Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

To Debadge or no?

Debadge?

• Total voters

SOP

Seasoned Member
I've got a theory that GM/Cadillac watered down the V badge to help sell more cars in general for the bean counters to greenlight the engineers/designers wishlist for the Blackwings.

Anywho! Seeing as how these cars are barely differentiated from the regular V cars, and the V badges not as prestigious as it once was(in my opinion), I was thinking I might just take off all the V badges and the CT4 on the back. I figure the car is already 90% stealth, what's another 10% and finish the job.

Anyone else planning to Debadge?

Debadge + Front and rear shields to black (if possible). I like stealth, and also the, "WTF is that?" comments.
Also on the fence if I want swap the shields to black. I'll have to wait and see the car in person

Debadge + Front and rear shields to black (if possible). I like stealth, and also the, "WTF is that?" comments.
I plan on having all the badges blacked out except for the red parts of each of the Cadillac badges and the V badges. Figured since my car is infrared, it would fit nicely with all of the black trim and the red paint.

The front cadillac emblem is actually the cruise control sensor. If you debadge I wouldnt remove the rear badge because to me it would look stupid to have the badge only on the front.

I planned on debadging the V badges and CT5 on the back. I will just leave the front and rear emblem in carbon fiber from deepbluechrome.com

I'd be tempted to remove the CT5/CT4 badge but these cars don't even have any actual Blackwing badging so to anyone lookng at the car it just looks like a V, not a Blackwing.

However I think only car enthusiasts at this point can spot the difference and the general public still has no idea what V is so I don't think a debadge is necessary unless you just like the car looking a little cleaner. I still think I'd keep the V badges (after all these are V cars) but remove the model badge (CT4/CT5) to clean it up a bit if I were to debadge.

I'd be tempted to remove the CT5/CT4 badge but these cars don't even have any actual Blackwing badging so to anyone lookng at the car it just looks like a V, not a Blackwing.

However I think only car enthusiasts at this point can spot the difference and the general public still has no idea what V is so I don't think a debadge is necessary unless you just like the car looking a little cleaner. I still think I'd keep the V badges (after all these are V cars) but remove the model badge (CT4/CT5) to clean it up a bit if I were to debadge.
What id really like is a blackwing logo maybe on the fender where the hellcat has its logo. I think that would be cool.

There should be a 4th choice...some badges.

I plan on replacing OEM with blacked out nose and tail, removing the CT5 badge and anything on the sides of the car (which I don't think it has).

There should be a 4th choice...some badges.

I plan on replacing OEM with blacked out nose and tail, removing the CT5 badge and anything on the sides of the car (which I don't think it has).
How cool would it be if someone came up with a Blackwing badge that would replace the Cadillac shield, at least in the back.

One of these
LTA-Cadillac-Blackwing-Engine-Blackwing-Logo.jpg
images (1).png
would be fire..

I debadged mine and went with black emblems. Wasn't sure what I'd think of it but I like it better overall. The V badges look a bit tacky after you compare with and without. I also don't really care if anyone knows what trim it is.

I debadged mine and went with black emblems. Wasn't sure what I'd think of it but I like it better overall. The V badges look a bit tacky after you compare with and without. I also don't really care if anyone knows what trim it is.
Feel free to post some pics

Feel free to post some pics
Post #698

Post #698

God damn that looks good. You got fine taste sir

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC