Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Unfortunate new owner

Feel better?? AND it's Wikipedia, so hardly accurate. But at the end of the day, the car is still shit, despite the denial all of you are apparently in. Good luck, you're all going to need it.
eddie-murphy-hilarious.gif

Bua Bye
kim kardashian GIF

The difference between Blackwing owners and other performance enthusiasts (and between 4BW and 5BW owners for that matter) is in their personalities… in this particular case a lack of personality.

Traded a 2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary edition for a 2018 ATS-V coupe, with auto last summer. Biggest mistake of my car-buying life, and maybe my life at all. My Mustang never saw the inside of a dealership, save for regular maintenance. My Chevy-with-lipstick (let's face it, that's all it is) on the other hand, lives at the dealership. Car only has 112,000KM on it ( a shade over 65,000 miles for those of you still living in the dark ages), and so far it's had 3 coil and plug kits, for a repeated misfire, shocks and struts all need to be replaced (conveniently NOT covered by the grossly expensive Cadillac Care extended warranty), and GM won't come to the party and honour their crappy product. The memory seat won't remember at startup and the Cadillac Cue is a joke. No heated steering wheel, blind spot indicators or cooled seats ( all standard on a 2015 Mustang Premium). The steering alternately wanders and freezes, so I never know if it going to turn, or will decide to keep turning (dealership having no success diagnosing OR fixing). All in all, pretty disappointing to say the least. The ONLY good thing about it is the engine, thanks to the good folks at GM St Catharines. I see now why they're rare...nobody was buying these sleds, so GM bailed out. I'd never recommend one, to ANYBODY, and I'm definitely never having another GM. My condolences to any of you reading who owns one of these hounds. You can't hardly give them away, no one wants them.
Too bad you bought a used lemon. What I can tell you is that we have two ATS-V "sleds", and they will walk that Mustake GT. Just because you had bad luck, it doesn't mean everyone has the same experience. We have no trouble with any of our cars and they are both heavily modified.

Cars are like girlfriends. Sometimes you get good ones and sometimes horrible ones. And sometimes you get one that "shits the bed". Ask Johnny Depp.

I have owned many M cars, AMG cars, and S cars and I can say without a doubt, my ATS-Vs were the most fun cars to drive. I drove a V8 Mustang and the steering and interior were awful. The handling was so so and the acceleration was very good, but not pushing you in the seat fast. You probably bought a lemon of a car that was beaten on by an irresponsible owner or owners. My biggest complaint about my ATS-Vs was the transmission. The first to second gear shift was awful.

I almoost forgoot aboot this thread. This was fun guys.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back