Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Turn around time?

Vakane

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct5-V 86-345
So for those of you lucky guys who didn’t have a preorder and just walked into a dealer and put it an order….

What has been your turnaround time?

Same question to you preorder kings.

From nothing to Delivered! If you can also add when you placed the order and when was it delivered. T will give us new guys a good realistic gauge of what to expect.

My dealer gave me a somewhat shallow estimate of like 5-6 months but based on what I’ve read here it seems like you guys waited much longer.

Ordered mine the first week of Sept. Dealer said if I was very lucky looking at April 22 for delivery.
Hopefully someone who has taken delivery can chime in and confirm if 7-8 months is accurate or not.

I placed my order in the end of May. I'm at 3400 now but just waiting for production to catch up. 6-8 months seems like a realistic time frame for none reservations orders. They're still backlogged all the way to July for orders

It also matters what dealer you're ordering from. If they can get an allocation for you that'll make all the difference. The higher volume dealers will get allocations quicker than the smaller ones or ones that don't sell to many V cars

It also matters what dealer you're ordering from. If they can get an allocation for you that'll make all the difference. The higher volume dealers will get allocations quicker than the smaller ones or ones that don't sell to many V cars
I wonder how do I get information about my dealers “volume”… are they honest and tell you “oh you’re screwed” lol.

Im happy I don’t have to pay a markup…. But maybe that’s the trade off.

Make sure your dealer is even authorized to order a Blackwing. My local dealer strung me along for 3 months. When I finally went to the sales manager he said they would never receive an authorization.

Make sure your dealer is even authorized to order a Blackwing. My local dealer strung me along for 3 months. When I finally went to the sales manager he said they would never receive an authorization.

Hmmm they gave me an order number…. I’m assuming that means they are authorized?

But you know what happens when you assume.

I posted this on my FB several weeks ago but here was my time frame..

I also ordered a CT4-V BW on Aug 31 (I think) and it currently TPW 10/25 and 3400....

I ran the numbers for the time line of my Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing and I have to say that Cadillac did an awesome job during a crazy time period! The V-Team built an epic car that will go down in history!
I received my reservation on 02/01/21. (1 of 250) I received #43
Car was built on 07/19/21.
Car was delivered on 08/09/21.
Thats 190 days from reservation to delivery, and 22 days from build to delivery. I don't think thats to bad during this covid crap!
Thanks again Cadillac for an awesome car!

Ordered 6/5/21 and currently have a 10/25/21 TPW, if it sticks I'm guessing I'll get the car mid November which will make it about five months from ordering it to driving it.

But that's worthless information to be honest. My timeline is different form that of those who ordered day one. A person could have ordered from a different dealership a week earlier or a week later than me and have vastly different timelines depending of a multitude of factors. Plus at any given moment we might get announcements of other constraints or even shutdowns. Normally the further a company gets into production of a new model the more efficient they get at delivering cars quickly, so ordering later will often result in a quicker turnaround than a launch edition. But that's in a normal world in which we certainly aren't.

TLDR, you just can't extrapolate your timeline based on anyone else's experience to date. There are literally too many moving parts. It's best to take a chilled 'it'll get here when it gets here' approach to ordering these cars.

Ordered 6/5/21 and currently have a 10/25/21 TPW, if it sticks I'm guessing I'll get the car mid November which will make it about five months from ordering it to driving it.

But that's worthless information to be honest. My timeline is different form that of those who ordered day one. A person could have ordered from a different dealership a week earlier or a week later than me and have vastly different timelines depending of a multitude of factors. Plus at any given moment we might get announcements of other constraints or even shutdowns. Normally the further a company gets into production of a new model the more efficient they get at delivering cars quickly, so ordering later will often result in a quicker turnaround than a launch edition. But that's in a normal world in which we certainly aren't.

TLDR, you just can't extrapolate your timeline based on anyone else's experience to date. There are literally too many moving parts. It's best to take a chilled 'it'll get here when it gets here' approach to ordering these cars.
Thats wisdom right there!

Certainly not a prediction but just a way to burn time and day dream for those of use that got in late into the action.

Other things to torture me further are dealer allocation slots and YouTube review videos…

Thinking what changes would I make to the other now but won’t because I’m scared it will delay it more..

Also thinking what can I change to speed up my order :p

So not really trying to pin point but reading everyone’s experiences does help show how lucky or unlucky I can get.

One can only dream 🛌 💭🤩

ordered mine (CT5-V BW) on Feb. 27th after I wasn't smart enough to scroll down the page during the press release and reservation demo......im at 3000 with a TPW of 11/1/21.... mine might be one of the longest waits so far....dealer didn't get an allocation for a while for a 5 but I got their first allocation of non reserved cars. so fingers crossed it'll be built soon. I can't wait considering I've already sold my CTS-V3....

I put in a pre-order one day after the books opened. Heard nothing for six months, then was called to say my car was in! Apparently the "deposit" allocation ahead of me at the dealer cancelled, and I was the next in line for that allocation. Better lucky then good, I guess...

I put in a pre-order one day after the books opened. Heard nothing for six months, then was called to say my car was in! Apparently the "deposit" allocation ahead of me at the dealer cancelled, and I was the next in line for that allocation. Better lucky then good, I guess...
That’s the stuff!

I need around 2500 cancellations lmao I placed a workbench order a few days ago and my order number doesn’t even start with Z lol

I believe that is a worlds first…. But in this sort of situation it can’t mean anything good…

This is for a 4BW, right?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners