Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TxTag Vs PDR Camera

Blackwing16

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Has anyone with a CT4-V Blackwing that has the PDR camera figured out what to do for Texas toll roads? Just got my TxTag sticker and noticed how much of the PDR camera it blocks with it temp installed under the rear view mirror spot where it’s supposed to be mounted.
6DACC7BB-5DB8-4F4F-99AF-5B78061740AC.jpeg
984E7B41-846B-4B55-8333-75CE13937D0D.jpeg
5F4D9FCA-8600-468F-87DD-D20A1897C230.jpeg

I worked in Dallas up until the beginning of this year but lived in the Seattle area. My TX toll tag was stuck to back of a vertically hung corporate parking tag that suspends down off the rear-view mirror. Worked just fine even though it wasn't on the glass. I'd suggest finding one of the cheaper on/off ramps and experimenting with placement on the glass to get it out of PDR view.

I never bothered installing mine when I was there (2017-18) just included my car details with my account online, they get the plates and can just as easily bill that way.
YMMV of course. If you want it on, I'd be tempted to try horizontally or vertically top right against the passenger side A pillar. Shouldn't really see it over there.

I never bothered installing mine when I was there (2017-18) just included my car details with my account online, they get the plates and can just as easily bill that way.
YMMV of course. If you want it on, I'd be tempted to try horizontally or vertically top right against the passenger side A pillar. Shouldn't really see it over there.
Apparently you can drive through without the sticker for a while, but eventually they send a letter forcing you to install the sticker or start paying fees.

I think I’m going to try offsetting it on the passenger side of the windshield. It can go above where the PDR camera looks if its not centered under the rear view mirror

I just hold mine up when i go through the toll - seems to work just fine. Not my best recommendation though.
This is way too much effort for me! I would definitely miss some tolls, not that I drive on many tolls now anyway 😅

I think I’m going to try offsetting it on the passenger side of the windshield.
I currently do this in my truck. It's offset 3 or 4 inches to the right of the recommended location. I do this so I can't see it from the driver's seat. No problems.

Still in the SS but placed the toll tag in all of my vehicles in a place that I can't see it from the drivers seat. Generally that puts it high center or high off center towards the passenger. Thanks for the heads up about the PDR for both the toll tag and the radar detector. I'll keep it in mind for... someday.

This is the spot I was thinking. Does this match what y’all have done and not had TxTag issues?
77B1E4F1-DC1A-4180-99A7-577532625EF4.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners