Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Turn around time?

Order submitted March 23 for a 5BW. Still not accepted by GM. Medium volume dealer, so it seems.
I wonder how do you even know why dealer is big or small or whatever?!?! I have no clue what allocations this guys might have or not :(

I wonder how do you even know why dealer is big or small or whatever?!?! I have no clue what allocations this guys might have or not :(
You really don't. It's a really dumb system. They said they have sold plenty of Vs in the past, but who knows. The allocation process for a special order is pointless. The way the first 250 cars were reserved and sold is better. Release the cars available for sale on the Cadillac website, then choose your delivery dealer after you get a reservation through corporate. The dealers can stock their lot with allocated spots. They did nothing to "sell" a car to someone that special ordered a car.

My dealer is a medium sized store that’s also a preferred partner of the Cadillac V-club, whatever TF that’s worth. I know they’re not a small operation as they’re building a second location in my town.

I remember a while ago there was a memo that I’m pretty sure was posted here. It said customers on the waitlist are to be treated with the same urgency as the first 500 reservations (I’m paraphrasing). Sure.

You really don't. It's a really dumb system. They said they have sold plenty of Vs in the past, but who knows. The allocation process for a special order is pointless.
It has a very important point- screwing the consumer. While I think the manufacturers started the programs in good faith as a way to ensure smaller dealers got some of the specialty vehicles, since then the dealers have corrupted the allocation system to ensure that they have one more mechanism of control over the manufacturers.
Release the cars available for sale on the Cadillac website, then choose your delivery dealer after you get a reservation through corporate. The dealers can stock their lot with allocated spots. They did nothing to "sell" a car to someone that special ordered a car.
Ahh, car dealers. Second only to flippers in the amount of negative economic value they 'create' in the modern world!

I’m 1 week in and I already got blue balls….. this is going to suck… lol

My dealer guy sounded EXTREMELY confident about their allocation/ wait time…. I guess that’s reassuring….

I’m 1 week in and I already got blue balls….. this is going to suck… lol

My dealer guy sounded EXTREMELY confident about their allocation/ wait time…. I guess that’s reassuring….

LOL. My dealer (who has already moved about 20 BW's), said I would be lucky to get a car by May. I ordered 9/15.

It has a very important point- screwing the consumer. While I think the manufacturers started the programs in good faith as a way to ensure smaller dealers got some of the specialty vehicles, since then the dealers have corrupted the allocation system to ensure that they have one more mechanism of control over the manufacturers.

Ahh, car dealers. Second only to flippers in the amount of negative economic value they 'create' in the modern world!
Take a gander at the Bronco forums, now trickling out to the auto news outlets - Ford's vaunted reservation system is basically getting thrown out the window so that - you guessed it - most of the allocations go to the larger dealers and not the customers who have already put money down on a reservation.

Also Ford corporate's initiative to make sure dealers weren't creating 'ghost' customers for showroom allocations has already been knee-capped because - wait for it - the dealers complained.

Take a gander at the Bronco forums, now trickling out to the auto news outlets - Ford's vaunted reservation system is basically getting thrown out the window so that - you guessed it - most of the allocations go to the larger dealers and not the customers who have already put money down on a reservation.

Also Ford corporate's initiative to make sure dealers weren't creating 'ghost' customers for showroom allocations has already been knee-capped because - wait for it - the dealers complained.

I'm on those Bronco forums and I can confirm this. It's getting ugly. I happen to be a Day 2 (7/14/20) Bronco reservation holder and I have absolutely no idea when (or if) I'll get a Bronco. People with reservations months after me are receiving Broncos. Ford can't (won't?) even build all the "First Edition" Broncos they promised (there seems to be a lot of confusion how orders should be treated by some ignorant dealers on this one).

Ford doesn't have a clue. They completely botched the Bronco launch, on every level. They (or their supplier), Webasto) couldn't build the MIC (molded in color) hard tops properly, so they halted production of orders with those tops. Some were already sold, so Ford will replace the early hard tops--that's how bad they were. Some Broncos with hard tops were built or in process, so Ford parked them in a dirt parking lot ("Dirt Mountain" on the forums) for months until new hard tops can be built. Imagine getting notified that your new car is built .... only to find that Ford is holding it for two months in a dirt lot. Ford already has a recall on the airbags on the Bronco. Now Ford is penalizing good dealers (my opinion, read for yourself) and ultimately the end buyers for Ford's mistakes , the biggest of which is accepting way more reservations than they can build.

Like it or not, GM/Cadillac did it much better. Limited number of reservations, can go through any dealership regardless of allocations--but not so many that the large dealers revolt and dictate terms to GM. Then allocation system after that. You might not like it, but it's better than being lied to that reservations matter.

Twitter exchange ongoing with @mrlevine
Twitter exchange ongoing with @mrlevine
Levine is a tool.

Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy
Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy

#ReservationsoverAllocations
#ReservationsoverAllocations

why are we blaming Ford and not the dealers?

This is the lie that Ford told originally, before deleting any reference to it months later (while still taking reservations):
OkSlW8z36OxPkXY_EsDCF-42lP7Uhld1SKFu3MYaDkseSDRlcgZHDXw4zqzx6f0VSMMmVMKqXcubdqWDToiELhSY4rqj4OSamjSJ49NANZfHvmPNJI_sN6NmySf30DG5Xom7INS0=s0

LOL. My dealer (who has already moved about 20 BW's), said I would be lucky to get a car by May. I ordered 9/15.
I ordered 8/31 and my dealer was pretty sure I'd see mine in Feb/March. I'm not sure I believe that now. If mine doesn't show until May, they can keep it. Oh, and at what point will production change to 2023's. I'd guess July?

Ordered my 4BW at the end of August. TPW 10/25/21.
After calling many dealers that gave me the runaround, I’ve found an honest dealer that had an allocation in hand.

Ordered my 4BW at the end of August. TPW 10/25/21.
After calling many dealers that gave me the runaround, I’ve found an honest dealer that had an allocation in hand.
Living the dream.

Maybe I get lucky and my dealers 5 month ETA is not total BS

Registered interest with my dealer back in May or so. Got a call on July 19th to place my order over the phone. Order was accepted by GM on July 22nd. Currently TPW is 11/22.

My dealer told me they had 3 allocations and 5 orders….

Not sure if they have delivered any

Right- remember that there are about a dozen manufacturers, and thousands of dealers. Plus, the dealers are local. The dealers band together and if they don't like what the manufacturers are doing, they'll lobby their various states to enact laws to force them to bow down. Who do you think state legislatures are going to listen to, some company based out of Michigan? Or the couple hundred rich in-state donors who hold a decent percentage of the seats on all the local business councils, and employ thousands of their constituents?

Dealers have all the power, because they've created a captive market system- and the biggest dealers hold the most.

I suppose we're getting a bit OT, but this really burns me up a little. And it's really short-sighted on the dealers' part because they're driving the industry toward commoditization, where everyone offers the same boring self-driving snoozebox with a slightly different logo.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back