Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Underhood plastic cover removal

DZnutz

Seasoned Member
Has anyone had any luck with removing this plastic top off over the cars positive connections?

Theres a single, easily accessible, release along the backside but the front of the cover quickly jams up and wont lift straight up. I can only assume theres another hidden release along the front somewhere that I cant see right now.

If anyone knows exactly where to apply pressure to get this cover off it’d be appreciated.

9202F6C1-7719-4033-BF0A-CA922E01D7CA.jpeg
53BDFD74-33FB-40E8-92A4-E38149A40075.jpeg

I didn't find another release, but I gave the whole thing a little mustard after the back was loose and it popped off. Popped back in fine as well. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked.

Did you pull straight up from both ends once the back was released or did you torque it from the backside up and forward?

Straight up from both sides, needed a little more on the front once the back was loose. Also, just curious, but why are you taking it off? I was trying to jump a dead battery, but subsequently read in the manual the negative terminal is elsewhere, supposedly. Still not sure I located it, lol

Thanks, Im mounting a positive eyelet in that spot for a battery tender that requires some of that plastic housing to be trimmed. Much easier to trim with it removed than secured to the car.

Ill take a pic shortly to show you where the positive and negative jumper posts are under the hood

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back