kept, with records books. I've known Ferrari and Bentley owners who complained about their cars maintenance issues.

First of all, I'm CANADIAN, not a Canuck. Secondly, so telling the truth on an owner's forum makes me not a nice person? Really?
You were holding with you're grievance, fine? WTF?....The rest really is just wasted energy. Leave a door open. Good luck with the new ride. Im satisfied with my heap! Nothing's perfect.

Call me ignorant, but I've only known it as a term of endearment... but what do I know, I'm just some Jersey trash.
So I looked it up and most sources concur with this description.
View attachment 18170
Welp, I guess we found an "individual"🤷‍♂️
Feel better?? AND it's Wikipedia, so hardly accurate. But at the end of the day, the car is still shit, despite the denial all of you are apparently in. Good luck, you're all going to need it.

I would never by a performance car that has over 50,000 miles on the odometer. You know that the car (depending on how many owners) , had the snot beat out of it. I would only buy if it was a 55+ year old retiree/one owner , garage kept, with records books. I've known Ferrari and Bentley owners who complained about their cars maintenance issues.
I didn't buy it with 50K on it. I barely had 30K. Like I said, junk. Overpriced and overhyped at that.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back