Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Thoughts on carbon fiber pricing and constraints

leres

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Now that we've seen the bump in pricing for the exterior (and interior) carbon fiber options I can't help wondering if the reason the exterior options were on constraint was because the cost of carbon fiber had increased to the point where the supplier was no longer making enough money producing the parts. Or maybe the supplier wanted more for the parts such that Cadillac would no longer make enough money on the options.

If this is true then I would expect the exterior carbon fiber options to go off constraint soon. (I hope!)

Anyone know what the price is moving up to on the CT4 BW’s? Only 5 BW pricing is out right?

Makes sense, but I would imagine the supplier would be locked in to a contract that should prevent something like that from happening.
I think you're right, but like all contracts, they're for a specific period of time.

Something tells me the LTA for their CF supplier just got renegotiated...

My SWAG is since the original CF supplier went defunct, this was the best deal GM could negotiate with a supplier large enough to meet orders.

IIRC, the C8 has 4 CF suppliers and one went bankrupt earlier this year. It removed the CF Engine Appearance Package from the order guide.

My SWAG is since the original CF supplier went defunct, this was the best deal GM could negotiate with a supplier large enough to meet orders.

IIRC, the C8 has 4 CF suppliers and one went bankrupt earlier this year. It removed the CF Engine Appearance Package from the order guide.

There were like 5 suppliers at one point for the carbon fiber. That’s why there are multiple parts numbers for the same parts.

Cadillac tried very hard to get carbon while not compromising the quality.

While I didn’t expect the base price to go up as much as it did, I expected carbon fiber to go up more than is actually did.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back